Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
It's nothing worth of outrage, but it signals of how Microsoft thinks of their customers. They've been stuffing ads on the Xbox dashboard since the first revision of the X360 interface. Typical channel optimization.

May 29, 2023
Do you believe you have the right to never to be advertised to in your life?
I don't believe that's what I said. Let me answer your question with a question of my own. Do you believe consumers should have the right to limit their exposure to advertisement whenever possible?

I'll further add that consumers should have more control over their entertainment experiences.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
User Banned (3 Days) - Platform Warring & Meta Commentary
Sony increases price of PS Plus and explains poorly why there are no day one games (8 pages)

Nintendo says they don't like unions (4 pages)

And arguably less offensive:

Microsoft has an advertisement (not the only negative MS thread on the front page either (22 pages)

anti MS news hits harder on this site, don't act dumb yall

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Sony increases price of PS Plus and explains poorly why there are no day one games (8 pages)

Microsoft has an advertisement (not the only negative MS thread on the front page either (22 pages)

Been wanting to say this . It's so true

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017

People have no control over what other people feel the need to comment on. It has no effect on the actual issue. Sony increasing the price of PS Plus is far more annoying than this ad. The ad still sucks. Defending either is silly, regardless of any perceived bias or difference in severity.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017

If those threads had the same amount of drive by/dismissing/ bad faith post this thread has, they'd be on the same page

And vice versa, remove all those post from this thread and you'd be looking at a 7-10 page tread at best

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
People have no control over what other people feel the need to comment on. It has no effect on the actual issue. Sony increasing the price of PS Plus is far more annoying than this ad. The ad still sucks. Defending either is silly, regardless of any perceived bias or difference in severity.

I don't disagree. This ad sucks. But this is a 3 pager at best. I ain't gonna post anymore about it and Its clear I'm thread whining, I apologize.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England

completely agree

the post count in this thread in relation to the subject at hand is mind boggling

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Expect this type of heat on anything ABK related going forward.
Poor billion-dollar company 😢

1) This thread's post count is inflated because of so many posts ridiculing the idea of disliking this ad, and how many meta-commentary posts like yours commenting on the thread post count. Everyone agrees PS+'s price hikes suck. And yet....

2) https://www.resetera.com/threads/pl...ces-increasing-to-79-99-134-99-159-99.759151/

29 pages (or half that if 50ppp).

Despite overwhelmingly unanimous criticism and no meta-thread whining, it reached 29 pages. Well would you look at that! A follow-up thread that didn't really add anything new to that story, having fewer posts, seems pretty normal now.

But don't let that get in the way of console warring conspiracy theories.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

Maybe people just really hate ads? 🤷‍♂️

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

The original thread with the announcement of the PS Plus price hike gathered more discussion than this thread so far, so that's not at all accurate. The PS Plus thread you're talking about is like the 4th thread on the matter, so is not going to bring the same energy because I believe that most people have said what they're going to say on the matter. It's possible that by this thread having so many pages that it's a good thing, maybe?

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017

I live in the US, Tom Warren has not any credibility..

This is another FUD attack from the enemies of xbox, same old shit.

Keep Calm guys.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This will be my last post in this thread. You may lead it wherever you like, but I have to share one realisation I just had; this thread has more replies (1071) since Thursday than the stickied thread in the gaming forum created in March 2021 about how our consoles are linked to slave labour. It has 620 replies. Just an observation. Good night ya'll ✌️

Oct 28, 2017
If those threads had the same amount of drive by/dismissing/ bad faith post this thread has, they'd be on the same page

And vice versa, remove all those post from this thread and you'd be looking at a 7-10 page tread at best

How long is this thread if you remove all the people complaining about Microsoft vs Nintendo vs Sony Threads and how much traction each get? I mean, just look at the page you posted this on, that page alone has a bunch of people saying the same stuff as you, and nothing about this issue of a pop up COD ad when you turn on your Xbox.

My point is, many of you are just adding to the posts in this thread by complaining it has so many pages, thus giving it more pages.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This will be my last post in this thread. You may lead it wherever you like, but I have to share one realisation I just had; this thread has more replies (1071) since Thursday than the stickied thread in the gaming forum created in March 2021 about how our consoles are linked to slave labour. It has 620 replies. Just an observation. Good night ya'll ✌️

You have 6 posts in this thread, but...

image.png

Be the change you want to be. Or stay on your high horse. Peace ✌️

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You have 6 posts in this thread, but...

image.png

Be the change you want to be. Or stay on your high horse. Peace ✌️
That's true. I haven't posted there because I'm mostly thinking of myself most of the time; as we humans mostly do as weak minded pack animals. However, I can sometimes take a step back and be objective in my thoughts. The observation still stands, care to comment on it besides my post history now that I've adressed it?

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
How long is this thread if you remove all the people complaining about Microsoft vs Nintendo vs Sony Threads and how much traction each get? I mean, just look at the page you posted this on, that page alone has a bunch of people saying the same stuff as you, and nothing about this issue of a pop up COD ad when you turn on your Xbox.

My point is, many of you are just adding to the posts in this thread by complaining it has so many pages, thus giving it more pages.
I'm not complaining about pages, my last post in this thread was arguing that people are taking post count and thinking all of them are bashing MS and using it to fuel their little argument that resetera just loves to hate on them. Persecution complex.
That's true. I haven't posted there because I'm mostly thinking of myself most of the time, as we humans mostly do as weak minded pack animals. However, I can sometimes take a step back and be objective in my thoughts. The observation still stands, care to comment on it besides my post history?
That's it's a dull observation to consider posts as a metric when most post in this thread (including this one now) are explained by this
This thread's post count is inflated because of so many posts ridiculing the idea of disliking this ad, and how many meta-commentary posts like yours commenting on the thread post count.
Edit: and also considering that thread has x8-x9 times more views

Thread has run its course.

Wrench

Jan 19, 2022
Time to wrap this bad boy up.
Thread has run it's course.
We are now circling the drain of which group has inflated the post count the most.
Have a good night all.
But Call of Duty Modern Warfare III.
Campaign Early Access now available.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh… I mean I get it, but these are for first party games which makes sense and it only happens ONCE. If it was every time, then I would have a problem, but I think we are really pushing on making this some disgusting thing by MS. We can choose from other things that they are pulling.

EDIT.. THIS LMAO.

EvaUnit787

Aug 6, 2023
I haven't seen it, but ads like this are a minor thing. I really don't mind.

What bothers me about it are 2 things:
  1. Phil said they would not talk about or add any ActiBlizz games after the acquisition finalized until 2024. I think that should extend to ads
  2. A game like CoD which is now part of Xbox because of the acquisition will be expected to be free later on Gamepass, so advertising it like this feels weird, but expected.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
As Morrigan pointed out, the initial thread about the PSN price hike is over double the size of this thread (58 pages vs 22 pages so far), so it's funny people bringing up the PSN price hike news as some sort of gotcha console war bs.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That's it's a dull observation to consider posts as a metric when most post in this thread (including this one now) are explained by this
Goddam this iPhone text selection tool is giving my nerves a workout. More than hitting B, that's for sure.

Okay, so.. In what way is my observation dull? Can you answer that yourself? If not, do I need to adress Morrgians post that you quoted instead? It seems you dislike waiting a second and all that.

I'll can wait before my reply.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
Anyone else like to skip everything and jump to the last page of a long ass thread and wonder how things got so heated compared to the first page?

This is why I come to resetera

Angst

Oct 27, 2017

well the PS Plus thread is people largely saying "Yeah this sucks"
The Nintendo page is people saying "yeah this sucks"
This thread is a defense force arguing whether forced ads are actually ok.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

That thread is just window dressing for ERA, just a play-pretend place that no one gives a fuck about just to make ERA looks like we care when in actually we just really don't. it has always been that way and it will continue to be that way.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
User Banned (1 Week) - Trolling across numerous posts, antagonizing another user
Where's dorksage? I'm waiting for some communication.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Goddam this iPhone text selection tool is giving my nerves a workout. More than hitting B, that's for sure.

Okay, so.. In what way is my observation dull? Can you answer that yourself? If not, do I need to adress Morrgians post that you quoted instead? It seems you dislike waiting a second and all that.

I'll can wait before my reply.
You're comparing a thread where most of the replies are serious, nobody there is shitposting/making jokes or console war remarks about slavery, unlike this thread where many post in here are just that, shitpost, not contributing anything to the initial premise of the thread, counting this post of mine now of course.

So now I ask you, what did you try to prove by comparing that thread about slavery labour, to this circlejerk of a thread?

Where's dorksage? I'm waiting for some communication.
Time to Put the phone down

the-office-steve-carell.gif

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You're comparing a thread where most of the replies are serious, nobody there is shitposting/making jokes or console war remarks about slavery, unlike this thread where many post in here are just that, shitpost, not contributing anything to the initial premise of the thread, counting this post of mine now of course.

So now I ask you, what did you try to prove by comparing that thread about slavery labout, to this circlejerk of a thread?
You said nothing just there. I'll be happy to discuss, just make it worth while.

Edit: I have to take things to the extreme, I guess, to bring people back down to the real world. Instead of discussions of just "me upset, ad bad".

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

So now I ask you, what did you try to prove by comparing that thread about slavery labour, to this circlejerk of a thread?
No need for the gif, my friend, it won't aid you.

I find it interesting where peoples attention and eyes land because it shows our true human nature. Our. That includes me, you and everyone here. I wanted to include it because I hoped someone would stop to think how miniscule of an issue the original premie of the thread is in comparison. That's why. Do you disagree?

Edit: And as I said earlier: it seems one needs to take it to the extreme before anyone notices and stops to think about things. That's another reason. Otherwise one won't be heard.

Last edited:

Lizard Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
While we are here talking about large UI design on Xbox, why does it always show the most ridiculous achievements during idle mode.

img_07286yery.jpg

You could be reminding me to get 50 kills with the Plasma Cutter, fully upgrade a weapon...or something other than the last achievement anyone will get in this game lol.