• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Mercedes Monet debut on Dynamite(1/11)?

• Yes, she will debut and all the doubters will eat crow!

Votes: 82 50.6%
  • No she will not. They playing everyone like a fiddle!

Votes: 80 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
AEW CHAMPIONS

View: https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1609897297919320070

AEW looks to be on the upswing with many changes to all facets of the company. That includes things in front of the camera and behind it.
Let's take a look at some of the quality matches, moments and performers we've seen in the last few months:

With Rosa being out due to injury, Toni Storm had the Interim Women's Championship. After Full Gear and Jamie winning the belt, Jamie was crowned the official AEW Women's Champion and Toni's reign was legitimized
6X42gXb.gif
jamie-hayter-aew.gif

The best series of matches in AEW history, Death Triangle vs The Elite in a Best of 7 for the Trios belts:
UQsQBXq.gif
gilSkMD.gif

Jamie Hayter and Shida put on a classic for Hayter's first title defense
5meGcXn.gif
lGCRQzK.gif

MJF sends William Regal to the hospital, never to be seen again after Regal helps MJF win the AEW Heavyweight Belt.
08LJWG6.gif

Everyone Loves The Acclaimed! The Acclaimed get themselves massively over and become the World Tag Champs. This feud and losing the belts is also the driving force in Swerve in our Glory breaking up.
OGCNPaR.gif
lEiSKJA.gif

Ricky Starks has a short but star making feud with MJF:
oTPv2S9.gif

House of Black is back and wreaking havoc
8eDHFfK.gif
fO4W8fY.gif

10 turns on The Dark Order to join Rush's La Faccion Ingobernable, breaking -1's heart:
mFbltEI.gif
9pQJL2P.gif

Willow Nightingale becomes a fan favorite
IiZhdna.gif

Jade continues to be a star
SyP5pRz.gif

Samoa Joe destroys Darby:
5v0upxU.gif
WXU9eKL.gif

Rick Ross gifts us a great meme:
0lGkFxc.gif
07i56Sb.gif

Other fun gifs:
Qqt5DP4.gif
bwPPWtF.gif

l33SGay.gif
2Vqb8yt.gif

QArWH3J.gif
DOsl8f8.gif

lQtnyXn.gif
nx1okas.gif

Just going back around to this.

An AEW Primer

Where can I find out more about AEW?

Where can I watch AEW television and PPVs?

What if I want to catch up on EVERY episode of Dynamite?
You can! They're all available for free on BR Live.

Are there other AEW shows in addition to Dynamite?
Yes!

• AEW Dark: Elevation airs on Mondays at 7PM EST, and AEW Dark airs on Tuesdays at 7PM EST on the official AEW YouTube page. These shows largely feature unsigned and/or younger talent wrestling against main roster performers. Elevation has more of a focus on story and character moments, while Dark is usually just matches.

Is there any other ancillary content I should be aware of?
While not 100% necessary, if you want to go beyond official AEW shows, you can also check out:

List of AEW PPV events

en.wikipedia.org

List of All Elite Wrestling pay-per-view events - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org

VIEWING GUIDE (links provided when available)

Double or Nothing PPV (Watch all of it. Best wrestling show of 2019)

Road To Double or Nothing (sixteen 5-10 minute episodes. The "Road To" series is can't-miss in general)
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW ($14.99)
MUST WATCH: Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes
Cody's throne breaker entrance (in Alucard gear and sending the first message to Vince and Triple H)
Cody's now-infamous "I need my older brother" post-match promo
Jon Moxley's now-infamous debut backstage promo after the event
Post-show footage

Fyter Fest PPV (Free on BRLive.com. A fun show top to bottom. Worth the time)
Road To Fyter Fest Ep.1
Road To Fyter Fest Ep.2
Road To Fyter Fest Ep.3
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW (free)
MUST-WATCH: Cody vs. Darby Allin, Bucks and Kenny vs. Lucha Bros. and Laredo Kid, Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela lights out match
Also fun: Christopher Daniels vs. CIMA, Riho vs. Yuka Sakazaki vs. Nyla Rose

Fight for the Fallen PPV (Free on BRLive.com. A mixed bag of a show)
Road To Fight for the Fallen Ep.1
Road To Fight for the Fallen Ep.2
Road To Fight for the Fallen Ep.3
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW (free)
MUST-WATCH: Kenny Omega vs. CIMA
Also fun: SCU vs. Lucha Bros
Optional: main event between The Young Bucks and Cody/Dustin
Cody's post-show promo ("When this group goes to TNT this fall...are you coming with us?")

All Out PPV (Worth watching the entire thing. FIRST AEW CHAMPION IS CROWNED)
Road To All Out Ep.1 (these are ALL MUST-WATCH)
Road To All Out Ep.2
Road To All Out Ep.3
Road To All Out Ep.4
Road To All Out Ep.5
Road To All Out Ep.6
Road To All Out Ep.7
Countdown to All Out
PRE-SHOW
FULL SHOW (free): PART 1 and PART 2
MUST WATCH: Kenny Omega vs. PAC, The Young Bucks vs. The Lucha Bros, Hangman (on a horse!) vs. Chris Jericho
Post-show interviews (the birth of Jericho's early catchphrase, "A little bit of the bubbly!")
Jericho lost the title at a Longhorn Steakhouse. This was his video covering for it

-----
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.1
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.2
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.3
Road To AEW on TNT Ep.4
Countdown to AEW Dynamite special

AEW DYNAMITE STARTS!

Dynamite Episode 1, 2019-10-02
Cody vs. Sammy Guevara, Hangman Page vs. PAC, Riho vs. Nyla to crown first women's champion, Young Bucks/Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho(c)/Santana/Ortiz, formation of the Inner Circle, Moxley Paradigm Shifts Kenny through a glass table

Dynamite Episode 2, 2019-10-09
Hangman Page/Dustin Rhodes vs. Chris Jericho(c)/Sammy Guevara, Emi Sakura/Bea Priestley vs. Riho/Britt Baker, Jimmy Havoc vs. Darby Allin (#1 contender's match to face Chris Jericho), Jon Moxley vs. Shawn Spears, Tag Team Tournament (TTT) begins, TTT round 1: Young Bucks vs. Private Party

...that's all I've got for now
Where to watch:
USA: Wednesdays 8/7c for Dynamite on TBS, Fridays 10/9c for Rampage on TNT, All Elite Wrestling's Youtube page for Dark and Elevation
Canada: TSN Direct, with certain episodes airing on the network proper. For example, The First Dance is scheduled to air at 11 ET on TSN2.
Latin America: Space on Cable in English and Spanish (check availability for your country) as well as Canal Space on Youtube
Everywhere else: Fite.tv

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
After losing some steam for a few months it's starting to feel that AEW are really back to having engaging stories and a very compelling product with a good focus on the talent they should be.

I'm quite hopeful that TK has learned some valuable lessons recently and he seems to have a renewed focus which has shown in rampage also becoming some must watch television in terms of progression of stories and good wrestling.

Also going to quote my post from the old thread that got in just after the link to this thread:
I'm seriously tired of the Punk news at this point, not just because of it dragging down the good stuff AEW have been doing recently but mainly because I am sick and tired or reading countless online comments and wrestling news channels pushing the idea that they all need to make up just so they can keep punk and make money.

Punk attacked a colleague at work, technically his boss, and it resulted in two other bosses being attacked with a chair and getting bit and yet all fans and media give a shit about is the idea of making money.

There is just a constant brushing under the carpet of the fact he started a fucking fight and it resulted in colleagues getting injured and suspended for months with apparently no contact or knowledge about what their future held.

These are people and deserve to work in a safe and stable environment and yet no media and many fans give a fuck about that and just think money equals everything. Maybe the elite will decide to push it aside for business and if they do, fair enough, but that should be their decision and this constant push by the media and some fans is frankly pretty disgusting for me.

Maybe I'm just a dirty sjw who cares too much about people and not enough about making money but it's honestly really disheartening how much this narrative has been gaining traction.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
New OT seems like a good a time as any to say hi to you all. I've been lurking in the previous thread for a few months now; I'm in my mid-thirties and just started watching wrestling for the first time around May 2022 (Double or Nothing was my first ever PPV buy). I've watched a few different promotions' shows but as somebody with zero history with any of them AEW is what I keep coming back to.

Been great following the thread for the past half-year or so. Especially reading all the instances of doom and gloom and how the product isn't what it was a year or two ago when I've been really enjoying what I've been seeing without that frame of reference!

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
New OT seems like a good a time as any to say hi to you all. I've been lurking in the previous thread for a few months now; I'm in my mid-thirties and just started watching wrestling for the first time around May 2022 (Double or Nothing was my first ever PPV buy). I've watched a few different promotions' shows but as somebody with zero history with any of them AEW is what I keep coming back to.

Been great following the thread for the past half-year or so. Especially reading all the instances of doom and gloom and how the product isn't what it was a year or two ago when I've been really enjoying what I've been seeing without that frame of reference!
Hi👋

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Nice to see some new faces, especially to wrestling 👍

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
AEW has been genuinely good recently! It still has a few things that I have go-away heat with (namely Jarrett/Lethal, long Jericho segments, Britt Baker, and the Bret Hart cover band FTR) but ever since Full Gear, they've been nailing it! Less ROH (and hopefully they get their own show soon!), THE CORONATION OF QUEEN HAYTER, the return of The Elite and the absolutely legendary Best of 7 series with Death Triangle, Samoa Joe being the King of Television, build-up of a blood feud between Hangman and Moxley, House of Black running roughshod, the MJF reign of terror? What a time to be tuning in!

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Copy/pasting this from the previous thread!

Let's have some fun - make a wild 2023 AEW prediction. Mine is Kota Ibushi will sign with AEW and make his debut January 11 after The Elite win the best of seven and Death Triangle jumps them after the match like they did a few weeks ago. ibushi will come out to save them, reuniting the Golden Elite.
Less of a prediction, more of a prayer.
- Big E makes a full and miraculous recovery and is cleared to wrestle again.
- New Day run through the WWE tag division, declare they have no teams left to face
- The Elite's music plays, they invite them to fight for the trios titles on THEIR territory
- New Day and Elite fight to a draw, both agree to a winner-take-all match at Wrestlemania (or Summerslam, depending on how long this cooks)
- Elite wins, all 6 of them hug and congratulate each other, I break down in tears

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

if you're enjoying the show, then that's all there is to it. just be weary not to read this thread on non-show days otherwise you'll work yourself into a shoot, brother

anyway, new OT for the new AEW, noice

aight i gotta get back to watching stardom

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's the blind spot in Dax's "We're here to set up the future of our business" argument. By making money? Alright. Ever thought about what making clear that getting assaulted was a rock-solid reason never to work with someone again would do for the future of the business?
Yep, exactly.

I just think the fact people who have no stake in AEW as a business championing the idea of money above all is really disgusting. I shouldn't be surprised because successful YouTube channels are primarily driven by people who obsess over finances and the idea of not doing something that would make them money seems like a foreign concept to most of them.

It's also not surprising I suppose since most media and Wrestlers for that matter haven't really held professional office jobs and as such think that sweeping stuff under the carpet like this is fine.

Again if the elite do decide to let it pass that's up to them but people need to move on and just focus on the product and not obsess over hypothetical money that other than merch sales can't really be attributed to one singular person.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, exactly.

I just think the fact people who have no stake in AEW as a business championing the idea of money above all is really disgusting. I shouldn't be surprised because successful YouTube channels are primarily driven by people who obsess over finances and the idea of not doing something that would make them money seems like a foreign concept to most of them.

It's also not surprising I suppose since most media and Wrestlers for that matter haven't really held professional office jobs and as such think that sweeping stuff under the carpet like this is fine.

Again if the elite do decide to let it pass that's up to them but people need to move on and just focus on the product and not obsess over hypothetical money that other than merch sales can't really be attributed to one singular person.

I work as a VP in insurance. I had a highly successful member of the sales team who didn't see eye-to-eye with me and a couple of coworkers. When our CEO had a big meeting with investors and press, this worker hopped into the call and verbally tore us and the company down for about 25 minutes. He ripped into our work ethic and how little we did for the company (even though we were in the company before him) and talked down to the CEO like he owned the company. I went into his office, along with the head of HR and head of Legal. As soon as I opened the door, he fucking physically assaulted us! He punched me in the head and threw a chair at someone else! The CEO had an investigation done, we were all suspended, but the only one not back is the attacker. Now, the worker has a small number of people in the company and even people he sold to, asking us to bring him back in order to "make money".

Spoilers, this specific story is fictional and this wasn't even about me. But could you imagine how this story sounds in any other line of work? The fucking audacity of people who don't realize how completely unhinged Punk was, and how unacceptable it was?

Leave the carny bullshit in the past where it belongs. The Bret/HBK shit was brought on TV? Well tbh it fucking shouldn't have and you (not you, Dirtyshubb, the people on Reddit and the few even here who argue it "for the money") know it.

If Punk apologizes to The Elite, Hangman Page, and the locker room at large, and they collectively forgive him, *only then* would it be okay to bring him back in. And even then, it's Tony's company, and who knows if he will ever trust Punk again. I guarantee you that the insurance CEO wouldn't trust the sales lead.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Okay how large of a Starbucks gift card would Punk have to give the elite for them to move on? $750?

edit: per person of course, but just the bucks and Kenny not the extended elite.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I work as a VP in insurance. I had a highly successful member of the sales team who didn't see eye-to-eye with me and a couple of coworkers. When our CEO had a big meeting with investors and press, this worker hopped into the call and verbally tore us and the company down for about 25 minutes. He ripped into our work ethic and how little we did for the company (even though we were in the company before him) and talked down to the CEO like he owned the company. I went into his office, along with the head of HR and head of Legal. As soon as I opened the door, he fucking physically assaulted us! He punched me in the head and threw a chair at someone else! The CEO had an investigation done, we were all suspended, but the only one not back is the attacker. Now, the worker has a small number of people in the company and even people he sold to, asking us to bring him back in order to "make money".

Spoilers, this specific story is fictional and this wasn't even about me. But could you imagine how this story sounds in any other line of work? The fucking audacity of people who don't realize how completely unhinged Punk was, and how unacceptable it was?

Leave the carny bullshit in the past where it belongs. The Bret/HBK shit was brought on TV? Well tbh it fucking shouldn't have and you (not you, Dirtyshubb, the people on Reddit and the few even here who argue it "for the money") know it.

If Punk apologizes to The Elite, Hangman Page, and the locker room at large, and they collectively forgive him, *only then* would it be okay to bring him back in. And even then, it's Tony's company, and who knows if he will ever trust Punk again. I guarantee you that the insurance CEO wouldn't trust the sales lead.
Ex-fucking-actly!

When you swap it out for any other work environment it comes across completely deranged to argue that the most important thing is to bring him back because they can make more money.

Honestly as I get older, the idea of using this as a work being the most important aspect less and less appealing because all I can think is "work shouldn't be like that and it's harmful to encourage it'.

The wrestling media have pretty much all been arguing for it to happen, even the big ones and it's infuriating. Funnily enough I think the only ones who haven't argued for it are Meltzer and especially Alvarez because they can appreciate how fucking serious the situation is. When you have SRS who prides himself on treating workers right, arguing that he wishes they would move to past it so they can turn it into an angle and make money, it really shows how messed up some people's priorities are.

Oct 8, 2019
Ex-fucking-actly!

When you swap it out for any other work environment it comes across completely deranged to argue that the most important thing is to bring him back because they can make more money.

Honestly as I get older, the idea of using this as a work being the most important aspect less and less appealing because all I can think is "work shouldn't be like that and it's harmful to encourage it'.

The wrestling media have pretty much all been arguing for it to happen, even the big ones and it's infuriating. Funnily enough I think the only ones who haven't argued for it are Meltzer and especially Alvarez because they can appreciate how fucking serious the situation is. When you have SRS who prides himself on treating workers right, arguing that he wishes they would move to past it so they can turn it into an angle and make money, it really shows how messed up some people's priorities are.

These people just live in the past, where wrestling companies had a few regular people and then everyone else was just passing through but now you have utter midcard wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler employed for 15 years in the WWE. It makes no sense to to keep people who have pissed off the locker room to the degree that Dave Meltzer is calling for more company meetings.

View: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1609971962700533762

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
The problem I had with Dax is he wanted to get it out there how Punk was doing good things for the roster and they should get past this. No request for apologies of course. No "what he did at the press scrum hurt the company and Punk needs to recognize that along with how it lead to the altercation backstage". Nah. Think about those gift cards. That coffee stash. That restaurant trip that was paid for. How can a generous man be wrong? And if you don't want to go down that road because you're not supposed to talk about it, don't bring it up on a podcast.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
But listen, he gave people advice after dark matches. Surely that negates disrespecting the CEO in a public forum, calling one of his co-workers an empty-headed dipshit, questioning the management of the company, punching a co-worker in the face, and making a major PPV all about him.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
These people just live in the past, where wrestling companies had a few regular people and then everyone else was just passing through but now you have utter midcard wrestlers like Dolph Ziggler employed for 15 years in the WWE. It makes no sense to to keep people who have pissed off the locker room to the degree that Dave Meltzer is calling for more company meetings.

View: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1609971962700533762

Speaking of, it seems Dax is getting called out by Alvarez now too lol.

View: https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1610036355077402624?t=aiIQ8c26NQaxh70UZ0jzKg&s=19
Edit* I see cjelly beat me to it

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Hello AEW-Era.

I made introduction into the last OT after attending the December 28 live show and taping in Broomfield, CO. I had a blast and am committed to going to every Colorado AEW show in the foreseeable future and will try to keep up as best as I can in between! This will be my first full OT cycle for any wrestling threads here on the site and I'm jazzed to dive in!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it wasn't actually Dax but his co-host on the show:

View: https://twitter.com/mattkoonmusic/status/1610045532612747264?t=naMGuLEvU_dIcDAldhnm3w&s=19
Either a completely idiotic thing to do or total bullshit to try and save Dax lol.

"I wrote the tweet"

Tweet: "(I) love being talked about…"

The fuq? This podcast's gotta go.

Hello AEW-Era.

I made introduction into the last OT after attending the December 28 live show and taping in Broomfield, CO. I had a blast and am committed to going to every Colorado AEW show in the foreseeable future and will try to keep up as best as I can in between! This will be my first full OT cycle for any wrestling threads here on the site and I'm jazzed to dive in!

Welcome, friend! Great to have you! Lots of wrassling excitement right now.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to say the posts made under my account that you don't find funny weren't made by me and if you think that's all the posts then I was never here.

Elevation hype.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
New AEW, new thread, new profile pic for me.

Same old pro wrestlers. Seriously, how hard is it to understand? The Elite didn't press charges. I'd say that's about as close to "working it out" as you can even hope for if you're Punk's friend/fan. And frankly, even that seemed more than generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.