• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Insider includes a bulleted tl;dr right up to, so I'll just quote that.

"OK." -Boomer

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Terrible jobs with no/bad insurance. No money due to student loans, unable to afford treatment. No time to go to appointments due to terrible jobs. Being handed a worse situation than your parents, and then blamed for it and constantly have any help ridiculed or taken away

It takes its toll.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have the numbers for it, but I think millenials will die earlier simply because we're going to hit retirement age and will be forced to keep working jobs that don't pay a wage befitting elders and we can't do anything else. So you work until you can't work, and then you die.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wonder if blue cross has an internal report on how to drip-dry these same suckers until the day they die.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TEENAGERS M I RITE? LOL MILLENIALS WITH THEIR YOUTUBERS AND SNAPSCHATS

"Sir millenials are almost 40..."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They said we were killing boomer businesses, but they were really killing us all along

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get it.

Looming Climate Crisis

Losing faith in most institutions and goodwill

Growing economic disparity

Being mocked for bringing these realities up and saying we should do something about them

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
;(

The depression thing rings completely true. There's a lot more stress and pressure on our generation because of the ridiculous amount of student loans that are strangling us.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I get it.

Looming Climate Crisis

Losing faith in most institutions and goodwill

Growing economic disparity

Being mocked for bringing these realities up and saying we should do something about them

Being called a thug and a radical when you do start to do something about it.

;(

The depression thing rings completely true. There's a lot more stress and pressure on our generation because of the ridiculous amount of student loans that are strangling us.

That 401k thread we had here a few days ago was fucking depressing.

Oct 27, 2017
Of course the study is done by a for-profit health insurance company which in of itself is hugely responsible for that rapid decline...

facepalm.gif

It's like an arsonist doing a study on why victims of targeted arson are likely to be imperiled.

Love that the advice is to take better care of your health, especially mental/behavioral health, and then admitting that the barrier to doing so is the obscene cost of healthcare that they are largely responsible for causing.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotally speaking, it's hard not to notice this. Most everyone I know is struggling and desperate. The government and capitalism are eating us alive.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Milennials are killing fast food chains, fabric softeners and themselves, study says.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're (we) are Generation Zero. Zero prospects, hopes, and futures in the way we've arranged things.

This gets people down. Worse, it won't change through reason and a collective awakening, but it all breaking down on itself.

Oct 27, 2017
They said we were killing boomer businesses, but they were really killing us all along
This is the art of deception and projection which the Boomers have mastered.

Exhibit A:

images

Exhibit B:

giphy.gif

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have major depression and anxiety, and just the initial psych eval for new medication is going to cost me $300+. That of course is outside of the monthly costs of the medicine that might actually help me (it was recommended by my therapist after a few months of visits). That is a good chunk of my paycheck, and despite working full time, I can barely even afford to buy the groceries I need, let alone medicine. The reason I stopped my medication prior was due to expenses, even with insurance. Now I have no insurance and it's even worse. However, I know I'm not alone in this battle, and it often feels like trying to claw out of a hole that's just a bit too deep. Our generation is pretty fucked at the moment, and signs aren't pointing to anything fixing that.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Man it's almost as if America's system isn't working for society...

Cue a dumbass to inject anecdotal individual examples of it working for them or someone they know

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm finding that moralism disproportionately impacts certain people. I think it's easier for (emotionally) healthy people with stable lifestyle to shrug off moralistic attack. But it seems to have the effect of hurting the less fortunate because it seeks to deny them optimism and mentally taxes them with everyone's problems and they already may not have sanity to spare. Internet information firehoses accelerate this.

I guess awareness is something but there are no real solutions I've seen.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
With Millenials and Boomers dead, Gen X and Gen Z will have to clean up the mess.

I kid.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boomers won. You are dying while they consume your inheritance.

Envision, if you will, a boomer sucking the marrow from your bones.

Oct 27, 2017
Millennial here, can confirm. Thank god others have more money than they will every need though and people even here will defend them instead of being concerned about my inability to see a doctor. I'll priorities for a hundred Alex.
Sorry. Self medicating here with an illegal drug that is easier and cheaper to get than American healthcare.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for the nurses having to deal with thousands of complaints about the pillows not being soft enough and the TVs not having Netflix access.