Would you pay 60 bucks for a Metroid 1-4 compilation on Nintendo Switch?

• Yes...if not more!

Votes: 599 48.2%
  • Yes, but it'd have to cost less.

Votes: 262 21.1%
  • Only if it cost less and included more games.

Votes: 89 7.2%
  • No.

Votes: 293 23.6%

• Total voters

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
if LRG put only metroid 1 on a physical switch card with some extras added like a museum and some trinket it would sell out. so i think people would love the chance to own the legacies physically.

Download obv doesnt make sense if a good chunk of the games is already free on NSO

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Considering Zero Mission alone will run you upwards of $80+ online, $60 is a fucking steal for a 2D collection.

It's a fucking shame that you either have to own a Wii U or a GBA and pay exorbitant secondhand prices to reasonably play the series.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
No way, 60 bucks for a series easily emulated and offered on multiple other nintendo platforms (especially super) is a rip off

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'd pay $60 for Metroid 1-4 plus Zero Mission & Samus Returns. It's Nintendo though, so it'll be an upscaled port of Samus Returns for $60 by itself.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I own all four titles.

Metroid (NES), Metroid II (GB), Samus Returns (3DS) and Super Metroid (SNES) all on the 3DS.
Zero Mission, Metroid (Classic) and Fusion on GBA.

and I have access to the Switch NES and SNES collection for yet more ways to play Metroid 1 and Super Metroid.

And I would buy them all again for $60 on the switch. if for nothing else than having them all on one console makes replaying them easy. I Just completed a replay, in anticipation of DREAD, and it was kind of a pain to swap back and forth, with screen sizes being the main frustration.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't, since I have no interest in replaying/rebuying Super (I already have it on pretty much every conceivable platform it's been released on) or SR. I could see Nintendo releasing Fusion and Zero Mission for like $15 each on the eShop or as a bundle for $25 though.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I guess probably not. It's something I'd say I want and then probably never get around to

Nov 5, 2017
I'd gladly pay $60 for a collection that included ports of the NES and GB original versions of 1 & 2 along with the GBA and 3DS remakes (and SM and MF, of course).

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Most of these games are too widely available for them to be worth this kind of money. Furthermore, there is no room for significant remaster improvements (outside of maybe Samus Returns, which I haven't played but have little interest in since I just beat AM2R for the first time recently).

I'd be a thousand times more interested in Prime 1-3 port with upscaled graphics. I don't own a copy of Prime 3, and I can't emulate GCN as easily unless I want to sit down at my PC.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
$60 is a lot, particularly considering one of those is already available on SNES Online.
Throw in the OG Metroid 2 (and I guess NES Metroid though that's part of Zero Mission right?) and I'd probably pay $40 or maybe $50.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
There were dozens of people in the Dread reveal thread crying about it being $60 because they said it looked like a low budget game and wasn't worth that much. You really thing people would be willing to pay $60 for ports of 2D games?

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I would. Having them all on one cart would not only make for a neat collector's item, but being able to replay them all portably (on one console, officially) would be huge.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I would pay for $60 but if they include EVERY GAME in the series/ A lot of the games are stuck on old systems right now. Playing it all on one system would be ideal.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No, I would pay like 40 dollars tops for that collection. And the 3ds game is boosting that price by like 20 dollars.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I'd love an enhanced collection of Metroid I-IV with the following:

• Metroid: Zero Mission: Graphics reworked to fit Modern HD resolutions, optional borders, fully restored OST.

• Metroid: Samus Returns: Graphics reworked to fit Modern HD resolutions, option to play the GB original if you really want to.

• Super Metroid: HD Resolution ready, optional borders, QOL changes so you don't have to press Select 6 times to cycle through everything, new optional ledge grab feature even if it breaks the game.

• Metroid Fusion: Graphics reworked to fit Modern HD resolutions, optional borders, fully restored OST.

• Optional bonuses: Soundtrack mode, concept art, interview with staff and creatives from each game.

But I'd equally be just as okay paying a smaller amount for each game individually with the bare minimum done to make sure they look good on a modern TV.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
If it also includes Metroid 1 alongside Zero Mission and Metroid II alongside Samus Returns then I think that would be a pretty good set for $60.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
The Pixel Remaster approach where you try to capture the spirit of the originals, but with widescreen and enhancements, is by far my favourite approach. So yea please.

Nintendad

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 27, 2021
I voted no because your question doesn't work with the responses as to select the second and third options would both say, 'Yes I would pay $60 but it would have to be cheaper.'

But I would like a collection in Widescreen for less than $60. Prime Trilogy first though please.

Last edited:

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Odd to make a poll asking if we would be willing to pay $60 and then only have responses that are essentially >$60, <$60, <$60, and no. You're asking if I want to pay $60, not more. Where's that option?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Personally no, my Wii U has the main 2D games except NES Metroid. My 3DS has Samus Returns.

So I'm sorted. Although I think it should exist for everyone else.

Oct 7, 2019
Think you'd have to be a bit of a mug to pay 60 quid for a collection where the best one is already included with NSO

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
not a chance

but then again theres alot of things i wouldn't buy for 60$

OP
OP
PaulGaleNetwork
Dec 11, 2017
if the input lag was low, sure

Yeah, we're talking no lag here!

Like, just ports? That would be a tough ask, considering Super Metroid is available, and Fusion and Zero Mission are dirt cheap on the Wii U eShop.

I wouldn't put it past Nintendo, but that seems like a tough value proposition even for them

For Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion, you get the option of playing them in their original format or crisped up in 1080p x widescreen. Samus Returns would also be boosted up in resolution.

I'd rather just have Game Boy Online and GBA Online. Not entirely sure what the point of a $60 compilation would be when half of the games are already in the NSO offerings.

I too want GBA to go to the NSO service. Hopefully in September.

where do I hand in the money?

When Nintendo likes my proposal enough and makes it happen, I'll let you know! :)

Right on!

Yes I would. That said, I think Prime Trilogy is more likely to release before 4 comes out.

Nice, and yeah, I want Prime Trilogy, too!

Smart choice!

No, cause I already own the games and I'm not a double dipper, unless we're talking chips. They should totally do it though for the people who haven't played the games. Whether it's a package or individually matters not.

What if the game comes with chips and dip!?

Yes. Including Metroid 1 and 2 for NES and GB too.

That'd be a great scenario.

60 fucking dollars for a bunch of straight-up ports?

yes

LOL, great response! I hope the majority are like-minded.

I'd pay $60 for Prime Trilogy , The handheld ones not super interested in so not $60 .

I think Prime Trilogy is gonna happen...maybe 9 months before Prime 4.

Fusion and Zero Mission should be on Switch already. There's no real reason to not have the GBA NSO app by now.
Also Samus Returns is completely playable with one screen and without touch controls....soooooooo.

It'd be great to get those two on Nintendo Switch before too long.

If they include the original versions of 1+2 and have decent visual options for the emulators.

Good, reasonable.

The package you're describing would be well worth it for me. Gimme the original versions and the remakes of 1+2 and we're laughing

I'm with you!

Yes! Same goes for The Legend of Zelda, and classic Super Mario Bros. games.

Yeah, Nintendo could easily sell me on a big 2D Zelda or 2D Mario collection, too.

OP
OP
PaulGaleNetwork
Dec 11, 2017
at BEST you might get the trilogy for full retail price. all 4 games for less than that? You're dreaming.

Two of those four are available on the current NSO service, so Nintendo doesn't hold opinions of them as being worth too much, stand-alone, nowadays. Though with an optional upscaling mode and bundled in with Samus Returns, I think a $59.99 price tag is pretty attractive.

Nice statue! I'd be only open to a Prime remaster trilogy, the others I'd rather them be full on remakes cuz otherwise I'd just emulate them or hope they be part of a retro catalog that comes with my Nintendo online membership (NES & SNES games).

I do agree in wanting to see at least one game, Super Metroid, eventually get the complete remake treatment. Of the same style and art as before...basically super pixeling the game up. Not hand drawn, not polygonal, but an incredible amount of detailed pixel-art approach with animations to follow, in wide screen and 1080p. I could really get behind that.

Maybe...

I'm actually not interested in metroid 1 and the remake of 2 serves me just fine. Don't fucking touch super. I'd like having a medium to play zero mission and fusion on modern consoles though.

Yeah, I have Zero Mission and Fusion, too...but NS has become such a dominant console in my life that I really want them on it.

My thoughts too! Haha.

nahhh, i dont want to play a NES & a game boy game.

but if it also included zero mission and the 3DS remake, yes.

Fair enough!

I would probably pay 60 dollars for Samus Returns HD alone.

I think having SR + Super, ZM and Fusion in a package would be a very reasonable value, and I hope it comes out at some point. It's the most logic way to bring SR to the Switch.

Thank you! Samus Returns really should have come out on Nintendo Switch, alongside the 3DS version. It wasn't in the cards, but it would have been so good. Great game and I hope the next time I play through it, it's on NS.

I'd probably do it because I'm an idiot. $60 is overpriced though.

Well I would get it too! When one of those games is a $40 title though and it's being HD'd up, with the other three also having optional viewing modes, it's worth $60 to me. :)

No, I have already played 3 of the 4.

And two of them are already on NSO.

Which one do you not have?

I have negative interest in purchasing a shoddy emulation collection of ZM, Fusion and Super when I can already play those on original hardware. I would however totally double dip on a reworked port of Samus Returns since there's an opportunity there for increased resolution and other QoL improvements.

Yeah, no. With GBA and SNES games that's going to entail some disgusting upscaling filter, no thanks.

What if the GBA and SNES Metroid had some cleaning like in the SNES Classic Edition and then some, without overdoing it?

Probably not. I have Samus Returns and have no issues just playing it on my 3DS, and Super Metroid is on the SNES Nintendo Switch Online service.

I think Fusion and Zero Mission are great ones that more people definitely need to play.

Insanity, those games are Nintendo online collection tier, not $60

Three out of the four, and without polishing, yes...but add a spruced up Samus Returns and I think it's worth$60.

In a heartbeat. Metroid and Zelda are the two Nintendo franchises I actually care about so I really hope we get all past games on the Switch at some point.

I hope so too!

Good!

$60 CAD, yes. Above that, no.

60 it is!

Oh, heck yeah. Where do I sign the petition. :3

This poll and thread will serve as the official petition to Nintendo! Thank you for participating.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Two of those four are available on the current NSO service, so Nintendo doesn't hold opinions of them as being worth too much, stand-alone, nowadays. Though with an optional upscaling mode and bundled in with Samus Returns, I think a $59.99 price tag is pretty attractive.

I'm sorry, I completely goofed. I thought this was about prime 1 - 4. I'm sorry, I should have read the thread.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'd pay $60.00 for a Metroid dancing game.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I really prefer to play those games via Nintendo Switch Online.

It is a really convenient way to play older games.

The only downside is the very limited library. But everything about the games is great.