• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

to the trashbin with the prospect of this

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I swear I've heard this rumor 20 times this year already. I wish Sony would just announce what they're doing so we can stop going in circles.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be very impressed if Kadokawa just sells 'em like that

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Would be an absolutely insane thread if it happened, but this sounds like a nightmare scenario for the PC crowd.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not down for this unless they can still make multiplat. I imagine FROM isn't hurting for money, especially after Elden Ring.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hell no. No. Please no. Please for the love of fuck, no

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
...so is everyone? this language could apply to basically any company. They just made the hottest game on the market who wouldn't be thinking of buying them.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I can see this happening. Sony didn't have Demon's Souls ready for PS5 launch for no reason. The same crowd that loves the Souls games are also early adopters in positions to influence the market as a whole and Sony wants to make sure they keep buying PlayStations.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I don't read this as them acquiring them? I read this as him giving extra details because there are rumors around them acquiring them. Literally any internet rumor. I have no doubt Sony could possibly acquire Kadokawa but what what Toto is saying doesn't sound like he's giving any extra info that we don't already have.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Checks the "bigger than KojiPro" and "Japanese developer" boxes we've heard about.

Honestly, if they manage to make a deal with Kadokawa (which doesn't seem feasible unless they've paying way over the odds), I can see them doing PS5/PC with their releases, so I doubt there's much to worry about there. Their next game may be a SIE one anyway and after that it could be 4-5 years until their next big game, by which point who knows where Sony will stand on PC releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.