Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ok guys I've been thinking this during shower lol

Let's list every Nintendo funded AND published full retail price title they have released for every year and count how many of them they did.

2017:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 1-2 Switch
- ARMS
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Splatoon 2
- Pokken Tournament DX

Total of games: 9
New games: 7

2018:
- Labo Variety Kit
- Labo Robot Kit
- Labo Vehicle Kit
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
- Kirby Star Allies
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
- Bayonetta 1+2
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
- Super Mario Party

Total of games: 11
New games : 7 (although I see the Pokemon games as new, they're more a reimagining than a remake IMO)

2019:
- New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Labo VR Kit
- Mario Maker 2
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Fire Emblem Three Houses
- Astral Chain
- Link's Awakening
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- Pokemon Sword/Shield

Total of games: 11
New games: 9

Going by those numbers, we can expect around 10 full price retail titles for this year, so far we have confirmed for this year:

- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
- Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

Confirmed titles: 4
New titles: 1

We have hints of the next games that could release this year if they exist:
- Pikmin 3 Port
- Super Mario 3D World Port
- 2D Metroid
- Paper Mario

Rumored/hinted/probably leaked titles: 4
New titles: 2

Then we have the games that are announced, with no given date:
- Metroid Prime 4
- Bayonetta 3
- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild sequel

Total: 3 new games.

IMO Metroid Prime is not going to release this year, no way it happens, so if we count all the possible titles that could release this year, we're looking at 10 titles, 5 of them brand new. If that is the case, what other full price retail titles we can expect from Nintendo this year? Considering we're expecting 5 of them to be remakes/ports, I think it is possible we can see 2 more brand new titles that we don't know anything about, that could release this year, and one of them is probably going to be a casual title (pr maybe both lol).

I would love to have a Super Mario Odyssey sequel with multiple playable characters and Diddy Kong Racing sequel (or any racing from the Mario Kart team). I don't think they're possible but I hope we get them. Or even a new IP would be cool. Or Splatoon spin-off. We might also get Mario Golf, but that could release next year.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily, but it depends on how you define a generation. Also "generations" are arbitrary at this point, it's no longer the difference between 8-bit to 16-bit and so on. I'd say a more accurate description of a generation nowadays is a significantly different new hardware with brand new games designed for that new hardware, in that sense Switch is Gen 9.

*edit - What is the current gen to you 8 or 9?
I was just making a joke. I consider the Wii U to be part of the Xbone and PS4 generation. The switch was Nintendo's next generation system for both handheld and console but it just so happened to come out three years before Xbox SX and PS5.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
@ing me with this non-game mobile filth lol

sadly this is the best us DKfans are gonna get. i was holding out hope for a while for a third retro title (return of kremlings, second trilogy like poetry it rhymes ETC ), but im pretty sure that ship has sailed. sad. what the hell retro, what have you been doing all these years??

You're only upset because you couldn't pull Diddy in the two days it took you to reply to my post

Anyway Retro was probably just BBQing the whole time to try and think of a new game idea, but they just couldn't get it right until Prime 4. No more BBQs for them until it's done! Maybe someone else could make a DK game now that Retro's busy. Like Good-Feel, or... Vanpool!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
So goodfeel did yarn, wool, and craft. What if they made donkey kong balloon world next? The whole style is balloons. Everything is made of balloons, with popping, inflating or deflating, etc as gimmicks.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So goodfeel did yarn, wool, and craft. What if they made donkey kong balloon world next? The whole style is balloons. Everything is made of balloons, with popping, inflating or deflating, etc as gimmicks.

Didn't they make Wario Land or was that another team? I NEED a new Wario Land game.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

And Karny K Rool could be the villain; K Rool but dressed as a clown, able to create evil balloon Kremlings to get in DK's way!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
And Karny K Rool could be the villain; K Rool but dressed as a clown, able to create evil balloon Kremlings to get in DK's way!
We all float down here, Diddy.
gator-storm-drain_2016_12_13.jpg

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
You're only upset because you couldn't pull Diddy in the two days it took you to reply to my post

Anyway Retro was probably just BBQing the whole time to try and think of a new game idea, but they just couldn't get it right until Prime 4. No more BBQs for them until it's done! Maybe someone else could make a DK game now that Retro's busy. Like Good-Feel, or... Vanpool!
hmmm.. if my options for a new entry are good-feel and vanpool, not sure if i still want it. i mean, i guess i'd be curious enough to see it. i mean.. fine. okay. fine. ill take it.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Team January should get a "true Believer" tag or something, but when we ascend in a few hours such mere terrenal things will not matter anymore.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow! I just can't believe that the Direct <insert extremely unlikely event here> in the end! Who could have guessed? You can _________ predict what Nintendo will do.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we had time travelers in this thread. It's only the 27th, January isn't over unless you have proof from your crystal ball that it didn't happen.

I think I've finally lost my mind, Bart.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah ok.

So the countdown you gave me Is for the Release not the briefing right?
Yes the first one I gave you is for the financial results. The one I just posted is for the investors briefing.

They drop the financials at 4/5 pm in Japan. I couldn't remember which one so that's why I said it could be an hour off. The following morning at 10 am is when they do the investors briefing.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Don't have to high expectations for the next Nintendo direct. Maybe the direct is so bad like the last one in September

SuperMario

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even care about the date of the Direct anymore

I just want Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD Switch

I want it so bad.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yes the first one I gave you is for the financial results. The one I just posted is for the investors briefing.

They drop the financials at 4/5 pm in Japan. I couldn't remember which one so that's why I said it could be an hour off. The following morning at 10 am is when they do the investors briefing.
Perfect, I'll add right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.