crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
He plays Anansi, the spider god that weaves stories. A lot of his stories involve racism and slavery. He's pretty pissed about how his people have been treated. I can see some being uncomfortable with that kind of truth to power character, though he was really one of the best parts of the show.
I see. So it's appeasing white people uncomfortable with the reality of history and present racism.

By the way Orlando Jones has framed his tweets, it sounds like the showrunner sacked him with the justification of him playing an "Angry Black Man" stereotype.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Funny enough, I was just thinking the other day what ever happened to Orlando Jones? Used to be a big fan of him from the Mad TV days and he kind of vanished a bit after an early-00s push.

Regardless, this sounds like dumbfuck meddling

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is why i will hold on to Black Lightening for dear life. Getting black as fuck stuff on tv is a rare treat

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
He was one of the few big bright spots of Season 2. Just dumping him between seasons doesn't bode well. Season 2 barely managed to hold on with all the people it lost.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Real shame, Jones was great as Anansi. After Gillian Anderson and Pablo Schreiber this is now the third original S1 actor the show has lost. And showrunner Bryan Fuller of course.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I never bothered watching season 2 of this show despite liking the first.

Was it as big a shitshow as the behind the scenes drama made it seem like it was gonna end up being in the end?

Some fans stuck with it swearing the problems were just bullshit stuff like "Fuller being Fuller"

Obviously this fucked up shit going viral is gonna wake them up quick that it (of course) wasn't

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
really sad

his monologue from season 1 was maybe my fav scene from it. didn't watch season 2 but read the book and plan to read the anansi sequel one day.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This show keeps losing talent. Their management must be complete ass.

Anansi was my favorite character last season as well so dropped.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Smh, Orlando was the best part of the show and truthfully it ain't worth watching without him.

I couldn't make it through season one, but he was the only reason I watched as much as I did. That and that soul stealing God...my my my lol

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
This is extremely disappointing. He was the best character hands down. His introductory speech on the slave ship should be shown in every American history class.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Real shame, Jones was great as Anansi. After Gillian Anderson and Pablo Schreiber this is now the third original S1 actor the show has lost. And showrunner Bryan Fuller of course.

Pablo is also gone?

Damn I made the right choice subconsciously when I stopped watching in the middle of season 2

2/3 of my favorite actors gone now with Pablo and Jones

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
This is a weird show to get involved with if you don't want to deal with social messages that might be uncomfortable.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen the second season(watched the first on like an epic free trial or whatever it was), but the slave boat scene with Mr. Nancy is definitely one of the most memorable scenes of the show.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the message of Mr. Nancy in the second season.

Gailman even made a kinda sequel about his character, so cutting him is weird.

I've watched season 1 and gave up on season 2 after the changes, but god damn this guy still keeps spitting fire.

Is the sequel people are talking about Anansi Boys? I've read that ages ago for some reason I can't remember.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I thought S2 was terrible already, so this pretty much seals the deal that I'm dropping this series.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the showrunner:

chic-eglee-8f3dece30a946123.jpeg

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
the folks who did "Win a Chance at Love with Tila Tequila" are problematic fucks?

i bet he is part of why Raising Dion isn't going anywhere. his imdb is a list of shitty television.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao every photo of the showrunner he's either dressed in a fitted or looks like a struggling jazz artist. Yet this type of Black stuff has him shook. Gtfo.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fucking Starz show and the show runner was scared of making white people upset in the third season? lol white people.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I am incredibly disappointed in this. This only proved that we need our own story so we can control our own narrative and not what someone else allows... Mr. Nancy was brilliant in every way. And this form of racism should die in Hollywood. Such an iconic scene.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I love how tv is just entertainment, except when it comes to niggas. I forgot the riots sparked by Mr Nancy that were a scourge to this country.

This show is trash without this guy. Done with it.