• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd assume if you're on UE4/5, or rather UE5, that'd be more TSR rather than FSR right? AMD making it a bit confusing lol, hopefully it gets cleared up tonight.
no. temporal super resolution is an Epic creation. different from FidelityFX Super Resolution. you can possibly have TAA, TSR, FSR, and DLSS in a game

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
no. temporal super resolution is an Epic creation. different from FidelityFX Super Resolution. you can possibly have TAA, TSR, FSR, and DLSS in a game
Ooh I must've misread the press release cause I knew they were different, but I understood it as AMD developed both. So in that case, TSR is Epic's baby with AMD input/involvement whereas FSR is full AMD?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh I must've misread the press release cause I knew they were different, but I understood it as AMD developed both. So in that case, TSR is Epic's baby with AMD input/involvement whereas FSR is full AMD?
I don't think AMD has any involvement with TSR. I feel like people are misinterpreting that AMD post (Nvidia made a post too the same day). we don't know to what extent UE5 is "optimized" for AMD (or if that just means that the engine's focus on consoles lift the PC boats)

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think AMD has any involvement with TSR. I feel like people are misinterpreting that AMD post (Nvidia made a post too the same day). we don't know to what extent UE5 is "optimized" for AMD (or if that just means that the engine's focus on consoles lift the PC boats)
Yeah I should've put the input/involvement in quotations cause it came off as marketing speak more than anything. Alright then, I have a more clear idea of how it's all going down now.

Now I'm really curious to see FSR in action lol.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'd assume if you're on UE4/5, or rather UE5, that'd be more TSR rather than FSR right? AMD making it a bit confusing lol, hopefully it gets cleared up tonight.
One solution could work better than the other depending on the type of scenes in the game. I imagine it'll plug into UE5 relatively easily so devs can choose whatever works best for their visual makeup.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Numbers for Godfall look great, but the IQ is the most important part, balanced might take too much of a hit, it kinda already does in DLSS to be honest at balanced, so i would be surprised if FSR holds up.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Gonna be interesting seeing the adoption rate going forward, but I'm totally expecting a GSync vs FreeSync scenario part 2.
The two situations aren't at all comparable in such a 1:1 fashion. Real G-Sync requires the customer to purchase a much more expensive monitor which has a physical module installed.

DLSS is implemented by developers on the software side, and they are incentivized to do so by the number of gamers with Nvidia cards who value the implementation as a part of their buying decisions.

We don't even know that FXSR is easier to implement.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The two situations aren't at all comparable in such a 1:1 fashion. Real G-Sync requires the customer to purchase a much more expensive monitor which has a physical module installed.

DLSS is implemented by developers on the software side, and they are incentivized to do so by the number of gamers with Nvidia cards who value the implementation as a part of their buying decisions.

We don't even know that FXSR is easier to implement.
They are definitely incentivized and it's a fantastic selling point for nVidia users, but even then the rollout of DLSS 2.0 seems slower than one would expect. A big difference here too, if it'll even be done, is if FSR goes back to previous gens of AMD GPUs. As a 5700 XT owner who doesn't really care to upgrade just yet, that's what I most want to find out.

At the end of the day it's all fun speculation and I'm ready to see just what exactly AMD has been working on. I still believe being on PC+consoles will give AMD the adoption edge over nVidia.

OP
OP
Raydonn

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 minutes to go and it already has more viewers than Intel's event.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Enthusiast gaming GPUs to consoles to... Tesla and phones. We (meaning I) want midrange gaming GPUs! With nerfed mining so they will actually be buyable.

FSR compatibility
OP
OP
Raydonn

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Works for AMD and nVidia, dating back all those GPU gens. Wow AMD, damn good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.