• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you think that about Ketkat? We've already had one countdown disappear that lined up with Ketkat defusing a bomb. We have mod evidence that something stopped the countdown and they're the only one that's claimed.
What room was the first bomb in again?
If that is the case then I am less wary then

But what reassurance do we have of the gamerunner(autocorrect wants to correct it to GameCube lol) not giving that messages has a scum deceptive power? being an anti bomber basically allowes you to camp until endgame if you are scum

Not that its worth discussing rn, but if a bomber body doesn't flip eventually it Will have to be looked on

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Bomb was planted N4. Presumably it wasn't in the quarters, since Ket was forced there last night and we got no fancy message about the spooks being gone. Re-checking suspects...

It is malus and kitchen, isn't it? turmoil was blocked N4. nin was in quarters with Tearable.

MOVE: Library

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, Turmoil was blocked N4 so they couldn't have planted the second one.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
You're all mad! You're all absolutely mad and I'm the only sane one here!

On Sparks: Nin don't insult players while you're gamethrowing, it just makes you look like a jerk. What's the point of having a resident Sparks expert if you don't listen to them? Nin is probably town, especially with claiming vanilla first, but I'm still wary.

On bomber: Why are people doubting Ketkat now of all days when we've been told that for this day specifically we can't all stack in a room, y'know so we can't all be in the room ketkat just checked and survive.

On auction: Any news on that EzekelRAGE ? You might have been the only one in it if it happened in the rec room/kitchen haha. Verelios you still haven't claimed what your item does I believe?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Ketkat was in the quarters last night, so unless she's the bomber then that's the safest room to be in, despite what malus might tell you

Move: Quaters

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
DAY 1

...then why not vote for him if you think he's really part of a cult?
has anyone gotten a good read on Sparks' play? even seeing him as both town and scum i...don't see the difference? i really can't tell what's his normal weird and what isn't.
Terrabyte20xx shitposting aside Sparks has this...chaotic nature to him that never really stops. He'll be doing this same thing on Day 4 so that's why i'm asking if other people have noticed a pattern or anything in regards to his past plays. he's a blindspot for me
Well, I was going to say that this could be a brave bus or an obvious pocket, but I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

I have to agree about faddy, but the fact that he misread something is NAI in my opinion. People misread shit all the time.

Sorian v Faddy is interesting, feels like town v town if I had to go with my gut

Fanto has contributed a whole lot of nothing so far, same as a few others. Wish I could see more of terra tho, the posts he did make were good and I'm
Did some complaining about Fanto, but no pressure or questioning.
It could also be mafia vs town
Or mafia vs mafia

Just fyi
But what does it feel like to you?
But decides to question nin, which makes me think they're not on the same team.

Hot take: Bae actually rolled Town this time.

Unvote
Trying to score townie points with me?

I see you
That's not a hot take.

It's lazy.
You did not even stay with that vote long enough to make it even remotely dangerous.
Nin says it all here. Lazy voting. No pressure = no reason to change your votes. Idky Fanto changed so easily. Nothing was learned.
What about Sawneeks? Anyone have thoughts on her?

I felt like she was one of the first ones to make some of the first "serious" posts during the jokey phase, however, her focusing on Sparks seemed kind of weak because we all know how Sparks is by this point so making reads on him a topic of discussion early just felt a bit easy I guess.
IIRC Sneeks was a Town read for Fanto at this time.
A wee prod.
I don't see how Aeleus post above is townie. Saying how you meta read people is NAI.
I disagree with this meaning a town read on Aeleus but it sounds more like you're getting an anti w/w read for Aeleus and Sparks than an actual town lean for Ael.
Because you're whole town read on Aeleus disproves your initial point and that's even without me saying that giving meta read insight is NAI because it's so easy for scum and town to do. Saying a scum player wouldn't give insight because it helps people read the person in question is silly.
This could be an insane bus or Sneeks really trying to cement an argument against Aeleus.
After reading back, that Aeleus post really sparked a lot of conversation. It seems like a couple confirmed scum responded to it. So far, not convinced Aeleus is scum.
Hot take, Faddy and Maol are teammates. Zeke does the same thing Faddy did but when Faddy did it, not a peep, when Zeke does it, Maol is in all of a sudden.
Cute, Faddy lies and Maol corrects him.

+1 to my hot take.
For some reason this makes me think Maol isn't scum. Especially with the Faddy flip, I can see Sorian trying to get arguments settled in against them early on to prepare for late(r) game.

Pinging me during my workday will give you results. I'll treat you like the micromanagers at work and tell you ALL about my putting myself through self training on Pivot Tables and how I've had to google where MS stuck the VB section so I can get my stuff done.
Or, you could not. I've never needed to be pressured to show up at my convenience.
Wee's response to the ping. Bae never responds to them. Even after mentioning later on that she doesn't like their posts so far, there's still no pressure there. Nor was there a reason why wee was pinged in the first place. Could be nothing, but something I noticed.
I suppose my Would Not Vote Today list is looking like this so far:
Sawneeks
Monkey
Faddy
Chugg

I don't even know who I'd be fine with voting for yet. I don't feel like I have many thoughts on a lot of the players when I stare at the player list here. A majority of the players have 10 or less posts, so I guess it's not too strange for me to have most people in a Null Zone.

So far I guess I want to hear more from Aeleus for sure after they've been a major topic of conversation lately, would like to get their thoughts on these discussions.

I also think I want to talk to Verelios a bit because I feel like we haven't spoken much yet. How's it going, Vere? Do you have your side-eye on anyone yet?

Stuart444 has definitely been too quiet for my tastes and that makes me nervous, but I understand he's out and about right now IRL from what I remember so maybe not as much attention is being given to the game as he would normally give it.

Otherwise yeah, I'd like to get some of the sub-10 post players a chance to chime in some more so I can get a feel for where they're at today.
Oh, there it is. Was there an explanation as to why Sneeks was apart of that list?
I'll drop my hot take before I have to bounce again:

Faddy is town.
Sawneeks is scum.
nin is neutral

vote: Sawneeks
This is a fun take.
I wish to vote out one of the following players:

Monkey
For encouraging this whole dumb back n forth indiscriminately while also distancing herself from having any actual opinion, only denial of opinion.

Theworthyedge
He says I'm right to vote him and I trust him implicitly

Kyanrute
People who love books are very towny but one of them must be scum, i bet it's kyaa.

Pirate Bae
Who are we kidding, she never doesn't roll scum. Why wait around any phases before handling it.
Wee has been going after Bae since the beginning. But the other way around has been a thing, too. Has OMGUS ever been discussed between them? Because if not, this could be a shallow back and forth/bus. I guess I'll learn when I read D2 and D3.
wee's take is so bad I wonder if she's a neutral lyncher. The other three reads aren't reads and the one on me is built from inaccuracies. Seems forced.
I have to agree with Monkey here. It's the reason why I highlighted Monkey above because reading D1 I noticed Monkey was putting in some great work.

Does this nin vote have any actual weight to it?

Also, VOTE: Maolfunction for wagonomics since Faddy is already tied for the lead.

Also, Fanto I see your shit, you are coasting and trying to lead conversation just like you did last time.
Sorian going back and forth between Mao and Faddy. In the meantime, he's making it seem like he doesn't believe nin is scum by questioning the train.
He calls out Fanto.
nevermind then.

you gonna respond to monkey's reply or nah?
Ppl are so mean this game. Waaaah.

I'm literally in bed and gotta get huge calculations done at work tomorrow. I do still hate hecht rhythm due to my work schedule. Some days I'm not much use, what can I say. I only hope like 4 ppl die in N1 to try to control the excess posting as well as the overabundance of players. Etc.
I found this interesting. Why would wee need to respond to that post? There were no questions asked and it's not like wee was being quoted/replied to.
What is this weird nin wagon? These votes are shit.
Questions the nin wagon again.
If you had read the thread (which you clearly haven't), you would know exactly what wagons I prefer. As said above, all you did was go in expecting to read nin badly, looked at maybe half a page of his iso and then came back and pretended like you did some work. Your one reason is that "his posts are filler/fluff" literally enough of a meme line that nin is known for getting mad at people calling his posts fluffy. You pointed to his play style to justify your vote that you aren't even attached to and you didn't use your half baked vote to even pressure someone new or add to the discussion, you just threw it on the vote leader. No one else on that vote is doing much better with reasons.

Shit

Vote
Yep, Sorian was scum. This has his scum playstyle written all over it. lol
Townish Reads:
Chugg
Monkey
Sawneeks
Faddy
Sparks
Bae
Aeleus
Mao
Sneeks still up there.

I don't like wee's posts so far and I agree with whoever said that your posts come across as poking around to see what sticks but never really offering anything yourself.

I think maol is fine, nin is null, still want to see more from terra. Sparks' claim is pretty stupid to pull this early in the game but it got people talking so whatever. I give it a town lean since I doubt scum would bring attention to themselves this early on unless they were fishing for a counterclaim.
There's that post about wee I was referring to earliers. Also, that post about Mao makes still think they are not on the same team together.
what?

Nin I would consider voting for today, I haven't really liked his stuff

that is absolutely not a good reason to vote for Sparks or Sorian. If Sparks' claim is true, that's a huge boon for town and we should absolutely keep him around for as long as possible until it's proven he's scum or someone counterclaims (which I wouldn't expect until later)

Sorian is a high content, quality contributor to town (when town, he's tricky when scum) and should lynch him only if and when he's proven to be scum

I agree with Kalor and TWE though
Hmm. Then why was nin a null read before? Bae went out of her way to say she didn't like wee's posts in the previous post, but never mentioned not liking nin's posts before. Just said he was null…
I need to look into Kalor. Since VA flipped Town, I'm not sure what my initial read is on Kalor.
I know they're not answering questions about it anymore but are we just going to ignore Ael's really sus breadcrumb?
Again scum aiming for an Aeleus argument… Stands out.

i get it's D1 but, really? by this post malus' only ''pressure'' on me was an out-of-nowhere vote that he refused to explain for several hours.
I don't think Malus is scum at this point.
Stole my idea. :x

Let's make it more

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

haven't seen anything from him to suggest he should be kept around.
Given the proximity, something to think about.
Interesting Vere pointed this out. I wish he would have been questioned about it at this time. Not even Sneeks asked him why he said that… Really stuck out to me.
Verelios as well. Time is a funny thing so I'm not going to try and line it all up. Have you (Chuggs) or Vere ever really played with Terra before?
A Chuggs and Vere callout.
Not really a fan of the top 3 votes right now, I could see myself going for Terra but I'd rather see Saw and Ynnek up there or something instead of Faddy and TWE.
The progression of Saw going from WOULD NOT VOTE TODAY to this is amazing.
Woops, was gonna get to Sparks and then completely forgot.

Funky Dude Sparks malus still has a garbage random vote on me that he finally explained hours after the fact. I don't like that monkey praised that as some good push but she's being really pointed in her opinions and that's usually a Town monkey. if malus ends up as scum i'd look at her again though. i think nin is on me too? he said i wasn't 'leading discussion enough' or something and that's a very weak vote as well. Fanto is sheeping monkey I think? Also a meh vote but the outburst earlier of 'let's just kill top posters' didn't feel scummy. Faddy feels like a self preservation vote.
Hot take: Malus isn't scum. Nin isn't scum. Fanto is… Idk.
How did you come to the conclusion that of 25 people who are not you, TWE is the ONE who's not worth keeping? Why him? Why not anyone else? I want some actual reason.

Why not Kalor
Bae
Ynnek
Terra
malus
feps
Mao
nin
wee

literally anyone

I want any sort of a stance or opinion from you. That's all I've been looking for in all these posts. "not worth keeping" is not a stand; it's the literal absence of one and it's something we do in the mafia but it's usually accompanied by the taking of any other positions or forwarding of opinions as well, but there's no sign of you weighing anything all game so far. Just questions, a couple observations, and this.
This is GOOD mafia. Monkey might be my favorite Mafia player now.
i'm more frustrated than anything. i'm catching up and seeing you accuse me of 'being here too much' while nin is saying i'm 'not here enough'. i really thought i was clear with my feelings but i wasnt and now i finally go for something and suddenly that's not ok. i was just super looking forward to jumping back into mafia..
Really throwing nin's name around a lot.
Quick question for anyone who's here. If you were given a gun tonight, who'd you use it on?
Lol
What is the case for Zeke btw? Just that he was being weird or
Hmm… Wanting to know why Zeke was a train. Noted.
if i die look at malus. if malus is scum look at monkey.
Feelin like Malus isn't scum

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You're all mad! You're all absolutely mad and I'm the only sane one here!

On Sparks: Nin don't insult players while you're gamethrowing, it just makes you look like a jerk. What's the point of having a resident Sparks expert if you don't listen to them? Nin is probably town, especially with claiming vanilla first, but I'm still wary.

On bomber: Why are people doubting Ketkat now of all days when we've been told that for this day specifically we can't all stack in a room, y'know so we can't all be in the room ketkat just checked and survive.

On auction: Any news on that EzekelRAGE ? You might have been the only one in it if it happened in the rec room/kitchen haha. Verelios you still haven't claimed what your item does I believe?
My item is a one shot protect and antidote. I don't think there's poison in the game so that's pretty useless.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing about yesterday is that we had enough information to solve the bomber and would have had an extra day, today, if we messed up.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Re: nin. Scum override isn't unheard of and how nin did played that was one way to not get instantly annihilated the next day.

Not the 1st kill on the line though.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We want a malus claim now I think.

I think I agree with this to be honest. Day 4 I was in the Library as the bomb was planted, so by not picking a spot yesterday, I moved to the Quarters and we didn't get a message about the danger passing. Which should leave Malus as the most likely person to have planted stuff, unless Maol's vig shot was an item of some kind

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ok, there is no item thief, I lied. In a convulted way I thought it could make me pull a nk, hitting my bp.

Now that that's out of the way.
I got two items last night....... 😁

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, there is no item thief, I lied. In a convulted way I thought it could make me pull a nk, hitting my bp.

Can you explain this logic a bit more? Why would someone target you for a night kill after thinking that you had an item stolen?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

And so finally Zeke being able to win items from rooms he wasn't in has been verified.

In case it isn't obvious, I was the other person in the auction and won the other item. In case people were wondering how I was able to participate in 3 auctions in a row it's because I looked on the map and realized they were going in a pretty pattern. I don't know how the rest of you didn't see it.

(What did you bid, I went 1 5 4)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1 aspirin is re
Can you explain this logic a bit more? Why would someone target you for a night kill after thinking that you had an item stolen?
i said it was a bp. I think I misplayed in my back and forth with maol on the items saying the items were good.
———
Someone else was in the auction last night, they win handcuffs.

I got a screwdriver which disarms the bomb (hence why I moved into the kitchen after kyan implied bomb was there)

and aspirin that saves a random kill at night.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
And so finally Zeke being able to win items from rooms he wasn't in has been verified.

In case it isn't obvious, I was the other person in the auction and won the other item. In case people were wondering how I was able to participate in 3 auctions in a row it's because I looked on the map and realized they were going in a pretty pattern. I don't know how the rest of you didn't see it.

(What did you bid, I went 1 5 4)
2/7/1

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also turmoils movement during that whole overuse thing.

Reading back on it turmoil didn't vote, but did seem to egg it on.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
So actually playing the game, lets look at votes! (I really need a malus graph right now)

Major problems for me when considering voting are:
A) Who supported the rival trains for Sawneeks D1
B) Who supported voting Terra or Kalor D2
C) Who was absolutely comfertable with Zipped v Blarg

Nin: On Sawneeks early, stayed on Bae during the pull towards kalor and the Sorian check. Turboed Bae D3. Late on Zipped D4, and awfully override Sparks D5.
Hasn't voted town once. Once he made a decision he seems to stick with it. How likely was he to bus his team mates 2 days in a row? That with the claim makes me feel null to town vibes only going on voting record.

Death gives info on those who pushed him
----------------------------

Chuggs: Late game push on Wee D1, switched to Terra. Mid day vote on Kalor then switches back to Terra, goes back to Kalor due to Sorian's push in a vote I remember disliking. Vote on Bae D3 happens after Fanto's claim so no brownie points there. Immediate vote on malus before subbing.

Turmoil7: After subbing in joke votes blarg, follows by pushing for an info lunch on Zipped then goes for a weird thing about finding a second place in feps. D5 pushes to turbo Blarg, after blarg dies has very weak votes on Malus and TP.
Both have sketchy voting records them and Stan being the only alive people I don't townread on the Terra train D1 (Chuggs was the first vote so less likely an attempt to create a rival train, at time of voting Sneeks had 3 votes). 4th vote on kalor and made it within 1 vote of Baes train, changes to Terra as kalor loses steam and Terra gains it bringing it 2 votes higher than bae. Upon switching back to Kalor with the overdramatic 'fuck it' post the votes were Terra 7 and Bae 6 so the vote brought Terra to tie with Bae. Was it too risky to have a scum leave a train which was currently keeping another member alive in order to start a new one with another scum member, making them both look back if they switched back to Bae to save them? When I actually look at the votes by themselves my answer is 'maybe?'. Chuggs votes after that aren't interesting and Turmoil doesn't seem that involved in the game (I think a SK turmoil acted similar?)

Death gives info on feps and malus?

------------------------------
Stu: Voted Nin for fluffy posts, called out by Sorian for being a 'shit vote' (so happy I don't have to put up with stuff like that now that he's dead, always extremely aggrivating), subbed out fairly soon afterwards.

Loki: Ties with Sneeks with a vote on Terra (making them both at 4). Stays on him till EoD after the competing wagons (that's the actual term!) became Sneeks V TWE V Zeke. Votes Terra again D2 competing with Kalor at 4 and Bae at 4. Subs out D3 but she'd have voted Bae anyway so doesn't really matter.

Stan: Late vote on Blarg D4 tightening the race between Blarg and Zipped, stupid hijinks with Sparks D5
Stu and Blarg are pretty fine tbh, Stu is always weak D1 and I kinda like some of the posts Stan had around Blarg and Sparks. Loki is the interesting one, defends Sneeks D1 but ignores the wagon competing against scum D2 instead furthering another town wagon. Overall one of the more suspicious.

Death gives info on Nin and those who push Stan

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Switching back to mechanics before I attempt to make another big post in a google doc, we should split people between the quarters, what room Zeke is in and what room Ketkat is in. If we want to be cruel we can try and force suspicious people into the minefield (the other rooms)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Zekes lie makes sense. At least we have two bomb defusers now so we should be safe.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Switching back to mechanics before I attempt to make another big post in a google doc, we should split people between the quarters, what room Zeke is in and what room Ketkat is in. If we want to be cruel we can try and force suspicious people into the minefield (the other rooms)
If we want to be really cruel, bomber if you only need a certain number of kills to win, reveal yourself and we can pack you and a load of suspects into the dangerous room >:D