• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's been over a decade since their last wrestling game I believe, who knows if they even have the same staff or ability to create the games to the standards people are expecting anymore.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
when u see aki man again u gonna cry happy tears

I'll be smiling this wide...

latest

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Taz, and yeah as for an AEW game the bar *thumb gesture* is so low vs the WWE 2K titles they couldn't possibly fuck it up imo.

I haven't bought a wrestling game since Raw 1 and 2 on OG Xbox and the Smackdown vs Raw ones all much better than the shit we've been given recent years. TNA game wasn't too bad either iirc.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Also, here is Spears' theme:

Gotta pay 99 cents for it, but the sample gives you an idea of it. Sounds pretty great.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
An AKI game from AEW would be incredible marketing. Crazy to think otherwise.

The last true AKI game was Def Jam: Fight for New York and the graphics still hold up.

latest

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He deleted his account for some reason.
Deactivated rather then actually deleted I think but I guess that's related. I've never seen deactivating the account temporarily losing most followers like that though. Maybe those were bots WWE paid for to pad his follower count when he was there which he got rid of?

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Nah I could spend hours upon hours on a modern day version of the AKI games. Obv there'd be improvements and advancements made there to compete with the good stuff the 2k games do like CAW and Career modes.
The CAW was nuts. Just the fact that in AKI games you had sixteen base grappling moves for a front grab blows my mind. (Weak grapple: up+a/down+a/side+a/neutral+a, same but with b; then strong grapple with the same mirroring)

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
I often daydream that if I won the lottery I would clone the AKI engine and have a career mode with fictional versions of real federations.
I want to like FirePro but for some reason I never can get it down.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I could receive literally the exact same game modes and graphics as present in No Mercy 64, but with today's moveset selection and cosmetics/ring attire/masks, and I would pay $60 for it.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Hoping and praying now that something is done about The Dark Order.

New music, new OTT entrance, new matching gear and a new name for the Kratos guy.

I'm a believer in the gimps.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd utter on a gaming forum but I digress.....

They should really lean into them, make Dark Order matches basically be glorified lumberjack matches where the tension comes from guys doing everything not to leave the ring out of fear of getting swarmed by the gimps or something.

Or just abandon the gimmick altogether *shrugs*

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping and praying now that something is done about The Dark Order.

New music, new OTT entrance, new matching gear and a new name for the Kratos guy.

I'm a believer in the gimps.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd utter on a gaming forum but I digress.....

They should really lean into them, make Dark Order matches basically be glorified lumberjack matches where the tension comes from guys doing everything not to leave the ring out of fear of getting swarmed by the gimps or something.

Or just abandon the gimmick altogether *shrugs*
They're not getting over as long as all of Evil Uno's 400lbs is overflowing out of those tights. I'm sorry, the guy can work, but goddamn dude, lose some LBs.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Evil Uno's weight is an issue. There's been hefty guys who have gotten over. It's Stu Grayson who needs to get something that doesn't look like closet cosplay.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Yeah, AEW has been half-assing the Dark Order presentation, and so have the two wrestlers themselves really. They've got no cohesion in their look! And just turning out the lights doesn't cut it for a spooky entrance in a world with Bray Wyatt's awesome firefly entrance, and like 15 years removed from the fantastic Brood entrance.

Dec 12, 2017
Finally got a chance to watch AEW Dark from Week 1.

Orange Cassidy is basically John Crawley from Art Of Fighting and i fucking LOVE it.

That hands in the pocket shit is top notch.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
An AKI AEW rumor? Or are people just wishing?
That would be amazing, even if only a few members of the old team are around.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
An AKI AEW rumor? Or are people just wishing?
That would be amazing, even if only a few members of the old team are around.
Not 100% wishful thinking. A while back Kenny asked the devs who have that engine to follow him on Twitter to discuss something and they did follow back. At the very least it seems they'd want that style game. More likely scenario is maybe a game in that style by Yuke's since they were already working on a separate wrestling game before splitting from WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.