Status
Not open for further replies.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Makes sense due to the relationship behind the scenes, the synergy of the brands since Sony technically owns two of their IP's.

That said, consolidation in gaming ain't good for us as consumers or fans. And you figure as lean as Fromsoft is, goddamn those Elden Ring sales must make them more than comfortable not tying themselves to a major platform or first party publisher.

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
This would be horrible, unless it's like bungie and they're allowed to release on PC and Xbox too.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As somebody who activelly dislikes most of their games, this wouldn't affect me at all. The reactions would be wild though.

All of that said, not a fan of more acquisitions like this.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pass. FS deserves recognition as the best 3rd party studio out there and their games should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't shock me..Im guessing all their new stuff would be instantly yanked from Xbox/PC. :/

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
You know what I mean. Nobody wants to see From absorbed by a first party publisher, chill with the actuallys.

It'd be really good for From Software if they were to be absorbed by a first party publisher. Their salaries would actually go up, and overall resources would go up too. Can't see how this would be bad for anyone, assuming it'd be like the Bungie deal.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
To be fair, March 2020 was an eternity ago in many ways.
mynintendonews.com

Analyst says Mario Kart 9 “in active development” features”new twist”

Video gaming analyst Dr. Serkan Toto of Kantan Games has mentioned in a recent article that the next instalment in the immensely popular Mario Kart franchise is progressing in development and that he…

he also says pretty obvious stuff like this. He's just an analyst reporting on Twitter noise.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
After the success of Elden Ring, they could cost a fortune. If anyone's buying them, it'd be Microsoft I reckon

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Fairly sure the souls player base is bigger on PC

I'm talking consoles. If Sony acquires FROM it will be for console competition reasons. As others have said I expect most games to hit PC regardless of the outcome. Most console-playing Souls fans wanted to play Demon's Souls remake. The only problem was finding a PS5 to buy. I think there is a heavy confluence of Souls-fan and PlayStation owner among console players, and Sony wants to keep it that way.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. What a turn of events.

This is some Mike Jones energy right here:

"Back then , they didn't want me
Now I'm hot, they all on me!"

No, Sony. You fucked up. You shouldn't have passed on demons souls. FromSoft remembers this. And in Japan, they take such transgressions seriously. I hope Miyazaki laughs in sony's face. And I hope Sony cries and apologizes — in JAPANESE — to FromSoft.

-A true FromSoft fan.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I mean all this is pending if Kadokawa is willing to sell it in the first place which would mean they don't want to be in games in general so what's next? would they sell Spike Chunsoft too?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Why do some of you fear they won't release the games on PC? They are huge million sellers in the PC market and probably exactly what Sony wants.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
From is owned by Kadokawa, though, no? Unless they're interested in selling From, you'd have to buy the whole company.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
We're in a content arms race. Elden Ring is one of, if not the hottest thing of the year so far, I imagine every big publisher is taking meetings and fielding offers with From.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
If Sony don't buy them, somebody else will.
Yep, they were always an acquisition target. Elden Ring was too successful for them to be independent.

It would suck to see their games off Xbox but at the same time, From has had incredible output under Sony before (Bloodborne) at least.

My biggest fear is a corporation like Amazon or even Meta buying them as their foray into AAA games. I want to ensure the From creative process isn't interfered with by a publisher.

Activision did well with Sekiro but the situation might change with actual ownership. I'm at least confident that Sony would let them perform under business as usual.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
mynintendonews.com

Analyst says Mario Kart 9 “in active development” features”new twist”

Video gaming analyst Dr. Serkan Toto of Kantan Games has mentioned in a recent article that the next instalment in the immensely popular Mario Kart franchise is progressing in development and that he…

he also says pretty obvious stuff like this. He's just an analyst reporting on Twitter noise.

Totally fair, I'm not sure about the guy's track record and any of these sorts of rumours I automatically take with a big grain of salt anyways. I just meant to say that a Switch Pro may very well have been in the cards as of early March 2020 only to be derailed by COVID and supply chain issues. He could also have been talking out of his ass, though.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Sony owns the best two From IPs so that makes sense to me. Wouldn't be surprised. Sony is going to make a big move soon, and something like From or Capcom is on the table.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
From software would suit being exclusive to Sony more than Microsoft.

I don't know why but there are some franchises/game studios that seem to suit certain companies better than others....

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
All I know is I would have to literally take a break from the internet for a few days, weeks if it happened.

This reactions either way.....whew.....

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Sony would be smart to do this, as would Microsoft. I hope it doesn't happen though so their games can stay multiplatform.

Status
Not open for further replies.