• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 62100

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019

Can't not see

290db3d91ef7465d0bf0d33970260ca4.jpg

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Little Ellen is totally going to have a black neighborhood best friend called Kevin in this isn't she.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Binged both season of Fleabag yesterday and loved it. Is there any news on season 3? Seems season 1 was from 2016 and season 2 was 2019. Is there some extenuating circumstance for that or is that going to be the normal timeline for new seasons?

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Binged both season of Fleabag yesterday and loved it. Is there any news on season 3? Seems season 1 was from 2016 and season 2 was 2019. Is there some extenuating circumstance for that or is that going to be the normal timeline for new seasons?
PWB is done with Fleabag after S2. Doesn't sound like she'll make any more unless she gets very inspired, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
PWB said:
"To be honest, this just feels like the most beautiful, beautiful way to say goodbye to it, actually," Waller-Bridge told reporters after winning numerous awards at the 2019 Emmys. "It does feel like the story is complete."

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
PWB is done with Fleabag after S2. Doesn't sound like she'll make any more unless she gets very inspired, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Damn. That is certainly disappointing. I was worried that might be the case due to final shot of the second season but thought otherwise. Guess I'll just be on the lookout for other work from her in the future.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You might want to try her show Crashing on Netflix. It's only six episodes and and while not as good as Fleabag, it's pretty funny.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
www.resetera.com

2019 ERA TV Show of the Year + TV Fail of the Year Voting Thread! Cast your votes!

*Rules* - Each person makes a list of up to 10 entries. No more than 10, please. Their #1 will get 10 points, #2 will get 9 points, #3 will get 8, and so on. Unranked lists will not be tallied. Do not list more than one show per number (eg. no ties). - Editing is permitted for as long as the...

Thanks for this thread! I'm writing a draft for my top 10 / top 3 right now. I'll post it in the coming days after I could sort everything and think it over a bit.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Showbuzzdaily said:
NOTE: Network news special reports at various points last night for the Impeachment vote in the House of Representatives interrupted some programming. Precise program start and end times with actual program ratings will be available later this afternoon. The numbers below are time period numbers with approximate schedules as a rough guide.
I will post the final ratings later today since the Impeachment vote last night may have affected last night's ratings.

CBS's "Survivor" season/cycle 39 finale held steady from last week. It is down by 0.3 from last season's finale back in May though.
Fox's "The Masked Singer" season/cycle 2 finale averaged out to a 1.95, which is about even with last week. It is way down from season/cycle 1 back in February though, where it earned a 3.1. But that's what happens when you're not so new anymore.

Fast-Demo-2019-Dec-18-WED.png

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
You might want to try her show Crashing on Netflix. It's only six episodes and and while not as good as Fleabag, it's pretty funny.
Thanks for the recommendation. I've finished Crashing and enjoyed it. Now I want more of it and I'm pretty sure that it is completed. What a great but frustrating end to the season/series.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My sister and I watched "Over the Garden Wall" a couple days ago, and it was great. The animation and art style was wonderful and the voice casting was on-point.

I was shocked at how short it was: 10 episodes, each about 10-12 minutes long. Check it out on Hulu, if you have some time to kill.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for Wednesday night:

Showbuzzdaily said:
NOTE: Ratings for FOX 8:00 pm Masked Singer special not available today. NBC 8-9 pm ET also not rated.
It doesn't say why NBC and Fox's ratings for 8pm ET aren't in there, but I'm sure it's because of last night's Impeachment vote. So we'll just have to rely on the preliminary ratings for those.

Fortunately, it looks like everything else that was reported held steady from this morning.

Final-Bcast-2019-Dec-18-WED.png

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix orders Pendleton Ward's new show "The Midnight Gospel" to series.

netflix.jpg

Netflix has ordered eight episodes of adult animated series The Midnight Gospel, from Emmy-winning Adventure Time creator Pendleton Ward and comedian Duncan Trussell. Titmouse (Big Mouth) will serve as the animation studio for the series, which is slated to premiere in 2020.
Shutterstock

Co-created and executive produced by Ward and Trussell, The Midnight Gospel centers on Clancy, a spacecaster with a malfunctioning multiverse simulator, who leaves the comfort of his home to interview beings living in dying worlds. The series is set in a fantastical universe using interview clips from Trussell's podcast, Duncan Trussell Family Hour.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty bad reviews for BBC/FX's dreadful looking grimdark 'Christmas Carol' remake:

Salon said:
Between the overuse of dark lens filters, the grinding sorrow hovering over everything, and the spirit-deflating, narrative-defeating addition of a sexual abuse subplot, this "Christmas Carol" is short on joy and very, very, very long on purgatorial slogging.

How long, you might ask? It takes almost an hour for "A Christmas Carol" to get to the point where Marley makes his way over to Scrooge for that fateful visit. You will feel every agonizing moment of those 53 minutes, and it will teach you very little that you don't already know.

At that point you may also realize that "A Christmas Carol" still has about two hours remaining. And you might wish Steven Knight were nearby so you could grab him by the shoulders and shake him while screaming, "Who hurt you? What did they do to you and why are you taking it out on me?"

oop

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

ABC's "Great American Baking Show" held steady from last week.
"MIss America 2020" on NBC dropped by 0.1 from last year, when it aired on ABC on September 9, 2018. It also lost about 700,000 viewers from last year. I wonder how low it can go with each passing year.

Fast-Demo-2019-Dec-19-THU.png

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They play ambitious twenty-somethings struggling to secure their futures in the cutthroat world of international finance. The characters compete for a limited set of permanent positions at a top investment bank in London — but the boundaries between colleague, friend, lover, and enemy soon blur as they immerse themselves in a company culture defined as much by sex, drugs, and ego as it is by deals and dividends.
Sexy investment banking is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.