Would you pay 60 bucks for a Metroid 1-4 compilation on Nintendo Switch?

• Yes...if not more!

Votes: 599 48.2%
  • Yes, but it'd have to cost less.

Votes: 262 21.1%
  • Only if it cost less and included more games.

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • No.

Votes: 293 23.6%

• Total voters
Dec 11, 2017
I am full on in Metroid mode! Having always been a fan of the franchise, but always wondering just why it never reach the heights of Mario and Zelda in terms of sales, I now feel is the time for it to shine and do better than ever.

Nintendo is doing a great job with the marketing behind Metroid Dread and I think the game will certainly sell between 3 and 5 million, me personally hoping it gets to 7.

With Metroid Prime 4 probably being a November, 2022 game at the earliest (more likely perhaps, fall of 2023), there's room to strategically place a couple of other Metroid games on Nintendo Switch to keep the hype strong.

My wish is to have a $60 package with the following:

Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid: Samus Returns
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

I'm not asking for remade visuals, but rather the option to have all four games presented in their original format or an upgraded 16 x 9 mode, cleaned up and in 1080p, with Samus Returns given a slight polygon boost to take advantage of the extra hardware power.

Throw in art from each of the four games, music tracks, and maybe something akin to developer interviews…and you have a very solid package in my opinion.

Could you also have the original Metroid, Metroid II: The Return of Samus, and Metroid: Other M? Of course, but asking for seven games is probably unrealistic.

Give Metroid Dread several months to sell, then release Metroid: 2D Collection, several months later, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and a few months after that, Metroid Prime 4!

I'm just so pumped and do own/still have access to all of those games, but really want them on one nice cartridge. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

E8IYrnuVoAIyuHx

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Like, just ports? That would be a tough ask, considering Super Metroid is available, and Fusion and Zero Mission are dirt cheap on the Wii U eShop.

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo, but that seems like a tough value proposition even for them

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I'd rather just have Game Boy Online and GBA Online. Not entirely sure what the point of a $60 compilation would be when half of the games are already in the NSO offerings.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I would. That said, I think Prime Trilogy is more likely to release before 4 comes out.

Jan 11, 2018
No, cause I already own the games and I'm not a double dipper, unless we're talking chips. They should totally do it though for the people who haven't played the games. Whether it's a package or individually matters not.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fusion and Zero Mission should be on Switch already. There's no real reason to not have the GBA NSO app by now.
Also Samus Returns is completely playable with one screen and without touch controls....soooooooo.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
If they include the original versions of 1+2 and have decent visual options for the emulators.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The package you're describing would be well worth it for me. Gimme the original versions and the remakes of 1+2 and we're laughing

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Nice statue! I'd be only open to a Prime remaster trilogy, the others I'd rather them be full on remakes cuz otherwise I'd just emulate them or hope they be part of a retro catalog that comes with my Nintendo online membership (NES & SNES games).

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe...

I'm actually not interested in metroid 1 and the remake of 2 serves me just fine. Don't fucking touch super. I'd like having a medium to play zero mission and fusion on modern consoles though.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
nahhh, i dont want to play a NES & a game boy game.

but if it also included zero mission and the 3DS remake, yes.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I would probably pay 60 dollars for Samus Returns HD alone.

I think having SR + Super, ZM and Fusion in a package would be a very reasonable value, and I hope it comes out at some point. It's the most logic way to bring SR to the Switch.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
I have negative interest in purchasing a shoddy emulation collection of ZM, Fusion and Super when I can already play those on original hardware. I would however totally double dip on a reworked port of Samus Returns since there's an opportunity there for increased resolution and other QoL improvements.
cleaned up and in 1080p
Yeah, no. With GBA and SNES games that's going to entail some disgusting upscaling filter, no thanks.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Probably not. I have Samus Returns and have no issues just playing it on my 3DS, and Super Metroid is on the SNES Nintendo Switch Online service.

Oct 28, 2017
In a heartbeat. Metroid and Zelda are the two Nintendo franchises I actually care about so I really hope we get all past games on the Switch at some point.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I voted yes, but I want to be clear that the question could be "Would you pay ÂŁx for Metroid [blank]?" and the answer would still be yes.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
If it was something like Mario 3D All Stars but linked to Metroid 1-4 (including Zero Mission) then yep.

But not for full retail price.

Unless they were really generous and included Prime Trilogy (not happening lol).

Watch Nintendo separate the main series and Prime subseries in order to take full advantage of the Metroid hype (since Dread does have the potential to be the best selling entry thanks to the Switch).

Metroid Dread > Metroid 1-4 Collection > Metroid Prime Trilogy > Metroid Prime 4.

I'd be onboard for this

Oct 25, 2017
Samus Returns switch port with Zero Mission, Super and Fusion?
Yes
Definitely
No doubt
Right now

Samus Returns port already worth at least 40 and if they throw in three more games and maybe a "Best Of" compilation soundtrack if they're feeling generous, they're definitely in the clear for 60.
Call it the Metroid 2D Collection and include a short demo for Dread.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, I have little to no interest in buying games I've already played so only the two Metroid 2s would be of interest to me, and that's maybe worth $40 for me at best.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes I would, even if I have the GBA cartridges of Zero Mission and Fusion.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
If it had all the versions and ran perfectly, then yes. That would be a nice collection.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
No, only because they have the means to put this on NSO for $20 a month, along with other games.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I have access to two of them already on NSO. Simple ports for a full $60 isn't something I'm interested in.

Especially because I've played 3 of them to hell and back already.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see Nintendo putting Metroid NES and Super Metroid in a compilation considering they're both available on NSO.

Ideally they'd just put Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games on NSO as well so we could also get Metroid 2, Fusion and as well as Zero Mission...but alas.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
They could remake Metroid and uprez Samus Returns and put it in a package along with untouched 9r minimally remastered Super Metroid and Fusion

But considering some of those games are on NSO , I would not pay $60 for rom dumps

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Not the worst idea, though I personally wouldn't bother since SM is on NSO and I own the other three.

Such a collection should probably include the original Metroid (I guess that's in Zero already) as well as the original Metroid II.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Aren't most of these available on the wii u for much less than thatl? Except 2 I guess.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Absolutely not, I want new games. I own Metroid 1 + Remake, 2 + Remake , 3 and 4 on their respective original systems. I'm not a millionaire or something who can afford to buy the same shit over and over again.