Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
signed jobbers is totally fine with me, we really don't need another Hangman Page vs Kip Sabian type situation

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
signed jobbers is totally fine with me, we really don't need another Hangman Page vs Kip Sabian type situation

I still don't think the concept of that match was bad, it was just poor execution and particularly a lousy performance by Page. I don't think they see Sabian as a jobber. I think they intended to give Page a strong victory over a guy that we're supposed to see as having great potential as well, and they wanted it to be a competitive match because they plan to push Sabian as well. In hindsight, the large focus on Page's knee injury didn't make much sense since they barely followed up on it in the Jericho match, and it dragged the Sabian match down unnecessarily.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Cutler and MJF now getting AEW into Muscle and Fitness magazine.

First reply in the OG post is from MJF himself.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this MJF stuff is incredible. He might be the king of working jabroni marks into a shoot brother

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Put MJF on all the talk shows and have him promote everything. He should be the top heel in the industry at some point.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously.

Its a crime if hes not on Conan before the debut.
They'd have to have some Conan tie-in, won't they? Whether he's backstage at the filming (if that's how that works) or just has a few people on, maybe provide some kayfabe drama to hype it up... it would be stupid not to do anything.

Shit, WB (or someone) created a comicbook identity for him... no reason he couldn't have a short-lived wrestling persona.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Bahahahaha. I did have to look who One Hour Tees were, but that shit is hilarious. I hope they actually make them.

Edit: Wait, they are legit. And they're taking the piss of the WWE or something?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
WWE made a bunch of super basic t-shirts in a rush to get them ready for NXT. Bucks are making fun of shitty t-shirts. :)
giphy.gif

Yeah, sorry. I'll keep it to AEW talk moving forward, at least for the rest of the day.

What will Cody be wearing for the debut on TNT? Solid Snake gear? Master Chief cosplay? A Link costume? I vote for reusing his Alucard gear from Double or Nothing.

giphy.gif
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=dungeons+and+dragons+costumes

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
MJF is the best heel in years man. But I feel like he's almost too good at his job to the point where he's making a lot of people, celebrities included now, fall for his shtick. (remember Enes Kanter got trolled by him too lmao)

I admire the commitment though and I hope he sticks with it.

edit: well to be fair I'm pretty sure Manganiello is in on the joke.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, lot of salt in those Twitter comments haha...

Means they're doing the right thing and micro-targeting the ads so wrestling fans see them.

You can probably carpetbomb people who like/follow WWE accounts in the US with AEW ads on social media for peanuts compared to a traditional marketing campaign.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From this week's edition of the Observer:

According to those at TNT, as we expected, the AEW weekly show will air live on the West Coast from 5-7 p.m., because it is treated as sports in the sports department. So that gives NXT an edge in ratings, since it goes prime time from 8-10 p.m. on the West Coast. In the WCW days, they would air Nitro twice, but when making comparisons, it was always just the first rating and never the combination, because of the idea the combination is unfair. Right now there are no plans for an AEW replay in prime time on the West Coast like they did for Nitro

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting anxious that there are no additional TV deal infos.
Assuming you want to watch it legally, for NXT a regular European will see that show two days after it was live. In times of the internet that's an eternity. If they can't make TV deals I would expect WWE to modify the Network so that NXT stays live for regions where there is no TV, and for AWE I would expect "temporary deals", or however you want to call them with Fite, maybe on a monthly basis so that you can leave when you have TV deals.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Assuming you want to watch it legally, for NXT a regular European will see that show two days after it was live. In times of the internet that's an eternity. If they can't make TV deals I would expect WWE to modify the Network so that NXT stays live for regions where there is no TV, and for AWE I would expect "temporary deals", or however you want to call them with Fite, maybe on a monthly basis so that you can leave when you have TV deals.
I think next week they should have a media blitz where they inform all of these details. Hopefully they will have media appearances by Jericho (the one last night was so good!) and probably send MJF to Conan (yeah, I think that they should do this 😁).

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite listed at 8 PM on Wednesdays on both the East & West Coasts (i.e. not live on West Coast) on Oct 2nd.

People on the Observer message board are saying there's a 1 AM replay showing up as well on their TV listings.

Oct 1st has All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite - Countdown to All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite from 8-10 PM

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite listed at 8 PM on Wednesdays on both the East & West Coasts (i.e. not live on West Coast) on Oct 2nd.

People on the Observer message board are saying there's a 1 AM replay showing up as well on their TV listings.

Oct 1st has All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite - Countdown to All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite from 8-10 PM
All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite - Countdown to All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite airs the night before All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anxious Canadian here. Cody keeps saying they are about to announce something - but nothing.

He is the new Soony.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I still don't think the concept of that match was bad, it was just poor execution and particularly a lousy performance by Page. I don't think they see Sabian as a jobber. I think they intended to give Page a strong victory over a guy that we're supposed to see as having great potential as well, and they wanted it to be a competitive match because they plan to push Sabian as well. In hindsight, the large focus on Page's knee injury didn't make much sense since they barely followed up on it in the Jericho match, and it dragged the Sabian match down unnecessarily.

The problem with that match is Page is he has no credibility himself, so how is he going to give anyone else a credibility boost in a competitive match. The booking of Page is really, really bad in terms of pushing him way too hard before he's genuinely got enough credibility.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The problem with that match is Page is he has no credibility himself, so how is he going to give anyone else a credibility boost in a competitive match. The booking of Page is really, really bad in terms of pushing him way too hard before he's genuinely got enough credibility.

Yeah, fair enough. Fortunately, it seems that they recognize that he's not ready and I would expect they back off on pushing him to the top again anytime soon. I hope Pac beats him too. He's definitely got potential- he's got a good look, he can get a pretty solid promo, and he's physically gifted and can pull off impressive moves. I think he's seriously lacking in the ring psychology part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.