haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like someone could write a book about this show's production issues that's more interesting than the show itself. Maybe someone will adapt that for TV someday.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Wow, American Gods probably has the greatest amount of backstage fuckups I've ever seen on a show. They fired Fuller, lost two great actors because of that (Gileon Anderson adn Chris Obi), fired the second showrunner midseason and now fired Orlando Jones, while hiring the "Stay Woke" guy.

I absolutely love the book, but I abandoned the show at the start of season 2. Now I have absolutely no reason to go back, despite really liking the Lakeside chapters.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How is this real life.
White Man who likes to wear Black Panther and not the Marvel Character tee shirt as fashion statement, fires Black Actor because he believes he, the white man who wears fucking Black Panther tees as fashion, knows what's best for Black America, and apparently it's not Anger.... Black fucking Panther shirt

that guy looks like he escaped from a 3AM infomercial for dick pills

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

How is this real life.
White Man who likes to wear Black Panther and not the Marvel Character tee shirt as fashion statement, fires Black Actor because he believes he, the white man who wears fucking Black Panther tees as fashion, knows what's best for Black America, and apparently it's not Anger.... Black fucking Panther shirt

wait wait wait, you're telling me this guy is the showrunner of a premium cable television drama and not the valet at a holiday inn express? I don't believe it

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
So Orlando Jones isn't the only actor getting let go for this season:

doesn't seem to be quite the same for Mousa as with Orlando:

With that said, the new showrunner, a 60+ year old white man that "writes from a black male perspective", and the loss of Orlando, (And Gillian from season 1) and now the Jinn... yeah, first time in a while I might actually drop a show I've liked so far.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017

How is this real life.

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: Here's a clip from the showrunner's childhood lmao explains so much.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 was garbage anyway. There's really no reason to watch this show anymore.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad i stopped at Season 1 after Fuller and Green left. Looks like it's been an abolute shit show ever sense and it's shame. Both those characters and actors are great. Fucked up.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Oshun casting is breaking my timeline. What even with this show man. After Watchmen went out of its way to do what it did and succeed this shit with one of my favorite books hurts. Just throw the whole everything away fam.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I am not sure if this is against the rules here but:

I am a writer for The Geeks WorldWide. Tomorrow I will be holding an interview with Orlando Jones about American Gods. A few subjects will be his termination, his relationships with Gaiman, Eglee, Alexander, Fremantle and Starz. I also want to ask him if he can reveal some stuff that's going on BTS.

I am currently coming up with questions. I already asked Twitter and Reddit and I thought I'd ask here too:Are there any questions you guys want me to ask him?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure if this is against the rules here but:

I am a writer for The Geeks WorldWide. Tomorrow I will be holding an interview with Orlando Jones about American Gods. A few subjects will be his termination, his relationships with Gaiman, Eglee, Alexander, Fremantle and Starz. I also want to ask him if he can reveal some stuff that's going on BTS.

I am currently coming up with questions. I already asked Twitter and Reddit and I thought I'd ask here too:Are there any questions you guys want me to ask him?
I'm not sure if he has mentioned this already, but I'd like to know if he'd be willing to go back to the role if it is offered to him again in the future.

Also, tell him to make Evolution 2 happen.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I liked the first season and even liked the changes they made, but my roomie and I stopped watching season 2 midway through because the show was just bad from the get go of episode 1 for that season. It did not help that two of my favorites (Gillian Anderson and Chris Obi) left and made me not like the show as much anyways.

In either case, I'm really glad I stopped watching LOL, I'm especially glad that I dropped my Starz subscription.

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped off season 1 the second Bryan Fuller left, which seems to be the right thing to do based off the reaction to season 2, but it makes me incredibly sad to see Orlando Jones treated like this. His character was one of the best parts of the original season.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, American Gods probably has the greatest amount of backstage fuckups I've ever seen on a show. They fired Fuller, lost two great actors because of that (Gileon Anderson adn Chris Obi), fired the second showrunner midseason and now fired Orlando Jones, while hiring the "Stay Woke" guy.

I absolutely love the book, but I abandoned the show at the start of season 2. Now I have absolutely no reason to go back, despite really liking the Lakeside chapters.
Fuck, I knew about Gillian (who was great, and her replacement paled in comparison), but no wonder I never saw Anubis again. The little we saw of him was fucking great, and left me wanting much more!

Man, fuck this show. That's ridiculous.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Oh my days, this is a fictional piece of work. This is an objectively stupid decision that was not well thought out.