• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah I also definitely found 12:00 to 13:00 the most weird part so far, especially at the end with the very specific choices to get past those roadblocks.

I do enjoy the puzzle aspect of the game though trying to unlock all the different stories with selections from each other. It's a cool concept I've not seen implemented in this way in a VN before.

Anyway, do people have a a favourite protagonist and a favourite scenario out of the 5? And just favourite characters in general? This game deserves so much more love, such a shame it's such a barren OT! Then again, guess it comes with the kind of game it is.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
13-14:00 down, onwards (tomorrow)!

Story starting to take shape.

Sumio Mondo I like straight laced detectives, so I've been enjoying Kano. He's a dork. But Achi is great too. And Tama. I probably look forward to those three the most right now.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
My least favorite started out as Minorikawa, but he became my favorite near the end. Overall Tama or Osawa had my favorite story.

My favorite supporting character is easily Chiaki(and her lace laptop).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Tama's probably still my favorite main, but they all really grew on me over time (not that I ever disliked them to begin with, but I appreciated them more).

Favorite supporting is absolutely Kajiwara.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Osawa is my favorite story/setting line. Kajiwara is my favorite character I think.

So much is so good.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just got the platinum. It's an awesome game which I surprisingly enjoyed more than Spider-Man. Any other good VNs on the PS4 that I should play?

The part where...

the dry ice machine suddenly makes an appearance at the bomb scene had me laughing. Oh, Minorikawa. It's your fault.
The House In Fata Morgana will be out in Q1 2019

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Best support character for me is a tie between the two biggest heroes, Kajiwara and Kimizuka.

Best main character probably Minorikawa.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I finished but it still seems like there's a cliffhanger... can anyone tell me if there's more, because it seems an odd way to end,

i saw the Canaan anime ending which was a real unexpected style shift.The main storyends with Canaan and Alphard confronting each other and fade to black and a gunshot, without knowing who survived. Is that it? I have a black bookmark now.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I think I finished but it still seems like there's a cliffhanger... can anyone tell me if there's more, because it seems an odd way to end,

i saw the Canaan anime ending which was a real unexpected style shift.The main storyends with Canaan and Alphard confronting each other and fade to black and a gunshot, without knowing who survived. Is that it? I have a black bookmark now.

Yup, that's the True ending. But you can make the other last choice for the Normal end, which has a different tone and will get you the white bookmark. I'd just come to terms with the normal ending when it clicked/I saw there was indeed a true one I could already access, hah.

That's it for the main story, but now you have a lot of postgame stuff to see/find. Some of it can be hit or miss quality wise, but... those hits sure are hits. And then there's the two bonus scenarios from the bookmarks as well.

Also, it's a cliffhanger because there's a Canaan anime set two years later that continues her and Alphard's story. Going by impressions here, it sounds not very good?

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably asked and answered but i there a bad endings guide? iIm working backwards form the last block and can't seem to figure out 73, so not off to a great start.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Probably asked and answered but i there a bad endings guide? iIm working backwards form the last block and can't seem to figure out 73, so not off to a great start.

So I know that there's this Fuwanovel guide but it's really not ideal. It's set up as if you were playing the entire thing alongside the guide and getting the bad ends as you go, with super unclear context given for everything beyond the exact current choice for the bad end, so it's hard to work backwards to the bad end if you're using it now. It also spoils the titles of the bad ends, if that's a thing you care about.

In this case, it seems like...

At 19:05, have Kano do "He had to protect..." which I'm going to guess from the name is letting Palmer get away? Then switch to Achi to see this.

Since they share a lot of endings in this way in this section, it might be more helpful to say that Achi ending 73 seems to correspond to Kano's ending 66. Specifically, know that for this ending and all the bomb endings (which confusingly reuse their titles multiple times even within a character), for each ending Kano has, Achi has one with the same title (and obviously the other way around). So if you're missing any more of those, you can narrow down which character it's on that way. Though the lack of hints will make it a little hard to tell which exact way the bomb exploded, of course...

I'm still tempted to slap together some sort of better guide (or at least work off of this and shape it into something more coherent) but I don't know if that'll really be worth the time. Especially without some way to speed up text a ton if I'd need to replay to explain stuff...

In any case, if you have any others you need help with, feel free to ask here and one of us can try to help. Unfortunately I won't be by my PS4 again till Tuesday so I can't quickly pop the game in to check things as I have at times in the past, but maybe my memory of the endings can help figure out the guide easier. And if you skim through the thread, you might find that people already asked about that specific ending and got an answer.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks man, that was the one.

Funnily enough the first bad end I went for earlier on was that exact
Kano
ending!

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Onto 16:00-17:00!

Getting closer...

Edit: 17-18:00!

No more Maria :( Why exactly was she the only POV character speaking in first person then?

Edit:
Osawa done now too.

18:00-20:00! I get the feeling that this is it. Another day, though...

Last edited:

BibiCesar

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
Onto 16:00-17:00!

Getting closer...

Edit: 17-18:00!

No more Maria :( Why exactly was she the only POV character speaking in first person then?

Edit:
Osawa done now too.

18:00-20:00! I get the feeling that this is it. Another day, though...
You're in for a ride, my man. Those last hours are crazy.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm

I'm in the last block, 18-20:00, and have everyone at bad ends lol

Specifically, "mysterious explosion" for Achi and Kano, "unforeseen situation" for Tateno, and "complete failure" (lol) for Jack.

Everyone is exploding...

Help?

Last edited:

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm

I'm in the last block, 18-20:00, and have everyone at bad ends lol

Specifically, "mysterious explosion" for Achi and Kano, "unforeseen situation" for Tateno, and "complete failure" (lol) for Jack.

Everyone is exploding...

Help?
The explosion happens early because the main villain is able to trigger it remotely. You need to keep them from being able to do this. This is mostly on Tateno and Jack IIRC. Try fiddling around with their choices a little.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
The explosion happens early because the main villain is able to trigger it remotely. You need to keep them from being able to do this. This is mostly on Tateno and Jack IIRC. Try fiddling around with their choices a little.

I just did.

OH FUUUUU

Now have Keep Out with Stanley and Tateno, but Stanley finding a picture in Maria's stuff...I know where this is going lol

Edit:
Tateno End.... getting closer.

I'm going to have to go to bed soon haha.

Edit last for this evening: normal ending, achieved! I did not have enough bad ends though to unlock anything else.

Now that epilogue is unlocked, am I at liberty to go back and just grab bad ends without fucking up the entire story? Or is there a different way to do this? I could get the extra 6 I need to get to 50 bad ends by doing a bunch of Minori's early ones.

Last edited:

BibiCesar

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
I just did.

OH FUUUUU

Now have Keep Out with Stanley and Tateno, but Stanley finding a picture in Maria's stuff...I know where this is going lol

Edit:

Edit last for this evening: normal ending, achieved! I did not have enough bad ends though to unlock anything else.

Now that epilogue is unlocked, am I at liberty to go back and just grab bad ends without fucking up the entire story? Or is there a different way to do this? I could get the extra 6 I need to get to 50 bad ends by doing a bunch of Minori's early ones.
Go for the true ending.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I just did.

OH FUUUUU

Edit:

I would say go get the true ending; hint of what to do if you didn't already guess:

People need reject getting revenge in the final block.

It took me a day or two to realize I could actually already do it immediately and that I'd guessed correctly for what'd matter to it, and while I appreciated having some time to appreciate the normal ending, I did wish I realized a little earlier the day after I got normal so that I didn't have to wait to see true...

Anyway, if you go hunting for bad ends you'll only "fuck up" the story until you switch the choice(s) you made for that bad end back. It remembers everything you did past that point once you fix it, so you don't need to go change things from the "default" choice or anything.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
BibiCesar deepFlaw Do I need the 50 bad ends for the true ending, or can I just get it?

I don't necessarily want to fuck everything up doing bad ends back and forth lol.

And yeah, figured that was it for true end...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
BibiCesar deepFlaw Do I need the 50 bad ends for the true ending, or can I just get it?

I don't necessarily want to fuck everything up doing bad ends back and forth lol.

And yeah, figured that was it for true end...

No, there's no bad end requirement for the true end. Just the choices. And I doubt you'd fuck everything up while getting bad ends anyway; most are pretty simple to cause and then fix, and worst case just, like, write down the couple changes you're making so you can revert them, hah.

...I also don't even know where you're getting 50 from; there's more than 50. I don't think that matters gameplay-wise anyway, no.

But I hunted for bad ends as I went (usually a few chapters at a time early on and then after I cleared each), and actually got all the ones from the last block naturally before getting the normal end, so I'm admittedly not familiar with any requirements tied to them.

EDIT: Oh, I guess you need 50 for the white bookmark? Huh. Though shouldn't lock you out of the true end still.

And, well, that should be pretty easy anyway. I'm someone always inclined to get the worse endings first so I did that hunting as I went and enjoyed seeing them all because most of them are pretty funny, but even now that you're removed from thinking about those blocks a bit, it should hopefully not be too hard to think "how could I ruin things for this character or someone else at this point", hah. Especially when you can use the numbers to more or less deduce whose it is and when.

Feel free to ask about specific numbers as needed, of course.

Last edited:

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
No, there's no bad end requirement for the true end. Just the choices. And I doubt you'd fuck everything up while getting bad ends anyway; most are pretty simple to cause and then fix, and worst case just, like, write down the couple changes you're making so you can revert them, hah.

...I also don't even know where you're getting 50 from; there's more than 50. I don't think that matters gameplay-wise anyway, no.

But I hunted for bad ends as I went (usually a few chapters at a time early on and then after I cleared each), and actually got all the ones from the last block naturally before getting the normal end, so I'm admittedly not familiar with any requirements tied to them.

EDIT: Oh, I guess you need 50 for the white bookmark? Huh. Though shouldn't lock you out of the true end still.

And, well, that should be pretty easy anyway. I'm someone always inclined to get the worse endings first so I did that hunting as I went and enjoyed seeing them all because most of them are pretty funny, but even now that you're removed from thinking about those blocks a bit, it should hopefully not be too hard to think "how could I ruin things for this character or someone else at this point", hah. Especially when you can use the numbers to more or less deduce whose it is and when.

Feel free to ask about specific numbers as needed, of course.

Yeah. 50 was the white bookmark haha. I guess I'll play with the choices needed for true and see if I get locked out or not!

If I do, I have a random chunk of like, 8 for Minori in an early time block, so maybe I'll just do all of those and then revert the choices haha.

Thanks for the help. :)

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. 50 was the white bookmark haha. I guess I'll play with the choices needed for true and see if I get locked out or not!

If I do, I have a random chunk of like, 8 for Minori in an early time block, so maybe I'll just do all of those and then revert the choices haha.

Thanks for the help. :)
Keep in mind that "choices only affect their current time block" applies to the entire game, including the final block. Choices made in previous blocks do not affect the final block, and choices that determine the normal/true end path are only in the final block.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Right, not sure if that was getting across regarding the bad ends. When you have a bad end, at best other people will be at To Be Continued at the end of that hour. More likely you'll probably see a lot of Keep Outs and the occasional other character getting a bad end. Which is to say, if you get a bad end and you see another character's timeline looks like it can be continued instead of being KO/TBC, you should do that since there's probably a bad end on them you haven't seen.

If you change things back so everybody reaches the end of the hour, everything pops back exactly as it was before.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind that "choices only affect their current time block" applies to the entire game, including the final block. Choices made in previous blocks do not affect the final block, and choices that determine the normal/true end path are only in the final block.

That's good to know! Thank you.

Edit: True ending, get!

So...was Rumi never that pop star? Lol

Kano jump for joy!

Why did Kano and Jack not get a beer? :(

As you can tell, I liked Kano lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I managed to hunt down all the bad endings, now I'm stick on the quiz.

Managed to find the info for the first 3 but question 4 is a bit too broad. Which argument am I supposed to be looking at here, there are loads during the course of the game?

Also:

How do you get the Mean Clean scenario to work? I just get a Keep Out when I try the jump.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to hunt down all the bad endings, now I'm stick on the quiz.

Managed to find the info for the first 3 but question 4 is a bit too broad. Which argument am I supposed to be looking at here, there are loads during the course of the game?

Also:

How do you get the Mean Clean scenario to work? I just get a Keep Out when I try the jump.
I posted a guide earlier in the thread

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I never understood the deal with Rumi, we never saw her face lol

I was completely under the impression that

she was the pop star. Kano's partner says she looks the same, the dad is that message board poster that doesn't want the pop star to expand to the US (keep his daughter around), etc. Or that's what it seemed to me lol

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was completely under the impression that

she was the pop star. Kano's partner says she looks the same, the dad is that message board poster that doesn't want the pop star to expand to the US (keep his daughter around), etc. Or that's what it seemed to me lol

But it's an actress that everyone keeps saying she looks like, not Aya, isn't it?

We see Aya's face and she doesn't look anything like Rumi.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
But it's an actress that everyone keeps saying she looks like, not Aya, isn't it?

We see Aya's face and she doesn't look anything like Rumi.

Maybe I'm mixing them up.

Besides. We don't know what Rumi looks like lol. I thought the partner said Kano had a picture of Aya on his phone haha. But maybe it was an actress?

I dunno. I was constantly waiting for the big reveal of Rumi being famous.

BibiCesar

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
The one Sasayama (Kano's partner) was talking about is different from Aya Kamiki, they just kept teasing that Rumi was famous..Maybe she was famous after all ahah

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the demo on PS4. Now I am interested in this game. I got so many bad endings with Kano vs the 1 with Achi lol. It only plays the 10:00-11:00, but I will definitely pick this up soon. Never played a VN in this type of artstyle before. I feel it makes it pretty engaging.

Amaretto

Oct 27, 2017
I have a couple of story line questions (spoiler for the entire game to be safe).

What exactly was Tanaka's connection to the twins? I don't recall ever getting an explanation for why he had Hitomi's number and vice versa. Maria is also fond of him, in one of her bad ends, she mentions that she feels like she can trust him, even though she doesn't remember him. In that same ending, Tanaka says that he doesn't know (or care) whether Maria is Maria or Hitomi; Osawa himself muses at some point that Tanaka could tell the twins apart, and he was clearly unaware of how close Tanaka really was to the twins.

In the bad ending where Tateno puts on Maria's suit, why was it covered in blood? It's established later on that Tateno can't shoot anyone, and had no interest in killing anyone but Hitomi anyway.

BibiCesar

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
I have a couple of story line questions (spoiler for the entire game to be safe).

What exactly was Tanaka's connection to the twins? I don't recall ever getting an explanation for why he had Hitomi's number and vice versa. Maria is also fond of him, in one of her bad ends, she mentions that she feels like she can trust him, even though she doesn't remember him. In that same ending, Tanaka says that he doesn't know (or care) whether Maria is Maria or Hitomi; Osawa himself muses at some point that Tanaka could tell the twins apart, and he was clearly unaware of how close Tanaka really was to the twins.

In the bad ending where Tateno puts on Maria's suit, why was it covered in blood? It's established later on that Tateno can't shoot anyone, and had no interest in killing anyone but Hitomi anyway.
Tanaka was bribed by Alphard in advance IIRC...Maybe he got close to Hitomi for her to trust him...At least that's what I think, that part of the game with Tanaka was not explained that well. As for Tateno, maybe that young man who received the costume from Maria didn't want to give to Tateno and he just punched him and got blood in the costume. There are other bad endings in which Tateno kills Achi (I think?)

apeache

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the normal ending. Loved this so much. I missed a lot of the bad endings though. What's the easiest way to get them now that the plot is in proper order?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the normal ending. Loved this so much. I missed a lot of the bad endings though. What's the easiest way to get them now that the plot is in proper order?

Without a guide?

If you look at your list of bad endings, they're organized by character, but the the way they're numbered sequentially is like... all of Kano's for the first hour, then all of Achi's, then all of Kano's for the second hour, Achi's, then the next character's for the second hour, etc.

So you can use the gaps in numbering to deduce who and when they'd be for. But if you have way too little to do that, I'd say just start trying to ruin things for people, hah. There's probably points where you can think about how you could stop another character and figure it out, or even situations where you got a bad end on one character but there was an associated bad end for someone else that you didn't get.

And if you undo the bad choices, the rest of the timeline will reappear with all your later choices intact.

Deleted member 8197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A relatively easy way to see if you've made a change is to make a decision, go straight to the timeline and see if the following blocks have disappeared. If they have it means someone's timeline has changed. You can spot where the new bad endings are because it'll have the time block unresolved - where you've already seen a bad ending, the block will be marked with 'Bad End', others might change to a 'keep out'.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I wish the PC/Mac Remote Play app had on-screen buttons or keyboard bindings, this is an extremely slow month at work and it'd be the perfect way to sneak some of this in, lol. I can at least pull out my Vita on lunch. (It felt weird on a TV, but the comically oversized text and UI is very Vita-friendly, which is nice.)

Only about an hour in but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not sure what exactly had set my expectations, but the overall presentation is way better than I thought it'd be.

BibiCesar

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
I wish the PC/Mac Remote Play app had on-screen buttons or keyboard bindings, this is an extremely slow month at work and it'd be the perfect way to sneak some of this in, lol. I can at least pull out my Vita on lunch. (It felt weird on a TV, but the comically oversized text and UI is very Vita-friendly, which is nice.)

Only about an hour in but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not sure what exactly had set my expectations, but the overall presentation is way better than I thought it'd be.
You're in for a treat. I'm still obsessed with the game and I finished a month ago. If you're stuck or need help say something.

apeache

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I've finally gotten all the bad endings (with guide), True End, and Canaan's episode. This VN is seriously nothing short of mindblowing.
Too bad I'm stuck trying to get Conspiracy. I scrolled my mouse wheel up and down but it doesn't seem to do anything.

How is the Canaan anime? Would you recommend it?
Also kinda bugging me, were Hitomi's missing CDs addressed at some point?

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Ok, I've finally gotten all the bad endings (with guide), True End, and Canaan's episode. This VN is seriously nothing short of mindblowing.
Too bad I'm stuck trying to get Conspiracy. I scrolled my mouse wheel up and down but it doesn't seem to do anything.

How is the Canaan anime? Would you recommend it?
Also kinda bugging me, were Hitomi's missing CDs addressed at some point?
By all accounts, it's pretty bad, but you could always see for yourself.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Canaan-Blu-ray-Complete-Collection-Hyb

There's a trailer there.