• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
And we have confirmation that the next season of Steven Universe will be its last.

Kinda crazy that all of CN's big shows are getting canceled once a year. Regular Show, then Adventure Time, then Gumball this year and it will now be Steven Universe next year.
also news that there will even be another season

i mean, all signs pointed to it, but Sugar et al had been very tight-lipped until now

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Sunnyside putting up CW numbers in the demo. I watched the 2nd episode last night and didn't really laugh much. I will probably give it one more episode before it drops out of the rotation.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And we have confirmation that the next season of Steven Universe will be its last.

Kinda crazy that all of CN's big shows are getting canceled once a year. Regular Show, then Adventure Time, then Gumball this year and it will now be Steven Universe next year.
With Steven Universe's airing schedule, I wouldn't be too sure it's finishing next year. The last series took two years to get through.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Sunnyside putting up CW numbers in the demo. I watched the 2nd episode last night and didn't really laugh much. I will probably give it one more episode before it drops out of the rotation.
I might do the same. I've put a lot of time into watching series that I don't care too much about just for the sake of it or cause they are in between shows I want to see. I could use that time to do something more productive or at least watch a show I want to try on a streaming service if I have to watch something.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I might do the same. I've put a lot of time into watching series that I don't care too much about just for the sake of it or cause they are in between shows I want to see. I could use that time to do something more productive or at least watch a show I want to try on a streaming service if I have to watch something.

Yeah, there are just too many shows. If it ever gets better, I can check back in down the line.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2019/10/watchm...-regina-king-the-hunt-controversy-1202752460/

DEADLINE: In that, if renewal was a given, how many seasons is your Watchmen?

LINDELOF:
I'm not being flippant when I say that the answer is one.

Does that mean that there isn't going to be anymore Watchmen? Not necessarily. Does that mean that I will be working on subsequent seasons of Watchmen? I don't know is the answer to that question. We designed these nine episodes to be as self-contained as the original 12 issues. We wanted to feel like there was a sense of completeness, to resolve the essential mystery at hand. Obviously, there is a potential promise for the further exploration of the world but like the seasons of Leftovers that I did as opposed to Lost, which was designed to have cliffhanger finales and a promise of future storytelling.
Sounds like Watchmen may just be one season.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for Thursday night:

ABC's "A Million Little Things" adjusted down 0.1.
Fox's "Thursday Night Football" averaged itself out to a 4.4.
Everything else held steady.

Final-Bcast-2019-Oct-03-THU.png

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is that Evil show good? It has at least a few people in it that I like, but ratings make me think it might not last beyond the first season.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Morgan is well down the track with season four of Left Bank Pictures' lavish drama and sources said his exclusive Netflix deal will encompass another two seasons. This would take it to six seasons, which has long been Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos' plan for the show.

The overall deal will also include projects by Morgan outside of The Crown, including feature films. It is said to be valued well into the eight figures, with some sources speculating that it could potentially cross the $100M mark. "The figure is beyond insane," said someone with knowledge of the pact.
6 seasons of "The Crown" confirmed.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Could be the latter. At the very least it sounds like he personally won't be returning for a hypothetical second season. But I guess we'll see what happens.
I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the key cast (i.e. Jeremy Irons) didn't sign on for more than one season, so HBO might look at it as some form of an anthology if they come back for more?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
A remarkable, little known slice of Black American history is coming to light with Boley, an premium event series in development at Universal Television from writer Dianne Houston (When We Rise, Empire, Take the Lead) and producer Rudy Langlais (The Hurricane, Sugar Hill).

Hailed as "television's first premium Black western," Boley is inspired by the e true story of an early 20th century black utopia, Boley, Oklahoma, which was established in 1904 as one of the largest and most thriving black towns in the country.

In 1930s Oklahoma, a group of proud Black citizens and businessmen took up arms against notorious gangster Pretty Boy Floyd and his band of outlaws to defend their community. Boley was a bourgeoning, prosperous town in the middle of the American Depression and its citizens were determined to protect what they had built. They were successful.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

ABC's "American Housewife" went down 0.2 from last week, while "Fresh Off the Boat" (which was a new episode, not a rerun. This is the second time SBD has done this...) and "20/20" went down 0.1 from last week.
CBS's lineup held steady from last week.
The season premiere of NBC's "The Blacklist" returned down 0.1 from its season 6 finale, while "Dateline" returned down 0.1 from last week.
Fox won the night with its network debut of "WWE Friday Night Smackdown."

Final ratings for Friday night will be up on Monday.

Fast-Demo-2019-Oct-04-FRI.png

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
As expected, Smackdown dominates. We'll see how long they can hold those ratings.

Yikes abc's ratings. They truly got the Friday Death Slot down.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, those are really good numbers for Smackdown out of the gate. If it dips (which I expect it will) over the coming weeks, it still has a good shot at owning Fridays. FOX in general has had a pretty good week.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any completed sci-fi serie that ended lately? I feel every sci-fi show in the last 5 years are still going strong but in looking for something i can binge watch to the end

Oct 25, 2017
Emergence is also good. I guess I just have a thing for these ABC shows where MC inherits some child to take care of. Piper is compelling, the sci-fi in the show is compelling, and the cast are largely compelling (MC's detective subordinate does need to smarten up, felt like he's quite weaker physically and intellectually than she is which really stands out, I mean, he's kind of dumb at times).

9-1-1 is great. Buck, his sister, and Athena really carry the show forward.

Overall pleased with the new shows and continuations. Nothing on NBC for me.

Do wish I set up the dvr for the show Ashley Tisdale is in.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Any completed sci-fi serie that ended lately? I feel every sci-fi show in the last 5 years are still going strong but in looking for something i can binge watch to the end
Another +1 for 12 Monkeys. Final season was really good, ended well. Killjoys just ended, it's alright.

It may not be recent, OK it's not recent, not even close, but if you haven't watched it I highly recommend the British classic Blake's 7, from the early 80's. The themes are still relevant today, though the budgets were a bit tight. All 4 seasons are on YT. I rewatched the whole thing again a couple of years ago and it's still awesome.

www.youtube.com

Blakes 7

Blake's 7. Full Episodes and Seasons in playlists on YouTube - http://bit.ly/Blakes7Movies Blake's 7 is a British science fiction television series produced ...

Alastor3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll give another recommendation to this one.

Also (though a bit older now), I'd recommend Fringe and Person of Interest if you haven't seen them.
Another +1 for 12 Monkeys. Final season was really good, ended well. Killjoys just ended, it's alright.

It may not be recent, OK it's not recent, not even close, but if you haven't watched it I highly recommend the British classic Blake's 7, from the early 80's. The themes are still relevant today, though the budgets were a bit tight. All 4 seasons are on YT. I rewatched the whole thing again a couple of years ago and it's still awesome.

www.youtube.com

Blakes 7

Blake's 7. Full Episodes and Seasons in playlists on YouTube - http://bit.ly/Blakes7Movies Blake's 7 is a British science fiction television series produced ...

Ahah i guess i really have to watch 12 monkey, is it like the movie? Because i remember the movie like it was yesterday. Honestly i didn't think the show was already completed, i thought it just started :O

And yeah i've seen Person of Interest and really loved it. Haven't seen Fringe tho, is it more like horror based?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Ahah i guess i really have to watch 12 monkey, is it like the movie? Because i remember the movie like it was yesterday. Honestly i didn't think the show was already completed, i thought it just started :O

And yeah i've seen Person of Interest and really loved it. Haven't seen Fringe tho, is it more like horror based?
4 seasons of 12 Monkeys completed, and it ended. It's inspired by the movie in that it begins with people in the future trying to stop a plague in the past.

Fringe is also excellent. I'd like to re-watch it but there are so many other shows. It's not horror. You can see an X-Files influence. The Wikipedia page sums it up succinctly:

...all members of the fictional Fringe Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, based in Boston, Massachusetts, under the supervision of Homeland Security. The team uses fringe science and FBI investigative techniques to investigate a series of unexplained, often ghastly occurrences, which are related to mysteries surrounding a parallel universe.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

12 Monkeys' premise/pilot is somewhat like the movie but then quickly goes in its own direction.

Fringe starts as a case of the week X-Files style show and slowly turns into something much more serialized and mythology focused... highly recommend it.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fringe ended up pretty bad (and didn't start well either). Good season 2 and 3ish though.

Perfect example of a show that listened too much to its fans

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fringe ended up pretty bad (and didn't start well either). Good season 2 and 3ish though.

Perfect example of a show that listened too much to its fans
(Obviously) completely disagree, but I can't see how it "listened to its fans" in any way, especially given what they did in Season 4. Season 2 and 3 were the peak of the show by far, and had nothing to do with what the fans wanted -- I'd argue if fans had their way they would have kept Season 3 going forever lol.

But just because that was the peak, doesn't mean what came after was bad. Season 5 is still pretty good (while budget restrained), and the finale does wrap things up in a pretty satisfying way for longterm fans of the show.

It did have a rough start, but so do many shows -- and that's mostly down to them bringing on a new Showrunner (who stayed till the end) part way through Season 1. There are still some good stand alone episodes even in that first batch though.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

It was an original story, but then the creator was offered the 12 Monkeys license. So it will have some of the same character names and events, but the overall picture is something very different.

I actually didn't like it at first because it felt like they were changing everything that made the movie what it was, but it won me over starting with the second season, and now I think it's one of the best executed series out there.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
This fall hasn't had any breakout hits in terms of ratings, and I don't see that changing

Batwoman - 0.3

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
I'll guess a .8 for Batwoman. Feels like more hype for this than others in the past few years, and I'm off my meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.