• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Very likely going to build with AMD next year once DDR5's become available to consumer market, assuming there is any stock anywhere, so definitely checking out what AMD has on roadmap.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Let's see what Infos we get. Not overly excited for this, but I take any information xD

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I still have a 3600x from last year and I'm not planning to upgrade.

I'm more interested with FSR.

Torian

Aug 16, 2019
My 8700k (@4.9) is making me close to being cpu bound on certain games (especially bfv). I'm think I can last till the end of next year with am5 so I'm definetly interested in what team reds Roadmap is...

RDNA2 Mobile Announced

Dakhil

Mar 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
Oct 25, 2017
That was quick.
videocardz.com

AMD announces Radeon RX 6000M laptop graphics card series with RDNA2 architecture - VideoCardz.com

AMD Radeon RX 6000M finally here AMD announces its Radeon RX 6000M series. AMD Radeon RX 6800M, the flagship RDNA2 mobile SKU The RX 6800M will feature Navi 22 GPU with 2560 Stream Processors. This mobile graphics card will be equipped with 12GB of GDDR6 memory and 96MB of Infinity Cache. This...
As expected the 6800M has the full Navi 22 die with a slightly downclock compared to the RX 6700. Sounds quite good, although that TGP.... Damn. The most interesting for me is the RX 6600M. Same die as the RX 6600/XT desktop but with the same amount of Stream Processors as the desktop RX 6600. And it has 8GB of RAM while the RTX 3050(Its direct competitor) only has 4 GB.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
it's enabled by default and can be set by a command line

here's Epic's comparison (no uncompressed screens unfortunately); native 4K on top, 1080p >4K on bottom

TSRNative4K.png

TSR1080p.png
This looks great to be quite honest.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
That was quick.
videocardz.com

AMD announces Radeon RX 6000M laptop graphics card series with RDNA2 architecture - VideoCardz.com

AMD Radeon RX 6000M finally here AMD announces its Radeon RX 6000M series. AMD Radeon RX 6800M, the flagship RDNA2 mobile SKU The RX 6800M will feature Navi 22 GPU with 2560 Stream Processors. This mobile graphics card will be equipped with 12GB of GDDR6 memory and 96MB of Infinity Cache. This...
Scratch two off my bingo post on previous page.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I want to build a new PC, but if they switch over to LGA, which would be great, I won't be able to upgrade later

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
If FSR turns out to be very competent then where does this leave nvidia and tensor cores lol.

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Me too. Has anyone done a good demonstration of TSR/performance stats or is that not in the early access built yet?

A bit late to this but I saw this earlier today and it compares the options currently available in UE5.

I wouldn't say it's as good as native out of the box (my understanding is that the default settings currently used can cause a noticeable loss of detail when the rendering resolution is lowered), but I think for a relatively early version it's pretty good and appears to get better IQ than the TAAU solution they started with in UE4, at similar performance.

I think in the end DLSS will probably be the winner in the Quality:Performance ratio, but consoles, AMD GPUs, and games without DLSS support still have pretty good options.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a GSync vs FreeSync scenario part 2 in which FreeSync won out in their end for mass adoption despite GSync being more technically impressive.
I'd imagine unless it's total garbage, or can't be effectively deployed to current consoles, it will probably be adopted pretty widely. I mean it's not like there's another option on consoles, other than things like checkerboarding or temporal upsampling, which you'd think this will be able to outperform.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Except that outside of AMD buying sponsorships and locking out Nvidia users, there is no reason games can't offer both DLSS and FSR.
I don't think AMD will go as far as buying out sponsorships (but in this day and age, you never know), it'll be just more widely available instead when factoring in consoles and PC. So it may become a game of one is naturally being adopted across multiple platforms and therefore the ports, so it'll then be seen as the de facto option.

Gonna be interesting seeing the adoption rate going forward, but I'm totally expecting a GSync vs FreeSync scenario part 2.

I'd imagine unless it's total garbage, or can't be effectively deployed to current consoles, it will probably be adopted pretty widely. I mean it's not like there's another option on consoles, other than things like checkerboarding or temporal upsampling, which you'd think this will be able to outperform.
I assumed (and I could swear was what AMD has said) is that AMD held it back for so long cause they want it on PC+consoles simultaneously, boosting the adoption.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk they touted RAGE mode too and that seemed to fizzle out. Tentatively excited but will wait for GN and whomever else to put it through the paces.
I'll wait for Digital Foundry for IQ tests. such a thing isn't exactly in the wheelhouse of GN and others.

I don't think AMD will go as far as buying out sponsorships (but in this day and age, you never know), it'll be just more widely available instead when factoring in consoles and PC. So it may become a game of one is naturally being adopted across multiple platforms and therefore the ports, so it'll then be seen as the de facto option.

Gonna be interesting seeing the adoption rate going forward, but I'm totally expecting a GSync vs FreeSync scenario part 2.

I assumed (and I could swear was what AMD has said) is that AMD held it back for so long cause they want it on PC+consoles simultaneously, boosting the adoption.
if you're on UE4/5 or Unity, I don't see why wouldn't use both. it's built into the engine/used as a plug-in and probably will be for FSR

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
A bit late to this but I saw this earlier today and it compares the options currently available in UE5.

I wouldn't say it's as good as native out of the box (my understanding is that the default settings currently used can cause a noticeable loss of detail when the rendering resolution is lowered), but I think for a relatively early version it's pretty good and appears to get better IQ than the TAAU solution they started with in UE4, at similar performance.

I think in the end DLSS will probably be the winner in the Quality:Performance ratio, but consoles, AMD GPUs, and games without DLSS support still have pretty good options.
Pretty much my take on it. Really fascinated to see how good reconstruction gets as the gen goes on. So much research being done on it from different companies.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
if you're on UE4/5 or Unity, I don't see why wouldn't use both. it's built into the engine/used as a plug-in and probably will be for FSR
I'd assume if you're on UE4/5, or rather UE5, that'd be more TSR rather than FSR right? AMD making it a bit confusing lol, hopefully it gets cleared up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.