Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
WB Montreal doesn't deserve the Batman license after the crap that was Arkham Origins. A badly broken game they couldn't be bothered to patch but had no reservation to release DLC. These people aren't Coalition.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
WB Montreal doesn't deserve the Batman license after the crap that was Arkham Origins. A badly broken game they couldn't be bothered to patch but had no reservation to release DLC. These people aren't Coalition.

Game had technucal issues but it is still best Batman game narrative wise, had best character design of all Batman games and it had best boss battles of all Batman games.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Arkham Origins is my favorite Batman game so I can't wait to see what gets announced!

Oct 26, 2017

Origins had performance problems but it's still the Batman game with the best plot and storytelling and the only one with actual and fun boss fights.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Yup. Snyder takes great enjoyment from spoiling things. He can't help it. 😁

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
They should have taken out the multiplayer trophies upon closing the servers. Pisses me off I can never platinum it. Very sloppy behaviour regardless of the virtues of the SP game.

Um, I'm looking this up and people still seem to be able to get them using private lobbies? Pulled up true achievements and there are posts from this year. What exactly got taken down?

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Um, I'm looking this up and people still seem to be able to get them using private lobbies? Pulled up true achievements and there are posts from this year. What exactly got taken down?
They shut the official servers down years ago and there were no bots so you can't complete achievements which are still listed on steam. There might be private servers but I can't ever get a game going.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
The Court of Owls as villains is going to be great. They're my favourite new Bat-villain in the last 20 years or so. Snyder's run was awesome!

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was the studio that made Origins? I thought that game was bland and lacked a lot of character in comparison to Asylum and City. I'll check it out though.

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Anyone have an idea of how long this would have been in development?

Very excited for more Arkham but hopefully it's not a multiplayer/GaaS game, hopefully not EGS exclusive (although not a deal breaker) and hopefully actually good, at least a few key people left WB Montreal since Origins came out (including the game's director). If it's at least as good as Origins though, that'd be nice.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
They shut the official servers down years ago and there were no bots so you can't complete achievements which are still listed on steam. There might be private servers but I can't ever get a game going.

I haven't ever tried the game yet so I wasn't sure. Everything I'm seeing online looks like people do it in private lobbies. Need 7 or 8 people for some of them. Hmm. Maybe I'd pick it up on PS3. Can't really right now.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
What with all this positive praise for Origins, I just grabbed it for £3.74 on Steam. You'd better not be lying to me, Era.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol yes, you're getting a reveal this year.

I'm so ready for it

tumblr_nkhphhJZow1u1kgwco7_r1_250.gif

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
As plenty of people have stated, Origins was the best in the Arkham series of games, minus the technical issues, which I luckily didn't have to face.

The narrative was above every other Arkham game. The boss encounters are still unmatched. And as someone pointed out, the art design was brilliant.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
As plenty of people have stated, Origins was the best in the Arkham series of games, minus the technical issues, which I luckily didn't have to face.

The narrative was above every other Arkham game. The boss encounters are still unmatched. And as someone pointed out, the art design was brilliant.

Real shame that it didn't get remastered for PS4/Xbox One, it came out during cross gen period!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Im so happy people came around on Origins. I get the major issues with bugs but man I've been championing how great it is since it came out. Fantastic character design and the strongest narrative in the series.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are you acting like Arkham Knight had no issue?

Never the glaring technical issues that Origins had, but what's more, Knight's Gotham was more saturated in detail than Origins ever was. It was just bland and ugly, not even counting the technical issues that plagued the game, which for me was the clincher. It was just not fun having to navigate through Origins' gotham when you already had a superior version in Arkham City to play in.

Neudd

Oct 31, 2017
Haven't seen this posted here, from back in January:

https://www.gamesradar.com/wild-rum...ld-be-wb-montreals-open-world-dc-comics-game/

The latest gossip comes (supposedly) via a QA tester for WB Montreal sounding off in a Discord server, as first reported by the Arkham focused YouTube channel The Flix Fix. This playtester claims - among several other things - that WB Montreal's upcoming Batman game is called Batman: Arkham Crisis, centres around the superhero's Court of Owls comic arc, will release in the Fall of this year, features an open world map almost twice the size of GTA 5's Los Santos, and includes co-op multiplayer functionality.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
Origins had performance problems but it's still the Batman game with the best plot and storytelling and the only one with actual and fun boss fights.

This is my thinking with Origins. It wasn't my favorite of the Batman games (that was City) but Origins was ahead of the others in a few key areas you mentioned: Story was superb and the best of the series and far and away had the best boss fights in the series. The only boss Rocksteady made that matched Origins was Freeze in City.