• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fanto left a will:

7G1tyOS.gif

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Please don't call him that, it has me looking around for Spider.

Why tearable over turmoil tho?
Chuggs wasn't playing like he was when he was scum the one time. Just don't see enough of a reason to flip turn at this point, but last phase Tearable was picking up steam before nin ruined things. I want to see the results of that wagon. I don't think there's any particular reason that would make turmoil a higher priority today other than the push on nin to end the day.

Which is certainly a sketch move, but I still want town to flip Tearable first just so that isn't forgotten.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Youre right nin, that was funny.

More seriously tho, i went along with the possible Override of Sparks because it was funny hes a questionmark that will need to be lunched eventually, and it just happening now while we are still in a good position seemed preferable to waiting till things get more intense and people get all handwringy about it, not to mention the alternative being a Tearable lunch that everyone seems at best 'okay' with.
Like for real can anyone here say they had a good read on Sparks, or were confident they would ever get one? Aeleus is the only one i can think of that had any methodology for it but it seems even they didnt have much to go on.

I went along with it so early in the day because it was funny.

I seem to feel the same with most about Zeke's reveal, the lie makes sense, i think he overestimated its likely effectiveness but i cant see much in the way of ulterior motives that he could have been going for.

If we want to be really cruel, bomber if you only need a certain number of kills to win, reveal yourself and we can pack you and a load of suspects into the dangerous room >:D
jesus that evil,
i approve.
Hmmm paranoia is getting to me

what if bomber can activate the bomb remotely
They would have to right?
Like if they are in the room they'd either die or be the conspicuous sole survivor.

oh wait your talking about detonating it when they want aint you?

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't had killed sparks, not like I did something to stop it either

Honestly kill TearablePuns if that is what the town wants, why sparks

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't had killed sparks, not like I did something to stop it either

Honestly kill TearablePuns if that is what the town wants, why sparks
because a Tearable lunch was already going to happen, y'know because there actually enough there to argue for it. Sparks has a tendency to make it till endgame with everyone still going "well shit i dunno, lets look somewhere else" and nin offering to maybe get rid of that was appealing.
i also thought he might have an unusual power that would surprise me, which would have also been fun.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
My headcanon is that the bomber needs n people to die via the bomb in order to win and their own death can count for the kill total.

Or the boring alternative - it just is a scum role. Other alternatives exist too but those are superboring.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
oh right, forgot to quote that one, my b.

I honestly dont have much in the way of scum reads, really just the lingering ones of you and Malus, but malus has seemed fine for a while and the arguments against him are half forgotten.
What are some things that Nicole/I did that made you scumread them/me?

turmoil7

Oct 25, 2017

turmoil7

Oct 25, 2017
Throw stan and zeke there too, but it becomes too big of a list

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
What are some things that Nicole/I did that made you scumread them/me?
Oh, that's right. Ynnek is the one that hasn't responded yet.

Why did Fanto scum read me/Nicole?
My own scum read of you came from fantos push, which was that Nicole came across very performative in trying to look towny, "how do you do fellow town" was the phrase used.
Im not entirely sure i buy that, but it coupled with the absence of Nicole doing much to help town, well it was enough to push you on the the absence of stronger reads.

As for Malus i actually cant remember, jesus christ.
I remember it came from an argument Chuggs made round the time i joined in, but several days of looking elsewhere (and just general complacency) has just drifted it off. lemme see if i can find it again and actually evaluate if i still think it hold water.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
malus first because he has been out for me for some time now

second you because fanto thought you were scum

I wonder whats the deal with ket's bomber, if it doesn't happear eventually she will be suspect too
This is not very good scum hunting, but I realize there's a crapton to read, i didn't get all the way through last night either, and i'd seen it before.

But since your slot has been reasonably scummy, why do you scum read malus for saying so? The other bit of sheeping, ok, why not, a sub can sheep.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
My own scum read of you came from fantos push, which was that Nicole came across very performative in trying to look towny, "how do you do fellow town" was the phrase used.
Im not entirely sure i buy that, but it coupled with the absence of Nicole doing much to help town, well it was enough to push you on the the absence of stronger reads.

As for Malus i actually cant remember, jesus christ.
I remember it came from an argument Chuggs made round the time i joined in, but several days of looking elsewhere (and just general complacency) has just drifted it off. lemme see if i can find it again and actually evaluate if i still think it hold water.
I honestly haven't read much of Nicole's posts, so I started skimming them briefly and I can tell you that her day 2 activity spike lines up with this role lol.
I'd like to hear more from Malus, too. Did I not ping him at the beginning? Because he should be on my list.

So, the reason I came out directly questioning about Ynnek is because during my reread I noticed that all of the flipped scum so far didn't really interact or mention Ynnek all that much, if at all. Idk, I don't recall any call outs from Sorian or the other two. And you know Sorian isn't one to shy away from calling out a quiet Towny or at least mentioning them in some way. Everyone else on the roster got decent attention from the flipped scum so far.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
VOTE: turmoil7

I'm not liking that he's not willing to cooperate or put in some work atm. I can sorta understand the unwillingness to claim (i'm the same way most of the time) but you have to compensate the contribution elsewhere then.

I'm eager to read the others tomorrow

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot about Ynnk7

He can be the bomber too, right?

Ynnek was not one of the people that I listed and claimed as someone who can count the number of actions that happen in their room at night.

because a Tearable lunch was already going to happen, y'know because there actually enough there to argue for it. Sparks has a tendency to make it till endgame with everyone still going "well shit i dunno, lets look somewhere else" and nin offering to maybe get rid of that was appealing.
i also thought he might have an unusual power that would surprise me, which would have also been fun.

I don't think people were scumreading Sparks because we believed his roleclaim and didn't see it as scum. He may not have been the most 'helpful' town, but that could be said of a lot of people in this game. I think it was bizarre to take away an entire day to get him out of the game on essentially a whim

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
This is where I'm at currently.

Town
Aeleus
Maol
Wee(!)
Kalor

Lean Town
Zeke
Ket
Nin

Null
Ynnek

Lean Scum
Kyan
Stan
Turmoil
Tearable
Feps

Scum
Malus

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Ynnek7, what is your claim and who do you think is scum?

Checking in for the day. I have to say, after missing Day End the day before, then barely getting to do anything the next day, I'm kind of at a loss in regards to a scum list right now. Add in all the replacements, I'm not even sure my reads are on the right people, lol.

I'll try and reread things, but taking a look at the player list I'd say.....

nin - Anti-Town if not outright scum. There was talk that he was the bomber, but I think that got cleared up by him being in the bathroom?
Maolfunction|Mao - Town, and apparently can prove it somehow.
Aeleus|A - Town
Ynnek7|Ynnek - Town
Verelios - Town
weemadarthur|wee - Town
EzekelRAGE - Not sure yet.
malus - I remember thinking they were scum, but I can't quite remember why.
flatearthpandas|fep - Town
Ketkat - Town
Turmoil7 - Leaning scum. Again, I know this was a common thought, but can't recall the specifics
Kalor - Town
Stantastic|Stan - I bounced back and forth between reading Stu as scum and then Loki as town. Right now I'm leaning scum.
Kyanrute - Leaning scum.
TerablePuns - Leaning scum. There were a few things that felt off with Nicole's postings, but I have to see if that changes now.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
As for my claim, I'm an X-Shot Light Sleeper. I can tell the number of night actions that take place in my room when I use a shot.

N1- Dining Room - Saw no actions take place. This was later used to help confirm Pirate Bae was lying.
N2 - Library - Not giving a full claim of what I saw yet, but I believe I can confirm that FEP used their Motion Detector that they won.
N3 - Library - There were five other people in the room, so I decided not to use a shot. Even if I saw actions, there'd be no way to really know who was doing what.
N4 - Library - I was planning on jumping into one of the less crowded rooms right before Day End, but the Day ended early and I wasn't around.
N5 - Quarters - I was stuck in the Quarters because of the Auction Item that I won, and again decided not to use my power.

Tonight I will hopefully be moving into a less crowded room.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, I expected today to be a blood bath after seeing Nin end the day so early before a lot of people were able to enter a move command.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
N1- Dining Room - Saw no actions take place. This was later used to help confirm Pirate Bae was lying.
Wait....
Wait.
You're going to have to help me understand why you didn't vote for Pirate Bae after her claim then. You were around. You didnt even mention it or pay any attention to it.
If you explained this already, please direct me to the post where you did.

if not... what happened

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Wait....
Wait.
You're going to have to help me understand why you didn't vote for Pirate Bae after her claim then. You were around. You didnt even mention it or pay any attention to it.
If you explained this already, please direct me to the post where you did.

if not... what happened

I can't remember the timeframe exactly, but I was at work when the claim happened and didn't want to deal with the highlight tag while on mobile. People were pretty deadset on voting for her, so I don't really see why my lack of a vote mattered?

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
There was worry about Sorian having a revenge kill, but I haven't really seen that brought up with Pirate. Should we be considering that?

Just remembered this, as well. There was a little talk right before Nin put down the last vote where we were talking about whether we should decide on who should have the final vote in place.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
bomb suspects: nin, malus, Mao, Chuggs (turmoil), SweetNicole (TearablePuns) and Monkey

nin was in the quarters on D4. Is overrider your actual role or is it an auction item?
I was in the kitchen D4.
Mao was in the library.
turmoil was in the bathroom, so he probably didn't set the bomb or it will blow up an already destroyed room.
TearablePuns was in the quarters.
Monkey is dead (rip)

Can't we just put the suspects into the room they were in on D4? Everybody else distributes among rec room and dining room which seem to be save. The bomb defusers can choose two of the three danger rooms.
So room distribution:
quarters: nin, TP + zeke or ket
library: Mao + zeke or ket
kitchen: malus + zeke or ket
dining room: feps, stan, aeleus, ynnek, vere
rec room: kalor, wee, turmoil, kya

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
bomb suspects: nin, malus, Mao, Chuggs (turmoil), SweetNicole (TearablePuns) and Monkey

nin was in the quarters on D4. Is overrider your actual role or is it an auction item?
I was in the kitchen D4.
Mao was in the library.
turmoil was in the bathroom, so he probably didn't set the bomb or it will blow up an already destroyed room.
TearablePuns was in the quarters.
Monkey is dead (rip)

Can't we just put the suspects into the room they were in on D4? Everybody else distributes among rec room and dining room which seem to be save. The bomb defusers can choose two of the three danger rooms.
So room distribution:
quarters: nin, TP + zeke or ket
library: Mao + zeke or ket
kitchen: malus + zeke or ket
dining room: feps, stan, aeleus, ynnek, vere
rec room: kalor, wee, turmoil, kya

What the hell is this post? Day 4 doesn't matter in terms of suspects. We know where the bomb from the start of day 2 was and only Maol and you are the suspects, no-one else.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That just reads like deliberate ignorance to me at this point and hoping that it works.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell is this post? Day 4 doesn't matter in terms of suspects. We know where the bomb from the start of day 2 was and only Maol and you are the suspects, no-one else.
I assume the bomb was planted N1, then defused N2 and then planted again N4, which is when the timer started again. Do you think the bomb stayed there the whole time and was just rearmed?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Also we didn't know where the bomb was D2. We only knew something terrible would happen in 2 nights.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Anyway, even if it were only me and Mao the plan would still work. Put me in the kitchen and Mao in the library. Rest distributes among remaining rooms.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right. I blame the vote tool/threadmarks for that one since they don't get updated with the final player movements.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
unvote

I think I've cooled down on that. Nin can't have won an override in an auction, since he never was in the right room so he's probably a real overrider.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Maolfunction, did you kill Blarg with the pen?
Also we still don't know who did the second kill N4.

I'm starting to get suspicious of Mao. He seems way too coasty for town!Mao and has pretty much flown under the radar the last few days. He was also vehemently against organizing room movements to find the bomber.