MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was because of Jamie Dimon's comments?
www.cnbc.com

Jamie Dimon says 'brace yourself' for an economic hurricane caused by the Fed and Ukraine war

"You know, I said there's storm clouds but I'm going to change it … it's a hurricane," Dimon said Wednesday at a financial conference in New York.

Guess his comments last week resulted in a bounce and this week his new comments are causing the down turn in the market?

I could be wrong there was some economic data at 10am as well that didn't seem that positive either.

edit - also the beginning of QT starts today.

Is this some SNAP level revision lower? What a damn clown. He should have said this in the first place, if this is what he actually felt.

Then you have Yellen yesterday talking about how she was wrong about inflation. Yeah, we all know this Janet. Everyone knew this except for you and the Federal Reserve. I don't know why public figures keep fighting the inevitiable here by offering misguided comments at best, and straight out lying to the public at worst. Then having to mea culpa on said comments. In the case of Dimon, in a week. Unbelievable.

Sorry for the rant. This stuff been irritating me for awhile. Between public figures not really telling the truth and high profile public figures selling the top of the market late last year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
In least surprising news of the day, GME lost more money than expected, still has no guidance, still has no plan, and still has no Q&A at their earnings calls. Now six quarters in a row dodging all questions.

Oct 28, 2017
Gamestop could be any company. It just became an object of speculation, the actual value of the company doesn't matter, it's like Bitcoin.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
well it was looking okay today and then
9tXAV4m.png

VFPjW54.png

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Almost bought APPS below $20, I think it bounces back pretty quickly. But I'm still shaky about this market.

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
QQQ stick-saved at the 21ema again. It's encouraging to see the recent responses to earnings news like NVDA, and now today the general market after MSFT, but I'm concerned that oil being around $116 and rising will offset potential gains from the green shoots we are seeing about inflation dropping.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I think the bump is due to OPEC+ agreeing to increase output, which will offset future costs and such, leading to an DCF-algorithm bump for many companies.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
We will see how the day wraps up, but it may end up being the greenest day for me in past few months.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
It's difficult to see where the market will go from here. It isn't the first time we've had a massive green day only for it to be pulled down in the next couple of days.

Deleted member 50498

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Woah, what happened overnight? Why is my entire watch list deeply red in pre-hours?
Because the market is waiting on the May jobs report.

If there is a significant decrease compared from April, it could be an indicator a recession is coming. The opposite would add more pressure on the Fed to curb inflation.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like things are holding up reasonably well. Outside of Tesla of course. I even see some green here and there.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Yesterday's gains are pretty much gone... But we are far from the YTD lows. Market is basically trading side ways, which makes is really boring.

Laughton

Apr 19, 2022
All things considered I think the markets are actually holding pretty well today. Bit of a recovery and this will be a pretty flat week.

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
Which things are those because it's a day bad enough to almost wipe out the gains we saw yesterday for me.
Random stuff from my portfolio. AI, which to be fair is only recovering from being down yesterday, CHPT keeps just going up up up these days <3, , BEAM and CRSP are both up for once. However, most have taken a downturn since i wrote my post, AMD was at around 0% for the day back then, and ICLN was up, but not anymore.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Like slowly cracking an egg, but don't want this one to break. If it does, will likely need gap defense force around 300-302.

Waiting for Elon now to announce he is quitting Tesla and becoming a professional psychic.

Sven can be hit and miss, but I thought this one was pretty good:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017

This interview is really good and echoes a lot of my concerns. Near the end of the interview, he goes over about how households are over-invested in equities and that's leading to a lot of wealth destruction too.