Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

amBX38d_460s.jpg

How is this real life.
White Man who likes to wear Black Panther and not the Marvel Character tee shirt as fashion statement, fires Black Actor because he believes he, the white man who wears fucking Black Panther tees as fashion, knows what's best for Black America, and apparently it's not Anger.... Black fucking Panther shirt

this is a fucking episode of the boondocks

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
For the record that's from October, but it solidifies that this idiot is in charge and apparently someone scripts everyone else involved lol

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Orlando Jones acting is slept on. And has been slept on for a eternity. I first peeped him in The Time Machine and been a fan since.

This shit hurts my very soul.

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
This whole story is wild. I loved the book but never check the show. The new show runner seems like the biggest tool around. Those pictures of him a page back speak volumes. This is honestly some Sorkin level white people bullshit

Dec 2, 2017
Jones has given an interview with Variety

"And all what I was told was, 'angry gets shit done' is the wrong message for black America, and that the new showrunner [Chic Eglee] writes from a black male perspective."

How is this real life.
White Man who likes to wear Black Panther and not the Marvel Character tee shirt as fashion statement, fires Black Actor because he believes he, the white man who wears fucking Black Panther tees as fashion, knows what's best for Black America, and apparently it's not Anger.... Black fucking Panther shirt

I was like 'WTF is happening in these posts' but then I saw that the guy's 68 years old and it all fell into place. He grew up in a media era where black emancipation was for Very Special Episodes. Where lessons were learned that made racism go away forever, and everything revolved around showing what a great person the white main character was.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I was like 'WTF is happening in these posts' but then I saw that the guy's 68 years old and it all fell into place. He grew up in a media era where black emancipation was for Very Special Episodes. Where lessons were learned that made racism go away forever, and everything revolved around showing what a great person the white main character was.
He's also delusional and thinks he understands what it means to be a black man.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Dropped it as soon as Fuller left. Looks like I was justified in doing so. Really enjoyed the first season, especially the Irish woman episode.

What is Fuller doing next?

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
They already killed off two of their best characters. One being Mad Sweeney and the other was Mr. Nancy, this show has lost all the things that kept me coming back, but this BS basically has sealed its fate for me. So long.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
I woke up to this news, basically missed it last night, and holy shit am I angry. Especially after reading this interview with TVLine. I love Orlando Jones' work and his Mr. Nancy was so damn good, I have no words for how jaw-dropping his first appearance was.

Who thought it was a good idea to get Eglee as a showrunner for this show btw? I fully understand the anger, not just from Jones, but from every fan. I hope those angry fans get shit done too, because this is pure bullshit. Not to mention the fact that when Jones returned for season 2 NONE of the characters of color were written for. Gaiman himself asked Jones to create a bible for his Mr. Nancy character, because of that.

According to Jones, he ultimately wrote for Ibis, Salim, the Jinn, Shadow Moon, and Sam Black Crow. What the F have you been doing as a production company then?

Eglee stating that Anansi doesn't show up in that portion of the book is kind of understandable, but after that whole ||Laura & Mad Sweeney|| thing in season 2, which deviated heavily from the book, it would've probably been accepted if they did the same for such a powerful character as Mr. Nancy.

I mean, during the time where Shadow
hides in Lakeside
they could've just as easily have shown the machinations outside of Shadow's world during season 3. It's no like everyone just stops doing their own things. Put some more focus on that, give some more depth to certain characters. That's how I would've done it if I was the showrunner.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Didn't he get fired for bullshit reasons from Sleepy Hollow too? I hope he isn't getting blacklisted :/ Jones is too good for this shit.

Didn't pay attention to this show since I can't watch Starz but it sounds like a dumpster fire behind the scenes. And Fuller left? Welp
Waaaaait a second he got knocked off of sleepy hollow because of some bullshit? I didn't know that, well I certainly remember being pissed he was gone but didn't realize at the time it was because of some bullshit. He was great on that show.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What a terrible mistake, the character and his message was very powerful.
I enjoyed the first season of the show but I dont think I'll be back for a third because the second was meh and shit like this kills any chance of it being good

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thankful I never tried, I never got invested. Current showrunner sounds like he's wearing his own colon.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I was talking to a friend of mine who is a HUGE Gaiman fan and is totally pissed about this. So while we were talking, they looked up what other things the new show runner did and noticed that he was responsible for the later seasons of Hemlock Grove and bugged out something fierce. Like I wished I knew it was gonna happen so I could have recorded it. That was so precious watching it lol.

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
Nansi was dynamite season 1, but they obviously had no direction for the character beyond his inception and season 2 Anansi was just a retread. Doesn't surprise me they'd do away with him, I feel that behind the lens the talent on this show isn't good enough to sustain him.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
N
I was talking to a friend of mine who is a HUGE Gaiman fan and is totally pissed about this. So while we were talking, they looked up what other things the new show runner did and noticed that he was responsible for the later seasons of Hemlock Grove and bugged out something fierce. Like I wished I knew it was gonna happen so I could have recorded it. That was so precious watching it lol.

Isnt Gaiman heavily involved at this point? He was reportedly unhappy with the liberties the first season took in adapting the book and then took the reins with S2, which, according to the review, already led to a way less exciting show.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Dude has written some episodes of The Shield and nothing else worthwhile from what I can see

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
N

Isnt Gaiman heavily involved at this point? He was reportedly unhappy with the liberties the first season took in adapting the book and then took the reins with S2, which, according to the review, already led to a way less exciting show.

If any the 2nd season took even more liberties. I don't think Gainsborough is involved at all after the start of the show.

The show was problematic from its start, losing its showrunner. But losing two main actress killed its momentum. Plus I don't think a short book like AG should be the basis os a multiple season series. Sure any Gaiman work can be expanded with more lore, but the book is a twist story, and to length it just lose the punchline, like a joke too long. Odin reveal was already late and no surprising.
Loki and the twist will only lose strength too

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

How is this real life.

Man what in the fuck is this white privilege bullshit.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
How is this real life.

im oddly intrigued in a slow down and watch the car wreck kind of way. A white dude who's sartorial choices (lol) show that he wants to portray himself as a hip-hop esque hardcore ally decides to get rid of arguably the most militantly black character ive ever seen on television, but is 100% confident it will keep that same angle because he writes from a black male perspective

*insert 'its a bold strategy cotton, lets see how this works out for em' meme*

i expect a new god called 'hip-hop' to pop up, speaking in 70's jive, complaining about 'white god crackers' when talking to other characters

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

How is this real life.

This is a goddamn farce. Holy shit, I'm dying here.