• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Capcom's reason for not "being able" to port the game are dubious so I'm not surprised.

But I don't care even one bit as I wouldn't buy this game on any system. Never liked MH.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'd also say that Adam Boyes tweeting Capcom about porting Monster Hunter World to the Switch at almost 12:00AM Pacific on a Friday/Saturday night makes it sound like it could be a drunk tweet.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sounds like someone didn't get a devkit.
"At the beginning getting the hardware was a little bit difficult...the bureaucracy is always there and is sometimes frustrating. The time they take to approve a build (even if it's a small patch) or the reasons why some builds are rejected can be a bit difficult to understand."

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...is_impacting_devs_in_the_game_porting_biz.php

That wasn't a serious tweet by Kris Graft btw

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what kind of visual sacrifices would have to be made to get MHW stable in performance in the first place? OR Capcom could just you know, localize MHXX for us westerners to scratch that MH on Switch itch.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now after the dust has settled I'm not sure if I even want it on switch. It's only redeeming quality (to me) would be severely compromised (the graphics) and the rest would be just as lackluster. (don't care much about the QoL "improvements" apart vom the bugnet/pickaxe thing)
I'd rather have a different entry tbh

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if Iron Galaxy has a number of Switch-related contracts right now. I believe I read somewhere that a prominent Switch port house (might have been Panic Button) had to deny some Switch port requests, because they were getting so many offers and their team couldn't handle the workload.
If you can find a source on that, I'd be interested to read more.

Edit: Oh I see the link was posted already.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can find a source on that, I'd be interested to read more.

Edit: Oh I see the link was posted already.

That's the article, but I'm not seeing the statement that a studio (or studios) is having to deny proposals because of size and workload. I may have read it somewhere else. Perhaps in a tweet or a thread about said article.

Porting games to Switch appears to be a booming business right now, regardless.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
That's the article, but I'm not seeing the statement that a studio (or studios) is having to deny proposals because of size and workload. I may have read it somewhere else. Perhaps in a tweet or a thread about said article.

Porting games to Switch appears to be a booming business right now, regardless.

Probable this post but he never elaborated on it

Panic Button and Iron Galaxy (both have made Switch ports) have been contacted by A LOT of publishers trying to get them to port some games for Switch, they even have had to reject some projects because they can't handle the workload with their number of employees.

Mr. Capo

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather have MHXX localised and then have something like Monster Hunter 5 Portable G or something.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder what kind of visual sacrifices would have to be made to get MHW stable in performance in the first place? OR Capcom could just you know, localize MHXX for us westerners to scratch that MH on Switch itch.
Honestly, the ship kinda sailed for localizing XX, as it'd be seen as a downgrade in a post-MHW world. Either porting World or, in the more realistic scenario, doing a separate Gen 5 game for the Switch would be a better use of Capcom's time.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
In some cases port-begging is silly and that's one of such cases.

MHW isn't even fluid 30 FPS on base PS4 and textures aren't amazing. Maybe Capcom just doesn't want to release a game that will stay below 30FPS or be super ugly. That's not really shocking.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
They want to strap MHW to a table and pull out a butchers knife. I can't watch *covers eyes*

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Let's be honest, he's undercover for PlayStation still...

/s

Nah but really, I'd love a Switch version of MHW.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I would rather have a game with all the QOL changes made in World but with assets made for the limitations of the console than trying to for this game on the Switch.

I don't care if the graphics are like XX even. That doesn't matter.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
giphy.gif

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's still fundamentally the same game. So while it's not the vanilla 360 version it's still a game from the 2011 era.
Which is far different from MHW which already has troubles on PS4/One.
It's an enhanced remaster but not exactly the same no. Improved assets and a new lighting engine that are above and beyond the original, which didn't exactly run great on 360 and PS3 either now that you bring up performance.

No it's not like MHW, but Skyrim Switch isn't a PS360 port either.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, son. Capcom will come around and make Generations 2 for Switch. They have yet to have a big project for Switch and they can't ignore its success much longer.

Boyes and his team should pursue less likely games to port. I recommend MGS games, especially 4 or 5. We got first three games on handhelds, someone needs to bring rest of them too.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair MH3 did get ported from Wii to psp, and that tech gap was the same or smaller than the one between ps4 and switch.

But with that said, if Capcom plans on porting it, they'll do it themselves. They weren't even willing to outsource the pc version.
MH3 and MHP3 are different games.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should create a twitter spam bot asking people "but what about the Switch?!"

But real talk, how will the game look like when it runs at 860p ~25fps on the Xbone?

Status
Not open for further replies.