• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jipewithin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit Finland

IMG_1211.JPG

Could be the first Ass Creed I actually buy

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Okay, this sounds like a dream game for me, hopefully this is all true, I'm waiting a Nordic AC for wayyy too long, and it being focused on exploration and it having less focus on ship combat is exactly what I wanted, after loving Origins but being kinda eh about Odyssey.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression Assassins creed was mainly a grounded historical franchise rather than one that delves into stories such as Nordic religion.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
At this point they are never going to do the Japanese Assassin's Creed out of spite right?

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
This time the hating will be :
"Ubisoft shouldn't put other than whites on this game given the setting"

Vs

"Wow Ubisoft is really pc culture because the forced to have a black (insert another) in this setting"

Vs

"Why there's not this *insert a race * in this game this is racist

And then a lots of oportunistic youtubers making the videos on how is fucked up the X happened in the game.

Just ignore the teapot drama, as if an AC game is worth fighting over.

most people know this is disposable pop entertainment murder sim and don't care if it is historically accurate as long as it does the power fantasy thing and the narrative strokes the ego. An historically accurate game would be dull, disturbing, and offputting.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
No, only 2x. I expect the game map to be maybe 1.5x the size of Odyssey or else it might be too unwieldy.
Let me eventually run like the flash since we'lll have a way beefier CPU now. I was a demigod in Odyssey and jumping from any height was dope. Now lemme run like the wind and forget about horses.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Odyssey's ship traversal / combat - would be a shame if they made it an even bigger part in the next game...

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Map seems insanely large. UK alone is what, 5x the size of Greece?
Well, it should be large but at the same time it's going to be a lot smaller than the actual one. Even Greece in Odyssey had huge chunks removed (Macedonia was a joke, same for western Greece) and even the biggest islands felt tiny. I guess, they are going to reduce the distance between Scandinavia and the UK a lot (like they did in Odyssey and the Aegean sea).

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh! Norse mythology and Nordic setting in an AC game? Yes please!

Not sure about the name though. Ragnarok has major implications and it sets the name apart from pretty much every previous AC. Would be cool if they went with "Assassin's Creed: Saga", but I imagine "AC Vikings" is the safe option here.

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019
Seems very susp especially since the Great Heathen Army was formed to avenge Ragnar, so he would be dead by that point.

Also Iceland wasn't settled until at least a decade or two after GHA. and Finland don't really have much to do with the vikings, being they are a completly different culture.

I know AC take some liberties with their stuff but they usually good with keeping people and places acurate to the time period.
Also those screens look really bad.

EDIT: Finland, not Findland lol

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
At this point they are never going to do the Japanese Assassin's Creed out of spite right?

There's time. Its actualy good that they havent done it until now. The gamedesign of the old series was really shit. The worst combat in the world, tail missions, feather collecting, extremely scripted missions that had you with game over if you didnt follow the exact path or even went a bit too far from the target. They really were poorly conceived games up until Origins. A game with ninja or samurai would have been utterly wasted on that shit gamedesign. They're on a much better track now with Origins and Oddisey. Let them improve it a bit more with another couple of games, then we'll get our asian AC

ket

Jul 27, 2018
The part where the whole map is comprised of several different countries makes me think this leak is bullshit

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I really want is for the game to have a female choice for the main character.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ready to be offended by the portrayal of Finns as either drunks, village idiots, filthy peasants or all of the above.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I like the series a lot, played all of the main games so far but Odyssey and the one that came out for last generation when the next generation got the Pirate game.

For some reason, this doesn't sound interesting at all to me.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The art direction will sell this for me. I hope they go as crazy as odyssey because northen aesthetic can look dull

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Color me hyped.
I just hope shield usage will be optional, Odyssey made me realize how much the shield bothered me in Origins.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

This bit is interesting. I wonder if they mean the map is several open-world areas like The Witcher 3 or whether the map is some sort of condensed version of the whole of Britannia and Scandinavia. The latter sounds incredibly ambitious.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
There's time. Its actualy good that they havent done it until now. The gamedesign of the old series was really shit. The worst combat in the world, tail missions, feather collecting, extremely scripted missions that had you with game over if you didnt follow the exact path or even went a bit too far from the target. They really were poorly conceived games up until Origins. A game with ninja or samurai would have been utterly wasted on that shit gamedesign. They're on a much better track now with Origins and Oddisey. Let them improve it a bit more with another couple of games, then we'll get our asian AC

Idk, I dont like the idea of foisting Western mythos onto Eastern cultures and exploiting that culture for an ubi murder sim. Maybe if they could get JPN/CHN devs, actors, writers, etc. to actually make the game.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Seems very susp especially since the Great Heathen Army was formed to avenge Ragnar, so he would be dead by that point.

Also Iceland wasn't settled until at least a decade or two after GHA. and Finland don't really have much to do with the vikings, being they are a completly different culture.

I know AC take some liberties with their stuff but they usually good with keeping people and places acurate to the time period.
Also those screens look really bad.

EDIT: Finland, not Findland lol

Finland didn't have permanent viking settlements but still a lot of trade with vikings and some finns also took part on the viking expeditions ( for example sword of the viking bodyguard of byzantine emperor Constantine VIII has been found in Finland) so I guess finnish part of the game could about viking - finnish cooperation.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
You guys slow down asking for a feudal AC game, we already have Ghost of Tsushima and NiOh 2 coming, also Sekiro was just released, a nordic AC is way more exciting especially with all these countries supposedly included, I don't think we ever had a AAA open world in these countries, it would be so refreshing to this to be true... next we need an African empire that is not in Egypt and the next one to be Aztec/Mayan/Inca setting and then you guys can have your AC Japan. Alright?!?!

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Finland didn't have permanent viking settlements but still a lot of trade with vikings and some finns also took part on the viking expeditions ( for example sword of the viking bodyguard of byzantine emperor Constantine VIII has been found in Finland) so I guess finnish part of the game could about viking - finnish cooperation.

Or they could just make shit up as long as it was entertaining?

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.

-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems
giphy.gif

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The Kingdom of Finland? That alone makes me not believe this leak. Despite all the insanity surrounding the Assassin's Creed story, Ubisoft usually does try to get the locations mostly right. "The Kingdom of Finland" is a fictional country, Finland wasn't a unified country during the time the game is supposedly set, it was just a collection of tribes.

EDIT: Or are they just talking about the regions instead of an actual country of "Finland", that would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.