May 26, 2018
We need documented proof of the conductor's membership in white nationalist groups, at least one photo of them next to a swastika and/or in a KKK robe, and a brain scan with the "racism" sector lit up.

Also one recorded instance of a hard-R n-word that isn't a heated gamer moment. Preferably followed up immediately by "and yes, this is what I actually believe!"

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
We need documented proof of the conductor's membership in white nationalist groups, at least one photo of them next to a swastika and/or in a KKK robe, and a brain scan with the "racism" sector lit up.
No, only if the conductor led her into another carriage and there was a burning cross set up, only then could we prove this was a race thing...everything else is no big deal and she should just let it go and get on with her life so that we don't feel uncomfortable. In fact, I think she owes the conductor an apology for even daring to imply wrongdoing.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Damn crazy story. Of course I'll prob wait until all information is out before forming an opinion. Laughing at the lady who expects PR response from all companies within minutes. That's like legal worst nightmare. I love saying hmmm prob shouldn't have said that.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything that shows this was racially motivated. Otherwise comparison to Rosa Parks is not accurate, and it was simply a minor inconvenience. Most people would have just moved on with their lives, but maybe she saw an opportunity to get people riled up.

Wlc86XN.gif

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything that shows this was racially motivated. Otherwise comparison to Rosa Parks is not accurate, and it was simply a minor inconvenience. Most people would have just moved on with their lives, but maybe she saw an opportunity to get people riled up.
Aren't you the guy who defended the racist Covington kid in thethread sbout him getting money from CNN... 🤨

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Let me tell you something, as a Black man, how fucking dare you? How many times must I ignore obvious attacks against my rights so as to not "rile up" fragile fuckers like you? Do you know how exhausting and demeaning that existence can be?

*insert that one racism graphic.gif*

I hope everyone who is responsible for this fuckery gets what they deserve.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
you don't know anything about Rosa Parks or civil rights history or the way rules are different for black people if you think the comparisons are invalid.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
She could have quietly moved to the other seat and dealt with the issue later through proper channels!

Fuck off with that absolute bullshit.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Being black while taking a train.

You've defended the MAGA kid, caped for police violence against Chilean protesters until you were called out and then switched to saying that you were only talking about people who were "vandalizing", you've openly admitted that you think Reagan was the last good US President despite the mountains of evidence about his racism and bigotry, admitted to voting for Romney despite his incredibly shitty and problematic past, further caped for Romney in another thread and stated that you'd be willing to vote Republican in the future despite the repeated racism and bigotry that the party as a whole is espousing and spreading while in power now all while saying that the existence of non-binary people somehow confuses you.

Now, you also said that you don't agree with call-out culture but I do want to call out your incredibly shitty views and say that your viewpoint is incredibly privileged and makes your opinion on racism utterly fucking useless. I'm going to guess that you don't acknowledge racism or bigotry until it would affect someone you know personally like your Chilean wife. I don't know though. Given your shitty ass takes so far, even if Republicans started targeting people like her, I'm sure you'd find some way to cape for them.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those "I can't see any actual reason why this would happen, so it MUST be racist" moments.

edited to fix mistake

Last edited:

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You've defended the MAGA kid, caped for police violence against Chilean protesters until you were called out and then switched to saying that you were only talking about people who were "vandalizing", you've openly admitted that you think Reagan was the last good US President despite the mountains of evidence about his racism and bigotry, admitted to voting for Romney despite his incredibly shitty and problematic past, further caped for Romney in another thread and stated that you'd be willing to vote Republican in the future despite the repeated racism and bigotry that the party as a whole is espousing and spreading while in power now all while saying that the existence of non-binary people somehow confuses you.

Now, you also said that you don't agree with call-out culture but I do want to call out your incredibly shitty views and say that your viewpoint is incredibly privileged and makes your opinion on racism utterly fucking useless. I'm going to guess that you don't acknowledge racism or bigotry until it would affect someone you know personally like your Chilean wife. I don't know though. Given your shitty ass takes so far, even if Republicans started targeting people like her, I'm sure you'd find some way to cape for them.
The amount of free passes obvious ass racists get on this forum blows me

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
I can't wait for the absolute piss poor excuse Amtrak are gonna give for this.

The only semi plausible explanation would be something along the lines of this woman being the only single rider in the first x-number of rows, with surveillance receipts and training/policy guidelines to back it up. I'm assuming the faster they get people in seats (i.e. the front) the faster they leave the station. It's conceivable she saw double or triple rider rows being skipped over and felt she was being singled out. Excepting that, they're going to have to spin quite the yarn.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of free passes obvious ass racists get on this forum blows me
When I have the energy, I try to call them out but I often just fucking can't muster up the time to do it unless it's super clear to mods. I will say that the moderation here is far, far better and generally more transparent than it was at the old place.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018

mods should open up that "should we ban conservatives" thread they locked the other day

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It seems like you have a little too much time on your hands.

Objectively, just because someone is an asshole doesn't mean they are racist. Just because someone of a different race is an asshole to you doesn't mean they are racist. They very well may be, and I agree it would be despicable and unacceptable.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Objectively, just because someone is an asshole doesn't mean they are racist. Just because someone of a different race is an asshole to you doesn't mean they are racist. They very well may be, and I agree it would be despicable and unacceptable.

Bruh, you're not fooling anyone.

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lol.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

That's a nice sidestep you got there

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017

I don't need much time when you freely spend most of your time espousing your disgusting viewpoints.

You also definitely do not find racism despicable and unacceptable because your candidate for greatest US President was racist and you still support him. I stand by my assertion that unless and until you're slapped in the face with bigotry towards someone you personally care about, you likely will continue to cape for bigots.

It's also pretty clear that the only thing that you find unacceptable about racism is having it be brought to light in a way that doesn't align with your incredibly narrow and useless viewpoints. You have nothing to contribute to discussions around race because you don't give a damn about the shitty things that people of color have to put up with.

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
"A minor inconvenience"...

"Most people would have just moved on with their lives, but maybe she saw an opportunity to get people riled up"...

Wow...you're barely even trying to be subtle here.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No. Dig up, stupid!

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a nice sidestep you got there

Well it makes a difference in how to interpret the situation. If it was race related it definitely merits outrage. I wasn't sure how to jump to that conclusion with the information provided so far. Do we even know the race of the jr conductor?

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017

YOOOOOOOO! SHOTS MOTHER FUCKIN FIRED!!!

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Well it makes a difference in how to interpret the situation. If it was race related it definitely merits outrage. I wasn't sure how to jump to that conclusion with the information provided so far. Do we even know the race of the jr conductor?
So you don't have enough info to know whether an NAACP attorney would be able to tell whether a personal interaction would be racist but you do have enough info to speculate that she was just trying to rile people up?

rnNm1YG.gif

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
This is ridiculous, NAACP attorney and civil rights activist Sherrilyn Ifill was literally asked to give up her seat on an Amtrak train yesterday, Friday, January 17th right before MLK weekend begun:

She revealed that it was just her singled out to ask to move to a different seat on the Amtrak train:

Baltimore Sun article:

Dont they leave front seats for handciap?

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since Maga kid and CNN were brought up: what did the guy do wrong in the end? Besides the hat and a punchable face & smirk combo.

Jul 18, 2018

Damn. All the damn receipts.

DvergrBlod

Oct 26, 2017
Just weird, absolutely weird. Even if reason was conductor's racist tendencies, why ask her move? I mean I can't wrap my head around it, what was the conductor trying to accomplish?

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since Maga kid and CNN were brought up: what did the guy do wrong in the end? Besides the hat and a punchable face & smirk combo.
If you think standing nose to nose in front of a non caucasian while wearing a MAGA hat and smirking like you shat in someone's coffee isn't meant to be intimidating or insulting then gosh

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
In my dreams, this all happened because they had arranged a surprise party for her in another train car, that'd make a good film plot :) Sadly, we know the real reason, and it's shit.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you think standing nose to nose in front of a non caucasian while wearing a MAGA hat and smirking like you shat in someone's coffee isn't meant to be intimidating or insulting then gosh
From Wiki:

"By January 20, longer videos had been uploaded. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd of students, in what he said was an attempt to defuse what Phillips perceived to be a brewing conflict between the students and a third group of five men who identified as Hebrew Israelites who had been taunting the white students with racist and homophobic slurs.[43]"

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
From Wiki:

"By January 20, longer videos had been uploaded. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd of students, in what he said was an attempt to defuse what Phillips perceived to be a brewing conflict between the students and a third group of five men who identified as Hebrew Israelites who had been taunting the white students with racist and homophobic slurs.[43]"

Not sure what this proves. Phillips stated he approached the students in general, but that was a particular confrontation within the general situation and nowhere does it stay he started the staredown.

Then there's the bigger issue that MAGA hats are white supremacist gear. Which while some on the MAGA side will claim is an unfair and inflammatory suggestion...until its time to denounce people using it as a sign of bigotry then its kanye shrug, lol.

There's also the big leap in giving the kid the benefit of doubt because he's young and America only sees racists (and racism) unless they are 50 year old white guys in Klan hats. If it was a kid in gang colors showing up doing the same me thinks there would be less 'Maybe he's the innocent here!' lol