Status
Not open for further replies.

AudiophileRS

Apr 14, 2018
"Revealed! The surprising Horizon Zero Dawn sequel." on the bottom right of that first cover.

If it's a legit cover I don't expect OPM to be unveiling it, so I expect something beforehand..

HZD came out in Feb 2017 and give the nature of the IP, it needs to be next-gen only. It could see it being a "launch period" game, perhaps Feb/Mar 2021.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
"Revealed! The surprising Horizon Zero Dawn sequel." on the bottom right of that first cover.

If it's a legit cover I don't expect OPM to be unveiling it, so I expect something beforehand..

HZD came out in Feb 2017 and give the nature of the IP, it needs to be next-gen only. It could see it being a "launch period" game, perhaps Feb/Mar 2021.

LMAO

It's not Horizon sequel.

I don't think the sequel is ready to be shown since they are still recruting for the game. I don't think the game is in full development to start with and we may get another game from Guerilla first.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
LMAO

It's not Horizon sequel.

I don't think the sequel is ready to be shown since they are still recruting for the game. I don't think the game is in full development to start with and we may get another game from Guerilla first.

Still recruiting doesn't mean the game isn't ready to be shown. And there is no way that game is not in full development by now. That game released 3 years and two months ago!!! And it's not like they are building an entire game from scratch again.

I will be shocked if the game doesn't launch with the PS5 or at last releases within 6 months of the PS5s launch. I am also looking at you GT7.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
LMAO

It's not Horizon sequel.

The fact that Guerrilla is still hiring doesn't mean a thing, devs hire all the time.
And at least to me it would be beyond mindblowing if Guerrilla's next game isn't Horizon 2. They've worked on Killzone for a decade, then made a new IP and that new IP immediately became more successful than Killzone ever was. When that happens you don't jump back to your old IP or create another new IP, you capitalize on your recent success and immediately make a sequel.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Still recruiting doesn't mean the game isn't ready to be shown. And there is no way that game is not in full development by now. That game released 3 years and two months ago!!! And it's not like they are building an entire game from scratch again.

I will be shocked if the game doesn't launch with the PS5 or at last releases within 6 months of the PS5s launch. I am also looking at you GT7.

The fact that Guerrilla is still hiring doesn't mean a thing, devs hire all the time.
And at least to me it would be beyond mindblowing if Guerrilla's next game isn't Horizon 2. They've worked on Killzone for a decade, then made a new IP and that new IP immediately became more successful than Killzone ever was. When that happens you don't jump back to your old IP or create another new IP, you capitalize on your recent success and immediately make a sequel.

What about a new IP and leave Horizon sequel for later? Anyway this is what the leaks suggest. We won't see Horizon 2 during reveal or this year. I am half certain about it.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
What about a new IP and leave Horizon sequel for later? Anyway this is what the leaks suggest. We won't see Horizon 2 during reveal or this year. I am half certain about it.
Aren't they working on a HZ trilogy? They'd be mainly working on that rather than putting it off.
Are you talking about the older rumors about those FPS/shooter devs coming to GG?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't they working on a HZ trilogy? They'd be mainly working on that rather than putting it off.
Are you talking about the older rumors about those FPS/shooter devs coming to GG?

No. About the game which starts with a girl driving a car and has special art style. Forgot the source. That is what Guerilla was rumored to work on right now.

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
We will see soon. I mean I didn't say Horizon 2 isn't happening. I meant that it won't be the next thing Guerilla will reveal or release.
Few days are left and we will know.
Ok, you just mean they might/will release something before HZ2.
All I'm getting at is that GG has more than 1 team. The way you wrote a previous post, made it sound like they'd be shelving HZ for a bit while they put those resources towards something else. There's no reason to do that when you have 3 teams like they do.

What about a new IP and leave Horizon sequel for later?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, you just mean they might/will release something before HZ2.
All I'm getting at is that GG has more than 1 team. The way you wrote a previous post, made it sound like they'd be shelving HZ for a bit while they put those resources towards something else. There's no reason to do that when you have 3 teams like they do.

Yes. I mean Horizon 2 is happening but I think the other game is far more advanced right now. Who knows maybe its a launch game and Horizon 2 is for 2021 or 2022.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
We will see soon. I mean I didn't say Horizon 2 isn't happening. I meant that it won't be the next thing Guerilla will reveal or release.
Few days are left and we will know.
New IPs take time, and it just simply makes more sense for GG to be working on the sequel to their 10M plus selling game. Sony also needs a good number of games available for its platform in its first year on the market. HZ2, Spiderman 2, GT7... all look like great first year titles to me. I can bet there will be some sort of Ratchet game released in the console and then spiderman 2 following that next year. Insomniac are crazy like that.

HZ2 will be the PS5s killer app. Between it and GT7, there simply is noting else that fits the bill in the launch window.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
New IPs take time, and it just simply makes more sense for GG to be working on the sequel to their 10M plus selling game. Sony also needs a good number of games available for its platform in its first year on the market. HZ2, Spiderman 2, GT7... all look like great first year titles to me. I can bet there will be some sort of Ratchet game released in the console and then spiderman 2 following that next year. Insomniac are crazy like that.

HZ2 will be the PS5s killer app. Between it and GT7, there simply is noting else that fits the bill in the launch window.

Tbh, don't count on any, lietarlly any of the big IPs or sequels releasing this year during launch. That would be not feasible at all. Also launch games normally don't take advantage of the next-gen console hardware that much (they are mostly made with hardwares even below the retail one) so risking shipping any big sequel during launch and not living up to the expectations would be so risky.

AudiophileRS

Apr 14, 2018
Damn, I got hyped there for a sec. I guess if it was HZD2 it'd probably be the cover image.

Saying that, if there's a comic coming now after nearly 4yrs, it might be tying in and partly promotional for a new game.

HZD was one of my fave games and I can't wait for a sequel but I also think KZ:SF was criminally underrated even if it lacked the magic of KZ2; so I wouldn't mind a Killzone launch title or even another new IP beforehand.

Regarding Killzone, I think a sequel might well be served by a dynamic Ratchet & Clank style planet hopping approach (+ different cities) so as to expand upon the scope and provide a greater variety while still having channeled, cinematic experiences. It'd be great to experience the drab, miserable, oppressive atmosphere of KZ2 and the bright, clean, futuristic palette of KZ:SF as well as some new stuff, perhaps even something akin to the infamous 2005 trailer which I expect next-gen consoles to trounce in all but the cinematic/organic interaction.

Killzone has its issues but I think Guerrilla have grown a lot as a result of Horizon and I think Killzone has room to grow with them, I hope the series doesn't get neglected.

I understand they have 2-3 teams, but I suspect that while they may be developing multiple ideas and in early development for a few titles, they'll probably throw the bulk of their weight behind 1-2 titles at a time

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I dont know the veracity of this but I hope this is true:

I also hope this the PS5 version that will be shown:

I'm honestly not expecting to see the PS5 versions of The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima for a long time. Can't see Sony bungling those versions in front of our faces while we'll be stuck with the inferior PS4 versions for months. Also makes more sense IMO to showcase the PS5 enhancements with a game which will be getting a PS5 native sequel/next installment such as Horizon Zero Dawn or GT Sport. Get people double hyped for that IP.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
That would be one week from now. I know they normally have just been randomly dropping stuff, but I doubt they would just randomly drop information this big without some hype leading up to it.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. I mean Horizon 2 is happening but I think the other game is far more advanced right now. Who knows maybe its a launch game and Horizon 2 is for 2021 or 2022.

Simon Larouche has openly said that is gonna be a while before we see his game so their next game is certainly Horizon 2 and Larouche only came back at Guerrilla at the end of 2018.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

I know there aren't so many good sources to trust believe these days but saying the most expected thing is not that hard.

Saying that stuff is like saying the sun is hot.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

I know there aren't so many good sources to trust believe these days but saying the most expected thing is not that hard.

Saying that stuff is like saying the sun is hot.

Stuff like this is how these bullshit leakers gain legitimacy in some people's eyes. I guarantee you, in the future when he comes with some bs rumor and you ask someone spreading his shit why they think he's legit this is the type of correct "leak" they'll link you as proof.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Stuff like this is how these bullshit leakers gain legitimacy in some people's eyes. I guarantee you, in the future when he comes with some bs rumor and you ask someone spreading his shit why they think he's legit this is the type of correct "leak" they'll link you as proof.

Well saying an obvious expectation is a good reason to save your credibility.

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO

It's not Horizon sequel.

So what has that team been doing doing the last 2.5 years? Not making a different IP for sure. They have two teams now, but I think Horizon is the first game we see.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I dont know the veracity of this but I hope this is true:

I also hope this the PS5 version that will be shown:

- that's a lot of IP to talk about straight off the bat
- boost mode for BC? Interesting to see how that works given most of what I've seen is the ps5s ability to run in PS4 boost mode is legacy in the hardware rather than software.
- new features? UI and suspend states?
- second party games? Or just third party marketing?
- psNOW will probably allow you to stream games from purchase while it downloads in the background. i hope it comes to Australia soon
- teardown is what I'm really looking forward too. Show me this crazy cooling setup

Status
Not open for further replies.