• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Was just on the pages a minute ago

Pittsburgh
K2U0GpP.png

Charlestown
QlqM7Xr.png

Charlestown's a bit cut off due to Ticketmaster's dumb expansion size limit but there are a couple more bleacher rows down at the bottom that are fully sold out, it shows on the mini-stadium on the side that I kept cropped in because of that
If they don't sell out today. It'll sell out for sure after All Out and these late October shows feel a bit more visible in terms of card make up.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If they don't sell out today. It'll sell out for sure after All Out and these late October shows feel a bit more visible in terms of card make up.
Yeah, thats the thing if TV ends up really hitting it off, their fanbase can only get bigger and its going to help ticket sales.

Sometimes its easy to forget the real starting point for this company might not be until Oct 2nd.

Everything they have right now is just built off the back of fans they picked up along the way from the indies, NJPW and their vlogs. Its astounding how they've gotten so far with so little greater advertising behind them.

AEW could go belly up in a year and it still wouldn't take away from what they've accomplished here. TNA spent countless years trying and failing to make the difference AEW is in less than a year.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Was just on the pages a minute ago

Pittsburgh
K2U0GpP.png

Charlestown
QlqM7Xr.png

Charlestown's a bit cut off due to Ticketmaster's dumb expansion size limit but there are a couple more bleacher rows down at the bottom that are fully sold out, it shows on the mini-stadium on the side that I kept cropped in because of that

The Pittsburgh seating chart is inverted (stage is to the right of the hard cam). I don't think they've opened up the upper deck behind the hard cam yet for either venue, so these are just pretty solid first day sales.

I'd probably compare them to Fyter Fest, although I think both these probably sold more tickets easily in the first couple hours (probably 4k+)

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
The Pete kinda sucks as a venue for anything other than basketball games if you are a Pitt student. I imagine they would have done AJ Palumbo (Duquesne University's arena that is only a couple blocks from PPG Paints Arena) if it wasnt going through a massive remodel.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Sucks, but it's an opportunity to elevate a young heel in his place, I wonder who can they bring in on such short notice?

Oct 25, 2017
This is a super interesting development, actually. I wonder if this means Omega gets a title shot sooner rather than later. By the time these two finally meet in an AEW match I'm hoping one of them is champ. The hype of them finally facing off after a cancelled match and for the title would be through the roof.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say put him against mjf but they might be putting mjf in the cody/spears match so I dont know what they'd do.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real tragedy is this means we won't get his match with Barnett at Bloodsport. Not too fussed about the Omega match being delayed.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What if they keep Omega's replacement opponent a secret all the way to the match starting and then the American Males theme hits...

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of ridiculous that both my most anticipated matches for each AEW PPV get smoked by unforeseen circumstances.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Omega "I was meant to have a match here tonight but moxley wasn't able to make it due to injury but as soon as he's back he's gonna get the ass whipping he deserves.

Until then, I will see you all la *cult of personality interrupts*

I'll see myself out
*edit lol, never mind 😂

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny has corrected itself.

The match that was probably originally supposed to go down for the title is now going down anyway.

Niiiiiice. This is going to be fucking great if PAC is healed up.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I think that PAC was going to appear at All Out anyway and they already had big plans for him, I wonder if this affects the finish of the AEW championship match at all?

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
PAC was definitely scheduled to be a surprise at All Out if they are announcing this so quickly. Damn fine replacement.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has suffered from chronic hidradenitis, I know how crappy and painful staph infections can be. Hopefully, Moxley gets better soon. Shouldn't require extensive healing time. It sucks for Omega, who really hasn't had a chance to shine in AEW singles bouts. Cima has been his best singles match. But Moxley's health is the most important thing. Kenny vs. Pac should be awesome though. PAC seems more Kenny's style anyway. Fast and crazy. Moxley is more of a brawler. I wonder if this will affect AEW's openness in allowing wrestlers to work with other promotions given Moxley was going to be a huge draw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.