Would you pay 60 bucks for a Metroid 1-4 compilation on Nintendo Switch?

• Yes...if not more!

Votes: 599 48.2%
  • Yes, but it'd have to cost less.

Votes: 262 21.1%
  • Only if it cost less and included more games.

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • No.

Votes: 293 23.6%

• Total voters

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
If it was the remakes of 1 and 2 yes. Not if it was the originals though. Also clean up Supers controls a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone complains about Nintendo's pricing but are still willing to pay out the ass for it, it's why they get away with it. GBA games should have already been on NSO by now. An upres port of a 3DS game still wouldn't make this worth $60 to me.

Metroid Prime Trilogy for $60 is what we'll end up getting, but that's at least still more palatable.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone complains about Nintendo's pricing but are still willing to pay out the ass for it, it's why they get away with it. GBA games should have already been on NSO by now. An upres port of a 3DS game still wouldn't make this worth $60 to me.

Metroid Prime Trilogy for $60 is what we'll end up getting, but that's at least still more palatable.
Getting away with imaginary collections that don't exist? OK.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Mario collection, fuck no. That shit was trash and would have costed less than $30 if VC was still around.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It would have a lot more value for me if it had the 3ds remake as that is ~40-50 on its own but otherwise no, have better ways to play those games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it's simple ports with no work done, no; the price would have to be lower. At full price, I expect some work to be done.

OP
OP
PaulGaleNetwork
Dec 11, 2017
I voted yes, but I want to be clear that the question could be "Would you pay £x for Metroid [blank]?" and the answer would still be yes.

Good to have you on board!

Yes, without hesitation. Like right now.

Honestly, where?

We will will it into existence!

If it was something like Mario 3D All Stars but linked to Metroid 1-4 (including Zero Mission) then yep.

But not for full retail price.

Unless they were really generous and included Prime Trilogy (not happening lol).

Watch Nintendo separate the main series and Prime subseries in order to take full advantage of the Metroid hype (since Dread does have the potential to be the best selling entry thanks to the Switch).

Metroid Dread > Metroid 1-4 Collection > Metroid Prime Trilogy > Metroid Prime 4.

I'd be onboard for this

If Dread does well (which I really think will) and some type of collection, similar to the one I'm suggesting comes out and also sells nicely, I don't think we'll go more than 4 years before getting another 2D Metroid. I'm excited that people are

$40 would be a steal, if it included Samus Returns.

No, but I would gladly pay that for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Prime Trology HD with the first entry getting "remake" graphics would be stellar.

Samus Returns switch port with Zero Mission, Super and Fusion?
Yes
Definitely
No doubt
Right now

Samus Returns port already worth at least 40 and if they throw in three more games and maybe a "Best Of" compilation soundtrack if they're feeling generous, they're definitely in the clear for 60.
Call it the Metroid 2D Collection and include a short demo for Dread.

You got it! Too good of a value to pass up on.

No, I have little to no interest in buying games I've already played so only the two Metroid 2s would be of interest to me, and that's maybe worth $40 for me at best.

It'd be hard to argue against $40.

Yes I would, even if I have the GBA cartridges of Zero Mission and Fusion.

Yeah, even with owning them all, I'd love a compilation.

No, but $40 would be appealing.

I hope no one would say no to that price!

If it had all the versions and ran perfectly, then yes. That would be a nice collection.

Heck yeah!

No, only because they have the means to put this on NSO for $20 a month, along with other games.

I don't know if they'd include Samus Returns on NSO, though.

Nah, I have access to two of them already on NSO. Simple ports for a full $60 isn't something I'm interested in.

Especially because I've played 3 of them to hell and back already.

What if these ports had some minor face lifting applied to them?

I don't really see Nintendo putting Metroid NES and Super Metroid in a compilation considering they're both available on NSO.

Ideally they'd just put Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games on NSO as well so we could also get Metroid 2, Fusion and as well as Zero Mission...but alas.

In this scenario, we'd get Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super, and Fusion.

They could remake Metroid and uprez Samus Returns and put it in a package along with untouched 9r minimally remastered Super Metroid and Fusion

But considering some of those games are on NSO , I would not pay $60 for rom dumps

I see that.

Not the worst idea, though I personally wouldn't bother since SM is on NSO and I own the other three.

Such a collection should probably include the original Metroid (I guess that's in Zero already) as well as the original Metroid II.

Yeah, including all 2D entries would be great.

Aren't most of these available on the wii u for much less than thatl? Except 2 I guess.

Yeah, Wii U was great with old console ports.

Good!

Absolutely not, I want new games. I own Metroid 1 + Remake, 2 + Remake , 3 and 4 on their respective original systems. I'm not a millionaire or something who can afford to buy the same shit over and over again.

That's alright! If this hypothetical release did well though, it would help you in the long run, because it would show Nintendo that people by the millions want more, new 2D Metroid!

Even including Samus Returns? That sounds too low for Nintendo to go.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it was any other company sure but this is Nintendo who would make you pay $60 for an upscale Samus Returns alone.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, no, I wouldn't buy it. That is only because I just beat Super, Fusion, and Samus Returns over the last three years. So I'm good on a Switch re-release. But I support the idea, just so more people get access to these games.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
While Zero Mission isn't available on Switch, two of the 4 titles are already playable on Switch, so no.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
A handy venn diagram

B1L5y4p.png

Mar 30, 2019
Do it. Yesterday. Maybe even sooner.

Don't make me manipulate the worldline of this reality to make it so. Weird anomalies will occur once I've set the fabric of reality to spontaneously create Metroid games.

Retro Metroid Redemption, Paper Metroid, Grand Theft Gunship, PilotIngs, Luminoths, Great Ace Pirate, Ridley Heaven, Phazon Impact, Need for Speed Boost, Captain Federation Toad, Kraid and Daxter, Phantoon and Clank, Dark Aethers (the Dark Aether of Metroid games), etc.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is basically paying for Fusion, Zero Mission and Samus Returns, all games I have access to already on other portable devices. Maybe for 30-40 bucks I'd get this. Definitely not 60.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
As long as they give us Samus Returns HD with unlocked from 30 (actually had nice stereoscopic 3d on new3ds) but yes

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Since I already own the physical carts/discs for every Metroid game there'd have to be a little something extra.

Like, a genuinely in depth art book would be amazing, with all official hand drawn art from each of the games.

And as much as I strongly dislike Metroid NES, it should be included as a separate entry from the unlockable in Zero Mission, just for completeness.

If they wanted to go above and beyond (and I mean, this is Nintendo, so of course they wouldn't), they could include Samus Returns. Then you have the originals and remakes of both Metroid 1 and 2.

A package with all that I'd pay $80 CAD for. That'd be ridiculously good value.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Easily. Fusion and Zero Mission on Switch? An improved version of Samus Returns, which I'd currently have to drop $40 to play anyway? I'd definitely get $60 worth of enjoyment out of that.

The big caveat: there is no doubt that NSO should expand to include GB and GBA. I'd take that over a Metroid 1-4 collection in a heartbeat, even if I ended up having to pay extra for the service.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
I highly doubt that will ever happen.. but sure, I'll bite. Thank god own all these games.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
LOLOLOL if we are lucky and knowing Nintendo they would release only Metroid (NES) Metroid II (GB) and Super Metroid (SNES) in one package, no upgrades, no extras, no improvements, slap a $55 price tag and thank us because fuck you fans I'm Nintendo.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
I'd like a collection like that, but I think it's more likely that Samus returns 3ds gets ported and Nintendo eventually gets round to adding GBA games to their online subscription service.

That's mainly because making zero mission and fusion look decent on a TV would take quite a lot of work.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
A physical collection with them all on a single cart? Sure. I probably wouldn't pay 60 bucks tho, I'd wait for a sale.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
I feel like many fans would probably pay 50 for SR alone… I don't think making a collection like that would work because SM is already available. Separate ports of the GBA games, via NSO or not and SR alone would probably work.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say, it would be better if merc st did remake super metroid with their engine with no extra bullshit. I would be ok if there is an extra erea, but dont f*up the music.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
My wish is to have a $60 package with the following:

Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid: Samus Returns
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

I'm not asking for remade visuals, but rather the option to have all four games presented in their original format or an upgraded 16 x 9 mode, cleaned up and in 1080p, with Samus Returns given a slight polygon boost to take advantage of the extra hardware power.
I'd take this. Just make them widescreen and 1080 where possible, please. I'd happily replay Samus Returns with an actual controller, too. My hand hurt quite badly by the time I beat the last boss.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.

I was just thinking about it yesterday, "I wish they'd releases the old games on Switch on cart." I was really hoping for Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion though. I can't care any less about Metroid 2.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
nintendo is such a trash company that i can totally see them doing this and it actually being successful.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how they handle BC and digital games the only place I'd buy that would be Steam.