• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilShap

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Wasn't sure if we were traveling for Christmas yet and it turns out we are. If an intermediary can contact my SS to either find out if the gift will arrive before the 18th, or if they can ship to a different address I would much appreciate it.

Otherwise they won't get their proper thanks until closer to the new year.

krealian

Oct 25, 2017
I've still got this customs issue I'm worried about on what items are going to be even allowed to be posted in their country, who should I PM About this? It's the last thing blocking me before I send my box of gifts out to the TT.
I would ask nicoga3000. Maybe you could tell us the country you're going to send to? It shouldn't give away too much I think.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would ask nicoga3000. Maybe you could tell us the country you're going to send to? It shouldn't give away too much I think.

I'll put the situation in spoilers here:

They are based in Germany. They wanted some games and part of my gift is some cool limited editions. However, looking at the customs prohibited List, Video Games are listed on it for posting over there.

I'll pm nicoga3000 about it after work today.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

They are based in Germany. They wanted some games and part of my gift is some cool limited editions. However, looking at the customs prohibited List, Video Games are listed on it for posting over there.

I've imported games many times without issues.

krealian

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, games are no problem at all. I've imported games from the US/Canada and Asia many times without problems. At most, they'll have to pay fees but as a gift it should be excluded. Also, don't lie on the customs form, not to where you're sending. It's never a good idea in my experience.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of customs, will the post office have to write on the package what's inside? I hope not, don't wanna take away the surprise :(

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of customs, will the post office have to write on the package what's inside? I hope not, don't wanna take away the surprise :(

Well, in case on Finland and I suppose it's the same for all of the EU, If a gift exceeds the value of 45 euros it will get stuck in customs and I need to be able to declare what's inside. I mean I need to know what's inside and the value before I can even see it. Yeah it's dumb.

My advice is, if you are sending to EU from outside EU. Label gift and the value smaller than 45€. They wont peek inside to see if it's actually 46€ if you know what I mean...

Last edited:

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
For my Secret Santa, I just realized my wish list was set to private. Its now public. Quote to reveal.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nicoga3000

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

My answer will be "I'm not responsible for your gift getting confiscated.

However.

I've shipped alcohol across the country and never declared it as a liquid.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Behold the greatest
Secret Santa gift ever
I got him last year

PUpFN16.jpg

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't sure if we were traveling for Christmas yet and it turns out we are. If an intermediary can contact my SS to either find out if the gift will arrive before the 18th, or if they can ship to a different address I would much appreciate it.

Otherwise they won't get their proper thanks until closer to the new year.
So, before all this haiku craziness broke out and no one answered, you'll probably have to talk to nicoga3000 about this, since he'd be the only one who knows who everyone's SS is.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Well, in case on Finland and I suppose it's the same for all of the EU, If a gift exceeds the value of 45 euros it will get stuck in customs and I need to be able to declare what's inside. I mean I need to know what's inside and the value before I can even see it. Yeah it's dumb.

My advice is, if you are sending to EU from outside EU. Label gift and the value smaller than 45€. They wont peek inside to see if it's actually 46€ if you know what I mean...

Ehh, just put in "candy" or "toys" and you are good.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Received a package from my SS. I wasn't intending to open it until Xmas, but since I sent it to my family's home (where I'll be over the holidays), my mom opened it and sent me a picture with no warning because she didn't even look at the label.

So yeah. Anyways, I really appreciate the gifts :) I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

I've also secured all of my presents for my TT, but It'll be a little bit before I can send them due to finals next week. Plus I have an idea for packaging that I want to try out.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was unaware
And had a lot to post here
Back to normal now.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Need to send PM
To my TT for info
Could someone assist?

Not bad for my first Haiku since middle school.

EDIT: Taken care of

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I attempted to write a haiku
For my TT (and my SS too)
Thought it would be a snap
Turned out I was crap
So this limerick will have to make due.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
how do they know? im in the US i thought i just put that stuff in a box and mail it lol

You need to fill in a form at the post office and that form is stamped on top of the package. They ask what's inside (gift) and the monetary value.

Then, if for some reason it gets stuck you need to communicate with your TT so they can fill a form (yeah I know) at their end and declare what's inside and the value.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
You need to fill in a form at the post office and that form is stamped on top of the package. They ask what's inside (gift) and the monetary value.

Then, if for some reason it gets stuck you need to communicate with your TT so they can fill a form (yeah I know) at their end and declare what's inside and the value.
cool okay that doesn't sound too bad, thank you!

Oct 27, 2017
I just ordered the stuff for my TT. Hope they like it. With one of the items, I have minimal reason to believe they would be inclined like it. But it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.