• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to make this thread until I absolutely had to, but since I just found out my timing is wrong, this thread needs to go up.

E2gDAmuVEAAUyKo

What topics will be discussed? No one knows for sure, but the rumours point to FSR, AM5 and Zen 4 news.

E2PAvdZWYAUH11m

AMD is famously known to mic drop one new product at the end of each Computex Keynote.

AMD Computex 2016 - Zen is introduced:
www.youtube.com

AMD Live at Computex 2016

AMD is proud to bring you the livecast of our presentation at Computex 2016.TABLE OF CONTENTS:3:18 – AMD President and CEO, Lisa Su, discusses the company’s ...

AMD Computex 2017 - Threadripper is introduced:
www.youtube.com

AMD at Computex 2017

The best is yet to come! Watch AMD’s press conference at Computex 2017 in Taipei. Originally broadcast live on May 31, 10 AM CST. Visit amd.com/computex for ...

AMD Computex 2018 - First 7nm GPU introduced:
www.youtube.com

AMD at Computex 2018

Watch AMD’s press conference at Computex 2018 in Taipei, showcasing high performance product leadership and innovation.

AMD Computex 2019 - Ryzen 9 3900x introduced:
www.youtube.com

AMD CEO Lisa Su’s COMPUTEX 2019 Keynote

Watch AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su's keynote at Computex 2019 in Taipei, speaking to the next generation of high-performance computing.Discover more: ht...

What will be introduced this time?! Guess away!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kinda figured FSR would be at a radeon event. guess it could be here too, especially if that June rumor has truth to it

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm most interested in FSR as I just built my am4 machine, so no upgrades any time soon :P

OP
OP
Raydonn

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
kinda figured FSR would be at a radeon event. guess it could be here too, especially if that June rumor has truth to it
Of note, I didn't see AMD listed anywhere for E3 this year, so if there is going to be any gaming related news, I would believe this is the event to watch.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe an early look at RDNA 3? Stacked chips for Zen 4?
way too early for RDNA3. they haven't even put out all of the RDNA2 cards yet

Of note, I didn't see AMD listed anywhere for E3 this year, so if there is going to be any gaming related news, I would believe this is the event to watch.
true. it's just that AMD doesn't sound all too certain themselves. though I guess that could also be intentional to not get us too excited

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the best thing they could announce is "our products are actually going to be available to buy in the next couple months." Kind of hard to care about any new announcements when you can't actually buy anything.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping we get some insight into FSR. Very curious to see what kind of results it can get and how much performance it frees up

Oct 25, 2017
I want to hear about X570S at computex. I already have a b550 itx board thats perfect for my needs, but it would be interesting to see a X570s itx bifurcation capable board.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after UE5, I'm more interested in how FSR compares to TSR and TAA Gen 5 rather than DLSS 2.1

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to AMD's innovations for AM5 and Zen 4. RDNA 3 content would be nice too, since it's rumored to be signficantly more powerful than RDNA 2, but it might be too far out to get a technical marketing push just yet.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So they confirmed the FSR and it's no longer a rumor?
Edit: NVM, I thought the event already happened. XD

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't FSR confirmed when they announced RDNA2? Pretty sure they said it exists but wouldn't have details until it was further along.

We only heard about patenets from both Sony and AMD but no real official statement was given.
A week ago, we got a rumor calling it GSR, then later another rumor calling it FSR, but the official solution for AMD machiens came from Epic in advance and called their own TSR.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We only heard about patenets from both Sony and AMD but no real official statement was given.
A week ago, we got a rumor calling it GSR, then later another rumor calling it FSR, but the official solution for AMD machiens came from Epic in advance and called their own TSR.
?? They've had slides for it with the official name of FidelityFX Super Resolution.

Seaweed

alt account
Banned
May 27, 2021
OOS within the first hour of release of whatever it is they will be presenting. Will come out this summer, too.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
the patent was first filed in 2019, so the name just changed over time

I see. So officially have FSR from AMD for all games if the devs want to use it, or TSR from Epic in UE5 games only, and Sony is cooking their own solution too.
I bet more companeis will have their own SuperSampling solutions too, stuff like how they got their own AA and AO methods.

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
It's exciting to see the tech improvements, but at the same time PC hardware supply is so messed up that you can't really get too excited about what you see.

OP
OP
Raydonn

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If FSR is revealed and is truly backwards compatible with previous gen arch, it would be a game changer. (If it is as impressive as some people say.)

RDNA 3 is supposed to be up to 3x as fast as the 6900XT, which is already the fastest GPU currently in traditional rasterization, but with huge power caveats. I wonder if they'll hint to it. It's not taped out yet, and won't release until later in 2022. It'll be the first MCM GPU. Rumours point out that apparently Nvidia's Ada Lovelace arch won't be ready until possibly 2023, so AMD might have a sizeable lead in performance for months.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Is FSR only for more recent RDNA cards? What about Fury and Navi cards?

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
If FSR is revealed and is truly backwards compatible with previous gen arch, it would be a game changer. (If it is as impressive as some people say.)

RDNA 3 is supposed to be up to 3x as fast as the 6900XT, which is already the fastest GPU currently in traditional rasterization, but with huge power caveats. I wonder if they'll hint to it. It's not taped out yet, and won't release until later in 2022. It'll be the first MCM GPU. Rumours point out that apparently Nvidia's Ada Lovelace arch won't be ready until possibly 2023, so AMD might have a sizeable lead in performance for months.
I've been thinking about this for a while. Ada isn't even supposed to be MCM, it supposedly exists because their MCM architecture was delayed. If an MCM design does what it did for AMD's CPUs, Nvidia might not only be releasing Ada to catch up to AMD - they might not even be able to take the crown back. That's really weird to think about.

But like you alluded to, part of the advantage of MCM is allowing for bigger overall designs, which comes with more power draw; Nvidia could still be leading in performance per watt. AMD also has some catching up to do in RT performance among other features.

Status
Not open for further replies.