Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
EXpectations = X
Not get ANYTHING = Zero

Cracked the code. Mega Man X9 confirmed at this Nintendo Investor briefing!

FBI OPEN UP

Definitely won't get anything. Thankfully I'm only interested in the sales data so this is as good as a direct for me.
We'll just have to see.

No offense but no one knows what they are going to say at the briefing. And if this is a general warning then yes no one should expect a secret Direct out of it lol. You will most likely just get sales talk and maybe if you are lucky one or two hints.

This is why I'm saying that in the first place. There's gonna be some poor fools getting hyped for this briefing for some reason and it's not a good idea.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
What are the odds that we get remakes of The Zelda Oracle games? I played seasons when it came out but never went back to them. It would be nice to get a remake in the links awakening style.
I'd say there's a reasonable chance of this, yes. I suspect Nintendo would have had these games at the back of their mind when they greenlit Link's Awakening for a remake. It's whether they press on following Link's Awakening's sales - we will get a good update on LA's performance this week.

Problem is, there's a lot of Zelda already on Switch, and a lot of other prior entries that perhaps make more sense for a port, ahead of them - WW, SS and TP all make sense to me. It's not to say porting is easier and therefore more likely, its more about how you would schedule all of these Zelda games into a release slate...!

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
There is one thing I am interested in.

KingZell said to us that he had originally expected another game to be shown at the end of E3 Direct 2019. So he was also surprised by the BotW 2 trailer because he had expected another trailer. This is very interesting I guess, because this means that another big Nintendogame was ready to reveal in June 2019, but has not been revealed till today. Due to that, I think this game should not be so far away from release. Which game could this be? I would predict that Zell talked about the new EPD Tokyo game back in the days.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Era in this Thread right now, just jk;)

3nf5u8.jpg

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I personally don't see how MH Riders lessens the chances of MH Switch (as was explained by some people in this thread already).

To me this is more telling in terms of Capcom's handling of the IP - they want to spread it onto as many platforms as they can.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you get your nintencard revoked does that mean you have to sell every Nintendo system you own? 🤔
the honorable thing to do is throwing all of them into an industrial shredder

giphy.gif

We get Nintendcards when we're in this business?

Why didn't I get one yet? Am I not Nintendy enough? ; _ ;

Now I'm sad :,(
maybe yours got lost in the mail? you should just call nintendo support (don't press the button for joycon repair tho cuz they won't pick up)

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

KingZell said to us that he had originally expected another game to be shown at the end of E3 Direct 2019. So he was also surprised by the BotW 2 trailer because he had expected another trailer. This is very interesting I guess, because this means that another big Nintendogame was ready to reveal in June 2019, but has not been revealed till today. Due to that, I think this game should not be so far away from release. Which game could this be? I would predict that Zell talked about the new EPD Tokyo game back in the days.

If its not one of the ports, my guess is either new IP or Odyssey sequel.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Can you find the quote you mean because I can't remember him saying something like that.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Not sure if jk is needed, Financial reports are more reliable in when they come out, the amount of info is substantial, and it never disappoints!*

* Sometimes it does disappoint

Well, tbh I really don't care about Sale Results at all, its cool and nice to see how Nintendo did in the past Financial Quarter and how much Game X and Y sold and everything, but at the end I don't care that much ;)

I care more about what Game they are working on ;)

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Can't wait for Nintendo to announce the first mobile Zelda game at the Investors Briefing Link: The Faces Of Evil HD Mobile Edition.
FacesOfEvil_EndingFrame.png

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

Retro's other game.

/selfavatarquote

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder Nintendo did a Smash Ultimate Direct in November 1, 2018. This was the same week as the financial earnings/investors meeting. Though, looking into it, it appears the financial earnings and investors meeting came October 30 (Tuesday) and 31 (Wednesday). The Smash direct didn't happen until after. I thought there would've been a sliver of hope for a AC direct, but I don't see Nintendo wanting to do it the same day as the earnings/meeting.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

Potential games, excluding WiiU ports:
-2D Mario (a recruitment ad was posted on Twitter for it
-3D "action" game from EPD ( a recruitment ad was posted on Twitter...I think it didn't specifically said Mario but he was shown on the image)
-Splatoon something (hinted in new year card)
-Metroid 5 or MPT, heavily hinted by several trusted insiders.
-HAL was recruiting for Kirby but it doesn't seem big enough
-Bayonetta 3 because it has to come out someday right ?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't recall Zell saying this. Do you have the post?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Just a reminder Nintendo did a Smash Ultimate Direct in November 1, 2018. This was the same week as the financial earnings/investors meeting. Though, looking into it, it appears the financial earnings and investors meeting came October 30 (Tuesday) and 31 (Wednesday). The Smash direct didn't happen until after. I thought there would've been a sliver of hope for a AC direct, but I don't see Nintendo wanting to do it the same day as the earnings/meeting.
Yeah, I feel like waiting for mid-February right now is the most sensible head-space for Nintendo fans to be. Maybe we get lucky and have a Direct next week, but if not, the following week seems pretty likely. As much as people want a Direct to fill out 2020, we've still had a good variety of news over the last month or so. I guess I'm in the sweetspot in that Byleth coming to Smash, side-story for Three Houses, expansion model for Pokemon, Bravely Default 2, Axiom Verge 2 and Sports Story were all positive announcements for me.

Fingers crossed for a February Direct that starts/ends with some variation of this classic theme though.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I don't recall Zell saying this. Do you have the post?

I think he is referring to this post. First game Zell is referring to is botw2 btw.

The plan was that this game is a 2020 game, dont know if things changed since than, i didnt even know that its gonna be showen this E3.

What i heard was another game and that didnt happen, am not sure if that was bad source or that Nintendo changed their plan for the show.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Just saw the MH riders. I'm still not giving up on a new MH game on Switch since Ichinose's project/tease (MH next) hasn't been revealed/announced. In fact, their next game should have been at least in development since 2017 similar to how MH world started development in 2014 after MH4.

Furthermore, I think Nintendo would have done something or strike a deal with Capcom considering the fact that MH was one of the major IPs that built the foundation for the 3DS.

Nintendo has managed to release majority of their major system sellers such as Pokemon, 3d Mario, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2 and with Square Enix: Dragon Quest. Now, the next major game is Animal Crossing.

After Animal Crossing, it's all sequels to the major system sellers such as Pokemon, Botw2 and Odyssey 2. A brand new Monster Hunter is the only major IP that's missing and I think Nintendo will at the very least get the game exclusive in Japan.

In addition, I remember one of the posters who teased MH world before it got announced said in a thread where people saying there won't be a MH for Switch: this thread will look silly in the future. Finally, the fact that Capcom ported MHXX/MHGU to the Switch says a lot. If Capcom didn't have any plans to build a new MH game for Switch, I doubt they would have ported it (or maybe they would since all they do these days is porting old games).

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Nintendo please do it next time you did it in 2018. Where you show Luigi Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing . And in Januari 2019 Mario Maker 2 Astral Chain and Zelda. Thats better. So please this year show also 2 big games for the next year in the september direct.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Mickagau yes exactly, this is the post I refered to, thx! :)

KingZell thought that another title would be shown at the end of the show and I highly doubt that he meant Ringfit Adventure, because this would be a weird closer. So I am pretty sure that he meant another big game.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Maybe Ring Fit ?
We do know that Emily was surprised when it wasn't announced by the september direct.

Or it might have been the game that was supposed to release around march 2020 before Animal Crossing's delay.
Ring Fit doesn't really make sense for E3. We've seen it with Labo - Nintendo know these 'expanded audience' games (as they would have been on Wii) don't necessarily strike a chord at an event like E3 or even in a normal Direct. The strategy for that experimental software is different. Emily's surprise was likely more down to the fact that there ended up being an incredibly short time between reveal and release - i.e. she was surprised it wasn't announced by the time of the September Direct because she knew Ring Fit was launching in October. Labo was announced 2 months before release, for example.

I think if there was a different, final E3 reveal planned it would've been for another fan-favourite title - I would think something like 2D Metroid might fit the bill. But it's obvious why that would be dropped in favour of Zelda, because Zelda is a much bigger deal, even if Metroid would go down well at E3; in that scenario you'd have to think Nintendo would be confident that both Metroid and Zelda are coming in 2020. Alternatively, it could have been a new 3D Mario - and maybe it didn't get revealed because of development schedule changes at EPD?

Obviously a lot happens inside Nintendo that we never find out about. See: the last 6 years at Retro Studios.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind that Zell also said that it might have been a bad info/source and considering his source(s) was/were already wrong once before (see N64 mini rumor) I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
Yes but I still think it is very interesting what game he could have heard about? I would also agree that it was most probably the next 3D Mario or a 2D Metroid. This seems to be the most likely candidates.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Keep in mind that Zell also said that it might have been a bad info/source and considering his source(s) was/were already wrong once before (see N64 mini rumor) I wouldn't take it as gospel.
I'm sure his source was right about the N64 Mini. It just got internally cancelled because they decided to just put all their legacy consoles on the Switch, one per year.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure his source was right about the N64 Mini. It just got internally cancelled because they decided to just put all their legacy consoles on the Switch, one per year.

Maybe but I wasn't referring to the N64 mini itself but the rumor that a Direct that contained an announcement of the N64 mini would happen at the end of 2018 (November/December). That one was definitely wrong information and Zell himself even doubted it when he reported about it here.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London

I was thinking about this the other day actually.

It'll be interesting to see what it is.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Zells E3 game could've been 2D Metroid or 3D Mario. More so I think it could've been 3D Mario. I felt either 3D Mario or BotW 2 would've been this years big holiday game. Zell could've heard something where Nintendo was deciding to reveal 3D Mario and it was going to be the holiday 2020 title.

Somewhere from then Nintendo was realizing BotW 2 could make holiday 2020 and of course E3 2019 is where you would reveal it. Idk that's just my guess if what Zell heard was true.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo please do it next time you did it in 2018. Where you show Luigi Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing . And in Januari 2019 Mario Maker 2 Astral Chain and Zelda. Thats better. So please this year show also 2 big games for the next year in the september direct.
But they did do that, they showed Animal Crossing and Xenoblade off and those are 2020 games.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
I think Zells E3 game could've been 2D Metroid or 3D Mario. More so I think it could've been 3D Mario. I felt either 3D Mario or BotW 2 would've been this years big holiday game. Zell could've heard something where Nintendo was deciding to reveal 3D Mario and it was going to be the holiday 2020 title.

Somewhere from then Nintendo was realizing BotW 2 could make holiday 2020 and of course E3 2019 is where you would reveal it. Idk that's just my guess if what Zell heard was true.

Yes I think this also. But if this would be the case, then a new 3D Mario could most probably happen in 2020.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So the thing I'd be wary of when hedging heavy bets on what largely reliable sources say, and I've said this before, is that many have observed the Nintendo leaker circle tends to fold back in on itself and becomes a bit of a game of telephone. Imran and I'm pretty sure Emily have noted it before, where one person hears one thing and it ends up circulating around to a lot of people and you end up with a bunch of "reliable leakers" saying variations of the same thing, sometimes a bit twisted around, but ultimately not really vettable and coming from a singular source.

This isn't to dismiss the reliability of anyone, but it is to highlight that unless it's coming from Nintendo directly (PUN ABSOLUTELY INTENDED), a grain of salt should be taken when reading leaked goodies. Not necessarily because of malicious intent or dishonesty from the author, but because sometimes stuff gets lost in translation as it goes around the rumour mill, and Nintendo's freedom to change any plan on a whim for whatever reasons means literally nothing is set in stone. Leakers A, B, and C all say variations of the same thing, but it really all came from Leaker A, and Nintendo ends up changing the dates anyway.

Until we actually know what is formally going on with Nintendo, it's not wise to put 100% stock in the grapevine. Again not necessarily because people are dishonest or even wrong. But because Nintendo's plans today won't necessarily be the same tomorrow, and since leaker stuff is known before being formally announced, and internal date shift or cancellation leads to people knowing stuff before they were supposed to happen and then confused when they...don't.

We'll just have to wait and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.