• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
latest

Lets go!

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
The first one looks a lot like a demon's head, so that probably means Ra's al Ghul / League of Assassin's. Not sure how people get Court of Owls out of this. But of course it would be nice if we (also) get the Court in this game. I kind of hope this is a sequel to Arkham Knight. I posted a while ago how this could work:

The poison damaged Batman more than expected, and after defeating Scarecrow, he passes out and begins hallucinating about his fears (one of them the fear of being exposed). On the verge of death, The League of Assassins finds his body, and revives him in a Lazarus Pit on the other side of the planet.

The game starts in Nanda Parbat, where he has to relearn how to fight, regain his abilities and face the negative effects of the Lazarus Pit. After a while he gets a message about chaos in Gotham City, and he leaves abruptly, not finishing his recovery. There is a new powerful enemy in Gotham City: The Court of Owls. Batman must now recuit powerful allies to fight against the new threat, and even think about a strategic alliance with the League of Assassin's to fight against this new enemy.

Batman + allies + League vs Court, this would be epic. But I guess this will probably be a prequel, lol. I'm just glad we will get more Batman.

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that WB has gone almost half a decade without directly announcing or talking about a Batman game is totally insane to me.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't have to contrive Arkham into it somehow—"Batman" in the title is enough brand recognition

wonder if the whole Bat Family will be playable in this

Hopefully—there's a lot of groundwork already put into the other playable characters and the brief DLCs featuring them in Knight were enjoyable, but not enough for fans of them.

The character switching fights/predator rooms in Knight felt like teases for potential co-op, but who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
wonder if the whole Bat Family will be playable in this
Honestly that was the logical step from Knight.
-remove the tank element of the Batmobile
+add motorcycles for other characters
+add full co-op or selectable characters for the entire story from Bruce, Dick, Jason, Barbara, Selina.
+DLC characters Huntress, Canary for a BoP DLC story.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That would be an awfully demonic looking owl. I'm with the Ra's team on this one.

Oct 25, 2017
People acting like this would have to be a major announcement at the TGAs or something,
Arkham City and Arkham Origins were revealed by Game Informer

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People acting like this would have to be a major announcement at the TGAs or something,
Arkham City and Arkham Origins were revealed by Game Informer

City was technically revealed at the Game Awards in 2009 so :P Back then it was known as Arkham Asylum 2 lol. And to be fair, we did have a full game informer blowout in 2010.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Court of Owls and the League of shadows fighting over Gotham, because that's the only way to really escalate from Knight and I doubt they want to scale back any. If it's intended to be a sequel to Knight hopefully Tim gets more of a spotlight.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Finally playing Arkham Knight thanks to the freebies from EGC and while the overall looks and feel of the games universe is kinda trashy to me I say : BRING IT ON. Game is pretty fun on a gameplay level, enough to make me overlook stuff I don't like. Court of howls would be cool for a fourth Arkham game tbh.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Can't believe I might be more curious about a WB Montreal game than a Rocksteady one, especially since the latter is rumored to be working on a MP game, right?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
+add full co-op or selectable characters for the entire story from Bruce, Dick, Jason, Barbara, Selina.
no Damian? he was involved in the story too

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
End of gen Batman game, that's cool. I still really want to know something about the Rocksteady game, are we pretty certain it's now next gen only?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see what the game looks like. Netherrealm Studios were early adopters of a photogrammetry pipeline, so I expect that technology to show up in WB Montreal's game, and the idea of a Batman game following the visual bar set by Arkham Knight and Injustice 2 really captures my imagination.

The potential of stalking enemies from the shadows with the visual fidelity of a game like REmake 2 has me interested before even thinking about how the game design might evolve.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The tank stuff is the main reason why I haven't bothered going back to Arkham Knight. What an absolute drag, so a new game without it would already be 100% better.

All of these ideas are exactly what I want in a new game if possible.

(Besides an actual Batman Beyond game with Terry McGinnis)

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see what the game looks like. Netherrealm Studios were early adopters of a photogrammetry pipeline, so I expect that technology to show up in WB Montreal's game, and the idea of a Batman game following the visual bar set by Arkham Knight and Injustice 2 really captures my imagination.

The potential of stalking enemies from the shadows with the visual fidelity of a game like REmake 2 has me interested before even thinking about how the game design might evolve.
Oh shit I didn't think about that

Origins is still my favorite in the series, so I'm excited to see WB Montreal finally come out with something new.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly cannot believe we only got one Batman game this generation. Arkham Knight feels like a million years ago.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, before the Damian thing ever came up.
a direct Origins sequel seemed like the logical thing with everything that was set up by the original.
Suicide Squad was clearly happening and then potentially an Origins 2.
Damian game was a bad surprise imo.
I mean in the Court of Owls story. having just Bruce, Dick, Jason, and Barbara would be weird. I know Damian hasn't been set up in the Arkham games, but it'd be weird to exclude him now. especially if the League of Shadows will be involved

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A better look at them.
t4nmQ16.jpg

Different factions apart from the Owls maybe? Maybe the nemesis system is back from the cancelled Damian Wayne game.

Last edited: