Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck humblebundle automatically charged my Choice for this months before I could pause. I will try their support to cancel the order. Hope this works.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So I've got a question.

Example 1
Ssd as boot drive with nvme as additional storage for playing games

Example 2
Nvme as boot drive and playing games from this drive

Will example 1 have slower loading times?

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Do we know the other Humble games coming up? I've played Metro Exodus on GP, really liked it. Darksiders is on GP, and Hellpoint looks mediocre.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Playing any games on my PC gives me crazy stutter i see online it's because of Windows 10 recent updates tried to rollback now it says i can't damn anything i can do
N69bqdE.png

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Playing any games on my PC gives me crazy stutter i see online it's because of Windows 10 recent updates tried to rollback now it says i can't damn anything i can do
N69bqdE.png

I thought they rolled out a fix for that?

www.ghacks.net

Microsoft fixed the Windows 10 game performance issue - gHacks Tech News

Microsoft has published a fix for the game performance issue that some Windows 10 users experienced after installation of the March/April 2021 patches.

This comment seems to provide more ways to check if you have it installed or not:

old.reddit.com

Microsoft fixed the Windows 10 game performance issue

Posted in r/Games by u/Just_a_user_name_ • 1,024 points and 104 comments

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling the gameplay in Resident Evil 7, to be honest. It's pretty much everything I hated about classic Resident Evil. Cumbersome controls with ultra-slow movement, enemies that are bullet sponges and an overall janky feeling. The hide and seek segments are also pretty awful and emblems and keys at every corner make this rather comical. I am thinking about just restarting the game on easy mode because I like the atmosphere and setting and straight out crazy scenes like the garage encounter. But the gameplay is pretty much shit, which also makes me extremely less hyped about Resident Evil 8. I hope they return to the format of 4-6 sooner or later. These games are so much better and more fun to play. Or at least take a look at what made Dead Space and The Evil Within so good.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Not feeling the gameplay in Resident Evil 7, to be honest. It's pretty much everything I hated about classic Resident Evil. Cumbersome controls with ultra-slow movement, enemies that are bullet sponges and an overall janky feeling. The hide and seek segments are also pretty awful and emblems and keys at every corner make this rather comical. I am thinking about just restarting the game on easy mode because I like the atmosphere and setting and straight out crazy scenes like the garage encounter. But the gameplay is pretty much shit, which also makes me extremely less hyped about Resident Evil 8. I hope they return to the format of 4-6 sooner or later. These games are so much better and more fun to play. Or at least take a look at what made Dead Space and The Evil Within so good.
Did you play RE2 remake? I've only played RE2 and 3 remake and loved them; wondering how 7 compares to them in feel.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I thought they rolled out a fix for that?

www.ghacks.net

Microsoft fixed the Windows 10 game performance issue - gHacks Tech News

Microsoft has published a fix for the game performance issue that some Windows 10 users experienced after installation of the March/April 2021 patches.

This comment seems to provide more ways to check if you have it installed or not:

old.reddit.com

Microsoft fixed the Windows 10 game performance issue

Posted in r/Games by u/Just_a_user_name_ • 1,024 points and 104 comments
Thanks for the help, i just checked the link showing if i got that installed it seems i do?

uMKVtPO.png

Weirdly i was playing Overwatch now and i get crazy stutters makes it unplayable

Might try reinstalling Nvidia drivers again clean install maybe that would help

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Did you play RE2 remake? I've only played RE2 and 3 remake and loved them; wondering how 7 compares to them in feel.

A lot slower. 7 tries to mix more recent first person horror games with old resident evil. Games in which you feel vulnerable, you are slow, in some cases you cannot reasonably fight what is threatening you, hiding becomes necessary. Obviously it has huge diversions from that inspiration, being a Resident Evil game, and it diverges even more the longer the game goes on, as it becomes more action focused.

RE2 remake is a very responsive game, you are very capable. It's not a very scary game, just tense at times.

At the end of the day the DNA of Resident Evil is still there, keys and doors and puzzles and so it's still great. If you loved the remakes for those things, the memorization of a building, the joy in finding a that key item you needed for that door you saw an hour ago, you'll like 7.

This is why I don't care if Resident Evil is third person, first person, or tank controls. A good Resident Evil game transcends the perspective. When you can take the gameplay as it is, understanding that every encounter was designed and balanced for how capable you are.

That said, there is no doubt that the closer to action feel of RE2R has helped it among people that were otherwise uninterested in the series. So depending on what you loved, it might not be for you.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Lol prices were a lot different back in 2016. 😭
Was looking around my order history, and I payed $58(after tax) for 16GB of ddr4 ram.
You will feel right at home going from the remakes to RE7. It's a bit slower in movement, but not that big of a deal. Much better atmosphere too, and it's got one of the best boss fights in the series.

Enemy variety is a bit disappointing though.

Last edited:

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna echo what the others above me said. I was in a similar boat as you and only played the remakes before playing 7 in prep for 8. Outside of a stronger sense of horror (primarily in the 1st half), the perspective, and some other minor changes (slow sprint speed being one) it felt much closer to the remakes than I was expecting in a good way.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
A lot slower. 7 tries to mix more recent first person horror games with old resident evil. Games in which you feel vulnerable, you are slow, in some cases you cannot reasonably fight what is threatening you, hiding becomes necessary. Obviously it has huge diversions from that inspiration, being a Resident Evil game, and it diverges even more the longer the game goes on, as it becomes more action focused.

RE2 remake is a very responsive game, you are very capable. It's not a very scary game, just tense at times.

At the end of the day the DNA of Resident Evil is still there, keys and doors and puzzles and so it's still great. If you loved the remakes for those things, the memorization of a building, the joy in finding a that key item you needed for that door you saw an hour ago, you'll like 7.

This is why I don't care if Resident Evil is third person, first person, or tank controls. A good Resident Evil game transcends the perspective. When you can take the gameplay as it is, understanding that every encounter was designed and balanced for how capable you are.

That said, there is no doubt that the closer to action feel of RE2R has helped it among people that were otherwise uninterested in the series. So depending on what you loved, it might not be for you.
Lol prices were a lot different back in 2016. 😭
Was looking around my order history, and I payed $58(after tax) for 16GB of ddr4 ram.

You will feel right at home going from the remakes to RE7. It's a bit slower in movement, but not that big of a deal. Much better atmosphere too, and it's got one of the best boss fights in the series.

Enemy variety is a bit disappointing though.
Gonna echo what the others above me said. I was in a similar boat as you and only played the remakes before playing 7 in prep for 8. Outside of a stronger sense of horror (primarily in the 1st half), the perspective, and some other minor changes (slow sprint speed being one) it felt much closer to the remakes than I was expecting in a good way.
Nice, thank you all for the comments.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Made a thread for the big release this week.

www.resetera.com

Total War: ROME REMASTERED |OT| - Filiae et Filii Romae OT

Release Date: April 29th 2021 Developer: Creative Assembly, Feral Interactive Publisher: Sega Platforms: Steam (Windows, Linux), Mac Store (Forthcoming) Price: £24.99/$29.99/€29.99 (Half price for owners of the original Total War: Rome on Steam until May 31st) Take command of one of three Roman...

Darn right.

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Okay thanks.
Would you recommend I clone the drive, and use it as a boot drive?
What I should have said is , with the sata ssd involved their would be slight lag regardless of the setup, but it would be so negligible as to not be a problem either way.

As for cloning, i don't see why not, but i'm not necessarily the guy to be making recommendations one way or another - i have little experience with cloning drives myself.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
(Un)fortunately there's no other RE that's like 4-6 so if you don't like 1 and 7 I don't think you'll like any others.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, this is easily my biggest problem with 7. I never liked 0-3, CV and the 3DS games. I loved 4, kinda liked 5, loved most of 6. Well, I won't restart the game, I pushed further and I will just deal with the inconveniences. It's not that it's a hard game, just annoying to play IMHO. I just had my next boss fight and while the cinematography is great in first-person, the actual fight was so cumbersome with some wild mouse clicking and chainsaw swinging. It went on for minutes and I was just like "WTF"?! It was still fun because it looks so good, but it wasn't good gameplay by any means.

But I also don't like all those new horror games where you are just slow and vulnerable for the sake of it. Like when you walk like a snail when something is chasing you just feels stupid to me.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying the latest GRID game right now and it has a "VRS profile" option in the graphic settings. I've seen that before but never really figured out what it is?

What does it do and what kind of performance impact does it have?

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm trying the latest GRID game right now and it has a "VRS profile" option in the graphic settings. I've seen that before but never really figured out what it is?

Variable rate shading, maybe? I think it's supposed to increase performance by using lower quality shading on the periphery of the frame.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Think of it as sort of like DLSS in terms of application (usually very small hit in visuals for a decent performance gain). It can help bring up performance by prioritizing the visuals of important things (like center of the screen). It is mostly used in fast moving stuff (racing games) and VR.

It'll get you some bonus framerate, so I'd mess with it and see if you notice the difference, and if you don't leave it on.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Variable rate shading, maybe? I think it's supposed to increase performance by using lower quality shading on the periphery of the frame.
Think of it as sort of like DLSS in terms of application (usually very small hit in visuals for a decent performance gain). It can help bring up performance by prioritizing the visuals of important things (like center of the screen). It is mostly used in fast moving stuff (racing games) and VR.

It'll get you some bonus framerate, so I'd mess with it and see if you notice the difference, and if you don't leave it on.
Cool, thanks for the info!

Considering I can't get a solid 60fps on my 3080... I think I'll play around with it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.