Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes I think this also. But if this would be the case, then a new 3D Mario could most probably happen in 2020.
I don't see 3D Mario coming this year because I believe 3D World will be the 3D Mario game for this year. I know they did 2 2D Mario games last year, but I don't see it happening this year with 3D Mario.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
I don't see 3D Mario coming this year because I believe 3D World will be the 3D Mario game for this year. I know they did 2 2D Mario games last year, but I don't see it happening this year with 3D Mario.

Yes me too. This is why I am so interested in which game could be this game that Zell refered to? It must have been a game that is
a) very "big", because otherwise it would not be the closer to E3 Direct and
b) is most probably not revealed untill today.

Furthermore it has to be a game, that was at least originally planned for 2020, because I doubt that Nintendo would give us a trailer in June 2019 for a game that is more than 18 months away. So which game could it be?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes me too. This is why I am so interested in which game could be this game that Zell refered to? It must have been a game that is
a) very "big", because otherwise it would not be the closer to E3 Direct and
b) is most probably not revealed untill today.

Furthermore it has to be a game, that was at least originally planned for 2020, because I doubt that Nintendo would give us a trailer in June 2019 for a game that is more than 18 months away. So which game could it be?

I agree it had to be a big game. Honestly I think it would've been whatever the 3D Tokyo Team is working on or 2D Metroid. Maybe if the Mario Kart group was making something big then that could've been possible, but not sure

Do you think we might get a game from the 3D Mario team this year? It doesn't have to be 3D Mario. Maybe something smaller or a different IP

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I think Zells E3 game could've been 2D Metroid or 3D Mario. More so I think it could've been 3D Mario. I felt either 3D Mario or BotW 2 would've been this years big holiday game. Zell could've heard something where Nintendo was deciding to reveal 3D Mario and it was going to be the holiday 2020 title.

Somewhere from then Nintendo was realizing BotW 2 could make holiday 2020 and of course E3 2019 is where you would reveal it. Idk that's just my guess if what Zell heard was true.
...Or 2D Mario is my guess.
And also, just for clarification, after re-reading the Nintendo Tweets about the job recruitements, they just say they are for 2D and 3D action games. But both have a lot of Mario images in them, especially 2D and Mario platformers are labbelled "action" by Nintendo. So we can't 100% rule out they might work on something else than Mario (and that the Mario images were just to attract people).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could deffo see something Captain toad level happening this year. Hope we get an Animal Crossing direct this week
Agree. I think we could get a Captain Toad type of game. I'm hoping for AC Direct this week.

...Or 2D Mario is my guess.
And also, just for clarification, after re-reading the Nintendo Tweets about the job recruitements, they just say they are for 2D and 3D action games. But both have a lot of Mario images in them, especially 2D and Mario platformers are labbelled "action" by Nintendo. So we can't 100% rule out they might work on something else than Mario (and that the Mario images were just to attract people).
idk if I believe 2D Mario is what they're working on and I don't see them revealing that anyways in E3 2019. Had NSMBU Deluxe release early that year and you had another 2D Mario game coming the same month. Nah I don't think they ever had the discussion of revealing a new 2D Mario game as a big finale for E3 (if they're even making that).

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
I don't want an 2D Mario. Or the must change the artstyle completely. Otherwise work on an dkc 6. Or make when they want to stay in the Mario serie an sequel to 3d world.

zim_ek

Feb 18, 2019
I personally don't see how MH Riders lessens the chances of MH Switch (as was explained by some people in this thread already).

To me this is more telling in terms of Capcom's handling of the IP - they want to spread it onto as many platforms as they can.

Hmm, where did MH Riders come from? Trying to find some info but not seeing anything about that. Thanks!

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
I don't want an 2D Mario. Or the must change the artstyle completely. Otherwise work on an dkc 6. Or make when they want to stay in the Mario serie an sequel to 3d world.

I am also fed up with Mario games. I want more Donkey Kong Country games, those are excellent platformers with amazing soundtracks..just perfect!

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Agree. I think we could get a Captain Toad type of game. I'm hoping for AC Direct this week.

idk if I believe 2D Mario is what they're working on and I don't see them revealing that anyways in E3 2019. Had NSMBU Deluxe release early that year and you had another 2D Mario game coming the same month. Nah I don't think they ever had the discussion of revealing a new 2D Mario game as a big finale for E3 (if they're even making that).
You are 100% right.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like January had enough stuff to roll into a Direct:

Pokémon DLC, Mystery Dungeon DX, Smash Fighters Pass 2, Byleth, Cuphead costume (among others), Gwent: Thronebreaker, The Turing Test, Metro ports, some Animal Crossing updates.

It wouldn't have been a huge Direct, but there was definitely enough pieces of a single direct this month.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
For what Zell could have been talking about, I see the following options:
  1. Ring Fit Adventure. Yeah, yeah, casual audience and all, but that hasn't stopped them before.
  2. 3D Mario. Could have been too early though.
  3. Paper Mario. Same as above.
  4. Unknown EPD Group 9 title. I don't know what the deal with this one is, but it'll probably be revealed very soon if it's real.
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. That might not be a Direct closer though.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I personally don't see how MH Riders lessens the chances of MH Switch (as was explained by some people in this thread already).

To me this is more telling in terms of Capcom's handling of the IP - they want to spread it onto as many platforms as they can.
Correct. It lessens the chances of a MHS port on Switch, and a traditional sequel ever happening though.

For classic MH, pretty sure Ichinose was teasing a traditional game last year, and he didn't work on Stories either.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
For what Zell could have been talking about, I see the following options:
  1. Ring Fit Adventure. Yeah, yeah, casual audience and all, but that hasn't stopped them before.
  2. 3D Mario. Could have been too early though.
  3. Paper Mario. Same as above.
  4. Unknown EPD Group 9 title. I don't know what the deal with this one is, but it'll probably be revealed very soon if it's real.
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. That might not be a Direct closer though.

It was 100% not Ring Fit Adventure. They didn't even include it in the September Direct and made sure to announce it separately so there was no way he was talking about it being included in an E3 Direct. Nintendo during the Switch era so far did a pretty good job at separating their casual stuff (Labo or Ring Fit Adventure) from the more core orientated games.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
It feels like January had enough stuff to roll into a Direct:

Pokémon DLC, Mystery Dungeon DX, Smash Fighters Pass 2, Byleth, Cuphead costume (among others), Gwent: Thronebreaker, The Turing Test, Metro ports, some Animal Crossing updates.

It wouldn't have been a huge Direct, but there was definitely enough pieces of a single direct this month.

I am happy that the most of this things are showed outside the general direct. So the general direct have more time to show big new games.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I was hurt too badly by the lack of January general direct to bother voting in this poll. We'll get it when we get it, but I'll still be mopey until we do regardless.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Please don't ignore the fact that Nintendo themselves have said recently (last year if my memory serves me well) that they are 100% committed to releasing a constant flow of games for the Switch, be it developed or published games.

If last year was an example to go by, this year with the confirmation of 3DS games no longer being developed, no fear of a drought needs to.even exist.

Direct is just around the corner and information is bound to explode.in our faces. There's no way Nintendo lets this momentum die. They don't know how long this success story will last and the big guns from Sony and MS are coming out VERY SOON.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I'd say there's a reasonable chance of this, yes. I suspect Nintendo would have had these games at the back of their mind when they greenlit Link's Awakening for a remake. It's whether they press on following Link's Awakening's sales - we will get a good update on LA's performance this week.

Problem is, there's a lot of Zelda already on Switch, and a lot of other prior entries that perhaps make more sense for a port, ahead of them - WW, SS and TP all make sense to me. It's not to say porting is easier and therefore more likely, its more about how you would schedule all of these Zelda games into a release slate...!
I never thought about all the other Zelda titles that they probably want to bring to the switch. And I hope they do because I would really like to have wind water on it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it definitely is an issue for devs or insiders that they can't post anything here without it being a headline in blogs and podcasts within a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.