• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else said it here already but if Dustin vs Cody is the worst fight on your card, you have a good card. Great promo.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In addition to Aja Kong and Yuka Sakazaki being advertised and Hikaru Shida signed/with nothing announced to do yet, the current card looks like

Hangman Page vs PAC
SCU vs CIMA and two TBA OWE partners
Kenny/Jericho 2
Britt Baker vs Kylie Rae vs Nyla Rose
Bucks/Lucha Bros for the AAA tag titles
Over the budget battle royal (confirmed participants so far: Sonny Kiss, Kip Sabian, Brandon Cutler, Ace Romero, Glacier, Brian Pillman Jr, Sunny Daze, MJF, Joey Janela)
Cody/Dustin

Cody/Dustin is easily the worst looking match on the card for me right now. If even that's "fine", it's hard to not say this is an impressive first show for a company. This is a very good card even with that match being the down point
That's a pretty worthy follow-up to All In when you lay it all out like that.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They should bill Cody vs Dustin as Dustin's retirement match.

I'm sure he can still go but AEW doesn't someone that's been wrestling since the 80s.
They are billing it as Dustin having "one last run" at least. The match probably won't be his last but he's probably not going to wrestle much longer.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I think Dustin will wrestle sparingly for AEW. He probably should retiree after the next two or three. He can stay as a regular appearing character for as long as he wants, but I'd hate to see the guy wrestle much longer as he gets older.

This should be his retirement match, but I think he's going to keep that door open. And cynically I think he'll keep it open longer than maybe he should. But I think he's winding down and wanting to sunset his in time work this way.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Goldust is weird because he was legit in the best shape of his career during that tag run with Cody like 5 years ago

So maybe he's in shape now and can keep going. I don't think anyone expect him to work 30 minute 4 star main event caliber matches. Some tag matches with his bro or 6/8 man tags sounds right up his alley at this point of his career.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll be surprised if it isn't.
Teaming Hangman with Cody and the Bucks is up there with helping with All in as one of their worst decisions. They lost their current biggest draws with Bucks and Cody leaving but they lost what could've been their future biggest star with them taking Page with them.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Goldust is weird because he was legit in the best shape of his career during that tag run with Cody like 5 years ago

So maybe he's in shape now and can keep going. I don't think anyone expect him to work 30 minute 4 star main event caliber matches. Some tag matches with his bro or 6/8 man tags sounds right up his alley at this point of his career.
Think he's returning from knee surgeries so no clue how he'll be now but he was suprisingly great prior to that.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see why they aren't building that match up better. Why are they fighting? To my knowledge, Cody never even cut a promo about how he always wanted to fight Dustin. Not to parrot Meltzer but they should've started as a team or they should build to that and another match sometime down the road. For me, it just feels like the build-up and set-up is "hey, Cody is fighting Dustin" and this doesn't help people care as much as they should.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed Kushida isn't a GCW wrestler.

His theme would have been Back in Time by Huey Lewis and The News.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Current card for Double or Nothing:

D4tVZfQXsAAa8c_

D4tVd5tWwAYVDgw

D4tVithW0AA6oRr

D4tVblgW4AIEwrP

DzP3fsrVAAIDrwS.jpg:large

Dz3VduuX0AESLhU.jpg

-SCU vs. CIMA and two others from OWE

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I just don't see why they aren't building that match up better. Why are they fighting? To my knowledge, Cody never even cut a promo about how he always wanted to fight Dustin. Not to parrot Meltzer but they should've started as a team or they should build to that and another match sometime down the road. For me, it just feels like the build-up and set-up is "hey, Cody is fighting Dustin" and this doesn't help people care as much as they should.

I'm 100% sure we are getting the reason and that story in the following weeks.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, guys. If you only watched the Dustin promo, the other eps of DON have been all match build up, wrestler background. They're already building a reason for Cody and Jericho to kill each other eventually. All In 2, baby!

Speaking of Road to DON, I need them to cover PAC already so we can watch him scaring children in the crowd.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they call All in 2 something other than "All In 2".

All In 2: All In Harder

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
For me, the set up is more meta. They really only had one match in wwe and they really didn't get to have that wrestlemania caliber match.

Knowing their history and knowing how they never had the chance to go all out... That's the build to me.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only things I'm excited about for Double or Nothing are Page vs Pac and Omega vs Jericho... And I'm mainly excited about the Omega match because I've only seen Kenny wrestle once this year. I've already seen that match.

Nov 23, 2017
A Best in the World triple threat between Jericho, Omega, and Punk would be just amazing lol. The Dustin promo was great but I do hope they build the match up more with future RTDON episodes.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

Looking like we might see
Leva Bates vs. Peter Avalon for the right to be The Librarian
Tension in the ranks of The Young Bucks?

Promo for Private Party
Also a teaser for Marty, not really a surprise given the title of the video.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to see what Private Party does. Both those dudes have huge potential.

They'll fit in well

Feel like that match would be perfect for Fyter Fest as it fits the goofy tone it already has with Nakazawa vs Jebailey. Wouldn't really fit well anywhere else.

Unless they're having a 10+ match card I'd hate to see them waste a spot on that match. You already have Jebailey v.s. Michael Nakazawa. They have a bunch of full-time talent who need to work.

I could see "The Librarians" as an act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.