• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

View: https://www.threads.net/@charlieintel/post/Cwkx4rEOiyp

F4ymxu4XcAA6FHR

F4ymyFmXEAAo8fh

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
this is why people dont talk in game chat anymore. I expect tons of bans of cod players lmfao

Oct 27, 2017
i guess that makes sense. It'd be impossible to have real mods in every game. And it says it flags things for actual review by real people

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Whenever video game accounts like Charlie intel use BREAKING esp in all caps for video games news, I just go like

Man, this isn't like a severe weather statement

It's call of duty news

Regardless this is good, hope it brings down hate speech

Ƅlg

Banned
May 13, 2018
Going to be interesting to see how this works out. Could be a great tool if accurate.

GamerEDM

May 7, 2020
im suprised it took so long... sick of hearing these little brats swearing , using homophobic / racial slurs

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
If it's accurate enough I'm for it. It's just impossible to have humans do some tasks, moderating live chatter from millions of players is one of those impossible things.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
everyone in COD about to create their own language. it'll be interesting how well this works

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine only training AI off of COD voice chat?
*shudders*
Well it's training to detect speech and presumably "intent", not to generate anything

everyone in COD about to create their own language. it'll be interesting how well this works
Now this would actually be incredible. People developing an entirely new language to get around moderation. There's already tons of gaming specific lingo and terms, might as well go all the way.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
Waiting for the Minority Report update where players get preemptively banned.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is this gonna end up like R6 Siege where people bait others into saying a slur?

Saw "Anyone remember the name of Eric Cartman's superhero persona?" all the time in chat.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
My only slight worry... is that how does it know if a person says: "Let's go kill that player", how does it know the difference between obviously talking about the game or an actual threat?

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
How many players play and use this feature? That sounds like it could be a lot of processing; whose paying for that?
I can understand banning text and report features etc but active voice moderation as a whole can't be cheap and it's Activision right?

Cool tech otherwise.

My only slight worry... is that how does it know if a person says: "Let's go kill that player", how does it know the difference between obviously talking about the game or an actual threat?

I think reports go to people to check for context.
Which makes me feel like they are also paying people to do this and listen in to conversations for context?

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I'm pretty sure this AI only understands english and that's going to be a problem.
People speaking other than english might get false banned due to this AI.
Something like this can happen:
https://gamerant.com/apex-legends-japanese-players-ban-run-word/

Imagine if two Norwegian dudes are playing CoD and talking to each other. Then they say something that AI thinks is racist, even though is not. That could easily lead to false bans.
There's also chance that people with speech impediment might get false banned.

However it seems that current system is just flagging at the moment, but knowing activision they might eventually get rid of human moderators and automate their jobs with AI.

I don't know why people in this thread are saying "great" when the risk of players getting false banned is high.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
"ā€¦ā€¦now it's a ghost town"

Will be so accurate now

Also I don't think I have spoken in a public lobby in a game in over a decade? Always in party chat instead, even when playing solo

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tay.ai-artificial-cha2se3t.jpg

"Listen here you faintcolt ****, you are now banned so stick your ******** **** in a blender, now **** ***. Have a lovely day, heil *****"

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
At first I was thinking of swearing and trash talk and was very confused. Like why bother in an M rated graphic military shooter. Meanwhile they sell mega bloks and still claim they don't want their games played by kids.

But hate speech makes sense.
If only it would work properly.
And I am wary of this type of thing in general anyway.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The complete meltdowns on twitter from people saying the game will die because they can't say the N word anymore make me happy

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if it wasn't AI...

ad4.png
How exactly would you have human moderators listening in on every game?

I'm pretty sure this AI only understands english and that's going to be a problem.
People speaking other than english might get false banned due to this AI.
Something like this can happen:
https://gamerant.com/apex-legends-japanese-players-ban-run-word/

Imagine if two Norwegian dudes are playing CoD and talking to each other. Then they say something that AI thinks is racist, even though is not. That could easily lead to false bans.
There's also chance that people with speech impediment might get false banned.

However it seems that current system is just flagging at the moment, but knowing activision they might eventually get rid of human moderators and automate their jobs with AI.

I don't know why people in this thread are saying "great" when the risk of players getting false banned is high.
There's no need to speculate. The site for the service they use literally lists all the languages it supports/partially supports

Modulate

Seems most are in beta (Spanish) or Alpha (everything non-English or Spanish)