Will Mercedes Monet debut on Dynamite(1/11)?

• Yes, she will debut and all the doubters will eat crow!

Votes: 82 50.6%
  • No she will not. They playing everyone like a fiddle!

Votes: 80 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The point his making is that WWE grew more this year in both ratings and attendance while AEW didnt, basically instead of the gap shrinking like in 2019-2021 the gap between both promotions widened in 2022 with WWE having the incredibly successful Bloodline story, the return of Cody Rhodes being the best return of the year, and the Bray Wyatt story increasing ratings, and merch sales.
Whilst some would argue otherwise, an increase in business doesn't mean an increase in quality and so just because WWE have improved their ratings, ticket sales and other aspects, that doesn't mean it puts on the best product.

Before someone jumps in to attack this line of thought, think about the movie industry. Does the best selling movies each year represent the best quality films? No, of course not.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Whilst some would argue otherwise, an increase in business doesn't mean an increase in quality and so just because WWE have improved their ratings, ticket sales and other aspects, that doesn't mean it puts on the best product.

Before someone jumps in to attack this line of thought, think about the movie industry. Does the best selling movies each year represent the best quality films? No, of course not.

Yeah WWE is a gigantic media company. There are a lot of factors that go into their success other than just straight booking decisions. It's hard to compare what a booker does for WWE vs what they do for a smaller promotion.

Oct 8, 2019

The point his making is that its the booker's job to make money

Its a problem I have had with Tony where I got actually angry when he stated he looked at cagematch.com to see if he was doing a good job, and not like the audience of the shows he went too.

Here's a story Meltzer loves

View: https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1274781543454568448?lang=en

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah WWE is a gigantic media company. There are a lot of factors that go into their success other than just straight booking decisions. It's hard to compare what a booker does for WWE vs what they do for a smaller promotion.
Yep.

I big argument for why WWE is doing as well as it has been is because they are now on peacock. That alone has opened up their audience a tonne and as a result, increased engagement with their product. It's a big reason why they keep touting how successful their ppvs are in terms of viewers, because people are basically getting them for free.

All that extra engagement is bound to have some increase in other areas such as ticket sales.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a horribly awesome idea: pair Rush up with Jarrett
Have Jarrett teach him the ways of being a big main event superstar
Have Rush strutting, then beating the shit out of everyone

edit: also, what the fuck is up with Butcher? he looked super sunburnt in the battle royal

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Screenshot_20230224_175239.jpg

Bucks reading Charred Knight's posts

Last edited:

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Anderson Silva once said that the only person who could beat him was his clone. He was proven very wrong! But maybe it's true for Heel Jade…

Cam

Oct 27, 2017

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
And there were plenty of people who the Internet tried to shame for asking to be in, and Jade shut the haters down. Was real great stuff. She can still be a face and be That Bitch.
I suspect that if the women's outsiders vs. homegrown angle gains traction, the obvious next step is for Jade to lose the belt and then join the homegrown group as a face.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame if NJPW isn't using Aussie Open, I'm loving them every single time I get to see them

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
They need a security guard for that light switch.

Great match. Stupid HoB lights on lights off lights on gimmick.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Was that Komander in the Face of the Revolution ladder match? That man about to do some crazy shit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EzekelRAGE

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
As someone who has never seen Aussie Open before tonight, I dont get the hype, especially to sign them to AEW.
8XtOsNF.gif
BWpgDCa.gif

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
You know what would be hilarious, but also fun? Elite gets Riho to counter Julia

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has never seen Aussie Open before tonight, I dont get the hype, especially to sign them to AEW.

Try to catch their match vs FTR at Royal Quest 2, their matches in the last World Tag League, or their matches with Will Ospreay vs Death Triangle or Kenny and the Bucks during the first AEW Trios Tournament.

They were looking a bit rusty out there - understandable if they've been sitting on the sidelines since Tag League. As I said, Davis bulked up since then and it doesn't seem to be doing him any favours. Between this and his recent tweet, I hope he is in an ok place mentally.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
What a deeply layered women's story doing the same Chase arounds and belt gestures.

I do like the follow up plan to attack the men's tag teams though, and jade promo even though it's way behind time to find challengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.