• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they're getting rid of a shitty product that's sitting in their warehouse.

Exploiting the situation like this makes me never want to buy from them again. Like the cards are already expensive, now you wanna attach products you can't sell, because they are defective at full retail?

What PSU is that? Thermaltake with the RGB?

Gigabyte

www.newegg.com

GIGABYTE P750GM 750W ATX Full Modular Power Supply - Newegg.com

Buy GIGABYTE GP-P750GM 750 W ATX 12V v2.31 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!
I lied I guess. They are taking $30 off the $129 60% fail rate PSU

$799 for the 3070 though...

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing what Chinese development teams under 100 hell under 50 people are capable of doing last few years really puts things into perspective regarding overblown AAA studios. And before someone mentions working conditions there are issues but from what we saw past few years all AAA studios already are exploiting Chinese studios while still releasing buggy games with lack of creativity. By going indie or making games for themselves instead being outsourcing studio they still have better chance for decent life and work conditions.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
unknown.png

Darksiders Genesis finally.

This is for Humble Choice? Not bad at all! Even though I own Exodus, it's still a buy for me.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing what Chinese development teams under 100 hell under 50 people are capable of doing last few years really puts things into perspective regarding overblown AAA studios. And before someone mentions working conditions there are issues but from what we saw past few years all AAA studios already are exploiting Chinese studios while still releasing buggy games with lack of creativity. By going indie or making games for themselves instead being outsourcing studio they still have better chance for decent life and work conditions.

So what you are saying is that horrible working conditions with 80 hour weeks is fine in China if it happens at an independent studio as opposed to an outsourcing studio?

And that western developers that have larger teams to alleviate crunch is a bad thing because they still release buggy games?

That's quite a take.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
There seems to be a lot of assumptions in there.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what you are trying to say in this?
Under 100-50 studios have done very impressive stuff outside of China too.

1 gift from K.Jack

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Ra Ra!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Control Standard Edition - Won by Myradeer Myradeer (6 entries)

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
unknown.png

Darksiders Genesis finally.
Nice reveal for sure. I've been waiting to grab Metro Exodus. The Game Pass version ran like crap on my PC because I think it was locked to DX12 and my computer is very hit or miss when it comes to DX12 games. I've been meaning to play Darksiders Genesis as well. Hellpoint looks half-decent, will probably check that out too.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
The AoEIV event didn't really get too much love other than the thread on its release date, did it?

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
That humble stuff makes me more interested in what they're shoving in for the rest of the options

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
I picked a great week to pick up VR again.

Many thanks, nded for Sairento VR. I had a go with this on Viveport a few months back and really enjoyed it. Your generosity is much appreciated. =)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So what you are saying is that horrible working conditions with 80 hour weeks is fine in China if it happens at an independent studio as opposed to an outsourcing studio?

And that western developers that have larger teams to alleviate crunch is a bad thing because they still release buggy games?

That's quite a take.

No I am saying that western studios outsource a lot of things these days to East (India, China, Taiwan...) and paying very little for that. While going indie those studios maybe won't stop working 80h weeks right away but they still have better chance to earn more money and improve their lifes. And seeing how small studios make almost AAA level games (at least visually) with a lot more creativity gives me hope that they will achieve success that will allow them to have nice lifes.

There seems to be a lot of assumptions in there.

There are no assumptions there, exploitation of eastern outsource studios is well documented by various articles and videos. And going indie is their chance to improve their working conditions and life.

Not sure what you are trying to say in this?
Under 100-50 studios have done very impressive stuff outside of China too.

They did but I am happy that eastern studios are getting more and more chances on the market because they are too doing impressive things.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
No I am saying that western studios outsource a lot of things these days to East (India, China, Taiwan...) and paying very little for that. While going indie those studios maybe won't stop working 80h weeks right away but they still have better chance to earn more money and improve their lifes. And seeing how small studios make almost AAA level games (at least visually) with a lot more creativity gives me hope that they will achieve success that will allow them to have nice lifes.

There are no assumptions there, exploitation of eastern outsource studios is well documented by various articles and videos. And going indie is their chance to improve their working conditions and life.

They did but I am happy that eastern studios are getting more and more chances on the market because they are too doing impressive things.

Out if curiosity, what are these AAA super creative games you are referring to?

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Wasn't a fan of Exodus when I played last year but I'll probably give it another shot with the bundle.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
No doubt there is exploitation of outsourcing in general. The assumptions I was referring to are you talking about the working conditions inside Chinese studios. I don't know what it's like there for a 50-100 person studio, and you haven't provided any positive examples.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Out if curiosity, what are these AAA super creative games you are referring to?

Most recently Black Myth Wukong, Lost Soul Aside looks decent but we need to see more proper gameplay, Bright Memory offers good twist for FPS. On top of those there are interesting games on Steam coming from China every day, ranging from small to big ones.

No doubt there is exploitation of outsourcing in general. The assumptions I was referring to are you talking about the working conditions inside Chinese studios. I don't know what it's like there for a 50-100 person studio, and you haven't provided any positive examples.

Currently they are probably not that much better than as outsourcing studio due to years of bad working conditions. But if they can see that they can say f-this and go and form their own studios and achieve visibility and success there is chance that things will improve.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Most recently Black Myth Wukong, Lost Soul Aside looks decent but we need to see more proper gameplay, Bright Memory offers good twist for FPS. On top of those there are interesting games on Steam coming from China every day, ranging from small to big ones.
Don't forget that Bright Memory used stolen art assets.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Petroglyph Games have announced they're pausing development on Earthbreakers, a spiritual successor to Command and Conquer Renegade, because a publisher has offered them a project they couldn't refuse.

Everyone at Petroglyph sincerely appreciates all of your support and enthusiasm for Earthbreakers. Since starting this project last year we have been approached by a publisher to work on an exciting new game that has required all our available resources, including the majority of the Earthbreakers team. This means that for now, we need to place Earthbreakers on hold while we focus our full attention in making this new project as great as it can be. We still believe in Earthbreakers and will keep you appraised as to when we will resume development.

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: EarthBreakers :: Earthbreakers 2021 Update

Earthbreakers is on hold for the time being

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in Frost Giant's first project. Hope they go a different route than Starcraft though. While I enjoyed Starcraft a lot, It's not in my top 3 favorite RTS games (1. WC3, 2. RA2, 3. C&C Generals).
I'll admit I'm the opposite as Blizzard RTS goes, Starcraft is primo my shit and I dislike how mono-blobby hero RTSes can get. Immortal looks quite interesting, but will f2p be enough of a lowered barrier of entry for it to succeed?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a weird question-

So I just re-set up my xbox again to play some games. I put some batteries in my Xbox One controller and paired it to the Xbox. I also use this same controller wired to my PC.

If the controller has batteries in it and I'm using it wired to my PC, will it drain the batteries?

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Well, its my birthday, and what better present than having my small pc kick the bucket. :'(

Gonna give some keys in a bit when I figure out giftbot.

2 gifts from Toast

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Toast Toast!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Toast said:
Leftover I got from fanatical.

These are our awesome prizes:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Nope, everything seems to be maxed out and IIRC it's gonna take about 2 years for new fabs to start production. Though, I imagine things might get a bit better once more people start getting their hands on GPUs even at these slow rates.
>;(
I hope the rumored non xt 6700 is real. That might be the last chance at an update for this year. For me at least.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
This might be blasphemous to say in the PC space, but some of these action MMORPG's need some robust controller support.
Thats one reason why I'm enjoying playing Elder Scrolls Online a lot more than some of there other ones I've tried (Black Desert, Guild Wars 2 etc.)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Aarrgh, nobody did a reminder this month about Humble's deadline. Their recent change to bring it forward from Friday to Tuesday hit me this month. I didn't want anything in the list and I doubt I could sell enough of them in the BST thread to come close to covering it. I asked for a refund and they went ahead and granted it, which was nice.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Aarrgh, nobody did a reminder this month about Humble's deadline. Their recent change to bring it forward from Friday to Tuesday hit me this month. I didn't want anything in the list and I doubt I could sell enough of them in the BST thread to come close to covering it. I asked for a refund and they went ahead and granted it, which was nice.
I though I was paused, but apparently not.... :(

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It hit me few times before but I am currently on that 6$ for 6 months so I kinda don't care what is in the bundle because I can't pause it XD but 6$ for Genesis is great deal so there is that.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
What Red Alert 2 Remaster and Tiberian Sun?! I'm in, I'm so hoping for an announcement at least this year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.