Will Mercedes Monet debut on Dynamite(1/11)?

• Yes, she will debut and all the doubters will eat crow!

Votes: 82 50.6%
  • No she will not. They playing everyone like a fiddle!

Votes: 80 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2019
I have come to terms with the fact that Punk is probably coming back and legions of fans online are gonna be insufferable about it, especially if dynamite sees a ratings jump.

With regards to that Brody King tweet, that is fucking terrible considering Punk attacked his coworkers. If I was one of those involved I would be pissed off at him.

I can understand the "AEW needs to move on from Brawl Out, and have CM Punk and FTR vs the Elite to draw eyeball" vs this Jim Cornette level "The Young Bucks headbutted CM Punk's fist and poor CM Punk needs to return to save AEW from the Elite as Miseria Cantare blares"

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Ooof. Sucks to be like "hope it's just a broken bone" but yeah.
Yeah - it's definitely a "lesser of two evils" situation here.

Did we ever find out what actually happened on that last move/suplex? Did it just not get executed correctly or was the Bunny injured prior and was unable to properly execute that final suplex?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Is the JAS stuff good and I'm wrong or is it bad and Jericho must be stopped?. Mennard is fun on commentary, people like Jericho's theme song a lot, and I like the tag pairing of Garcia and Sammy. What happened to angry Jericho after losing to Andretti? Was it even worth it for the surprise Andretti win moment?

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Wishing The Bunny a speedy recovery - get well soon!

Orbital bone fractures are scary - mine didn't need to be operated on but you can still noticeably feel it by touch 8 years down the line.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Brody King saw the ratings for the Elite match

FonXWriXwAAk6NW
Punk is coming back and he's going to be the white meat babyface Meltzer craves.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Is the JAS stuff good and I'm wrong or is it bad and Jericho must be stopped?. Mennard is fun on commentary, people like Jericho's theme song a lot, and I like the tag pairing of Garcia and Sammy. What happened to angry Jericho after losing to Andretti? Was it even worth it for the surprise Andretti win moment?
Jericho is my most despised wrestler on the roster. JAS is fine. They shine more in backstage segments. The less matches the better. Rarely the worst part of the show for me apart from this week. Singing fans are annoying. Andretti was worth it for the crowd. Don't know what happened to angry Jericho but I also don't care.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The problem with the JAS stuff is that it always goes on for too long. Everything leading up to Ricky beating Jericho was perfect. Then it continued because TK wants it on PPV I guess, so we have to artificially prolong it.

I feel a lot of the storyline issues in AEW could be solved if TK realized that you can have 3-5 week programs that get solved on television instead of trying to load up every PPV with 15 matches.

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with the JAS stuff is that it always goes on for too long. Everything leading up to Ricky beating Jericho was perfect. Then it continued because TK wants it on PPV I guess, so we have to artificially prolong it.

I feel a lot of the storyline issues in AEW could be solved if TK realized that you can have 3-5 week programs that get solved on television instead of trying to load up every PPV with 15 matches.
Is it bad that I think 3 hours is the perfect length for a PPV? Like if they want it to be longer for the crowd at the building they could always do a hour long Buy-In or something. But really I don't think people would feel robbed if they got 3 hours of wrestling at a PPV event.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I think 3 hours is the perfect length for a PPV? Like if they want it to be longer for the crowd at the building they could always do a hour long Buy-In or something. But really I don't think people would feel robbed if they got 3 hours of wrestling at a PPV event.

The price for PPV tickets is really high, I felt a good value for 5 hours including the pre show at Full Gear. I could see 4.5 hours including pre show but just 4 is a normal dynamite/rampage/elevation.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
It's the definition of a mixed bag for me.

Pros:
  • Jericho has his moments of brilliance, like losing to Action Andretti
  • Daddy Magic has been pretty good on commentary for Dark/Elevation (whichever one he is on)
  • The Sammy/Garcia dynamic is pretty funny

Cons:
  • Inconsistent booking for Anna and Tay
  • Jericho's song is pretty old, at this point
  • The feud with Ricky and Andretti has not been good and, IMO, has killed most of Ricky's momentum
  • JAS feuds usually result in bad promos - see the "lisp promo" and frequent use of sexist remarks
  • Jake Hager doesn't bring much to the table
  • Not sure what they're doing long-term with Cool Hand

So, after typing all that out, it's clear I lean negative on the JAS.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017

I agree with you. Two hours for a weekly TV show, three hours for a PPV sounds right to me.

I have to take a good 15 mins break at the two hour mark in-between PPVs.

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Yeah - it's definitely a "lesser of two evils" situation here.

Did we ever find out what actually happened on that last move/suplex? Did it just not get executed correctly or was the Bunny injured prior and was unable to properly execute that final suplex?

Hayter went for an exploder suplex but looked like Allie sandbagged it. Either miscommunication or Allie was rocked by the earlier apron move. Thankfully Hayter protected her on the lariat finish. If it's not the orbital bone then maybe a concussion.

View: https://youtu.be/6OP37alaMPQ

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hayter went for an exploder suplex but looked like Allie sandbagged it. Either miscommunication or Allie was rocked by the earlier apron move. Thankfully Hayter protected her on the lariat finish. If it's not the orbital bone then maybe a concussion.

View: https://youtu.be/6OP37alaMPQ

You could see Allie clawing at her tongue just before it after the apron, I think her Tongue piercing may have gotten knocked out throwing her off.

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if ppl have said this already but the WTF episode where Maron interviews Jericho, Khan, the ref, MJF, Colt and Kingston is amazing damn. Made me an even bigger fan of MJF for staying in character and Kingston could not be more real. And Jericho, questionable shit he says about politics aside, is such a wealth of wrestling psychology damn

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Sting Darby promo for their inevitable Revolution match. Somehow Sting yelling about going out in a blaze of glory is intriguing

this promo. :/

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Butcher looks really good with a shaved head, and it creates a more unified look with Blade, too. I like this trio with Kip. They've got a complementary energy.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Stop making brian cage lose to the world.

also Britt storm ruby triple threat that was cancelled back Wednesday

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'm tuning in to Rampage in god knows when was the last time. What is this mess? "It's time for the main event" to Hangman's interview and then to the actual main event. Also, an Impractical Jokers segment?

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really not feeling this Lethal/JJ vs Best Friends/OC feud.
The Acclaimed added into the fray also feels like we've downgraded everybody involved well into the midcard territory.

---
Nevertheless, caught up on Dynamite not too long ago and Top Flight/Fox vs The Elite trios match would be something I would shill to non-wrestling fans even.

As for the Bunny, hope she is well on her road to recovery soon. Stuff like this is really hard to watch and none of the performers involved want this kind of thing to ever happen in their matches. Double bummer for returning to the ring not too long ago too, was hoping she got somehow rolled into the homegrown vs outsiders feud going on in the women's division.

Oct 8, 2019

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Solid Rampage tonight.

-Good opener between BCC and Butcher/Blade/Kip.
-Rad Darby/Sting segment setting up the beginning of the end for Stinger. "We're gonna go out in a blaze of glory." The Stinger able to make you feel things even in his sixties.
-Harmless Impractical Jokers segment.
-Dustin and Sw3rve segment had good energy. "Happy Black History Month." I'm actually really looking forward to that match and seeing if Keith Lee returns when it's over.
-Mark Briscoe segment was GREAT. He made me laugh and really popped on screen with his energy. Looking forward to seeing him in the ring on Wednesday.
-Strong Ricky Starks promo but HE JUST FACED Daniel Garcia, so I'm not that hyped for that.
-Solid match between Ruby and Marina. Marina is still pretty awkward in there, but I'm oddly fascinated by watching her and am rooting for her to succeed. WHOSE SIDE IS RUBY ON? Maybe we'll find out next Wednesday.
-Intense Hangman is best Hangman. That was cool.
-Jungle Boy is very good. Jungle Boy vs. Brian Cage will be very good.
-Main event was honestly my least favourite match of the show, but it was still good. Just slower than I was hoping for. I popped for the "My World" blare. LOL. Crowd was silent when the Acclaimed came out for the save. Dang. Don't think Bowens and Caster need to be a part of this feud.

The Mark Henry segment was way too weirdly cut. Were the pre-main event interviews taking too much time or something? So weird that they stopped doing them. Guess they're just trying something different and maybe have data to back up the change. Ah well.

Grade: 3.25/5

Dynamite looks okay but it's the weakest card they've had in around a month. That said, I'm still intrigued by much of the advertised stuff and fully expect it to be a good show.

G'nite.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I want Danhausen in the dark order still and have no interest in whatever that crowded ring was at the end.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Rampage women's segment was better than what we got on Wednesday.

Interested for the Ruby conclusion on Wed. Who's side is she on?!

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Butcher looks really good with a shaved head, and it creates a more unified look with Blade, too. I like this trio with Kip. They've got a complementary energy.

I actually get a bit annoyed at how often B&B change their look, it's like they're constantly trying new things to work out who their characters are supposed to be. For me the steampunk look is still the best and I wish they'd stayed with it.

I thought it was an ok Rampage with some highs and lows. Lee Mortuary v Orange was MOTN, Danhausen was hilarious on the segment before it (the Atlantic championship? Ocean championship? Whatever it is!).

BCC match was completely fine, looking forward to see where the civil war in the women's division is going.

Kip is a fantastic promo and in-ring performer and I hope that in this year of the younger talent getting a push he gets more TV time. What's the deal with Penelope's phone ?

Impractical jokers bit was awkward as hell but where is Jericho finding this elixir of Youth from? he looked as old as he did back in the attitude era. Ivelisse would be proud of the amount of no selling that the Guy in the white top did.

it definitely sounded like Hangman ate Moxley's ass lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.