• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
That space football thing I forget the name of is reasonably okay-ish and might find some random buyers.

About that (Space Strikers) I love that the developers wrote "We're working on a game that could ONLY be made on this machine.". And then show the game using regular joypads...

(by the way, the game is being published on PC too with the title "Graviators"... judging by their FAQS...)

Last edited:

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
The Amico version of Breakout looked fun and that Nightstalker could have been alright. I'm not sure either one of those games exist beyond the demo reel stuff though. I occasionally play Tempest 4000 on Switch and I scooped up those Recharged Atari games on Steam, I'd probably pay $5-$10 for Breakout or Nightstalker on something I already own.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Must be amazing to completely fail at a project then slide right into another gig, while getting a check from the old one

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I picked up a copy of the current issue of RetroGamer Magazine (at least current outside the UK), and it's cover article was an Earthworm Jim retrospective. The final paragraphs of the article was looking to the future of the franchise with quotes from Tommy about EJ4 on the Amico. That blurb is probably going to be the very last non-critical mention of the Amico by a publication.
I'm inclined to believe that no new EWJ game was ever in development at all and was all part of this ponzi money-laundering scheme. It felt like one big PR move to gauge interest in this thing.

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017

Hans Ippisch, the European President of Intellivision, is no longer in that position. He's now only an executive consultant/advisor with Intellivision, and he's working with a company called Holoride.

The end is getting closer.

After a quick googling, holoride want to put VR devices on car passengers, to make the ride more enjoyable. VR give nauzea an headache alone, I can't imagine how worse it will be in a moving car. Looks like this guy goes from one bad idea to another.
Funny thing, I had one former coworker that pretty much did the same, going to compagnies at their worst time, including working for Philips during the CD-i era. Luckily he only spent 6 months with us after getting along with no one.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
After a quick googling, holoride want to put VR devices on car passengers, to make the ride more enjoyable. VR give nauzea an headache alone, I can't imagine how worse it will be in a moving car. Looks like this guy goes from one bad idea to another.
Funny thing, I had one former coworker that pretty much did the same, going to compagnies at their worst time, including working for Philips during the CD-i era. Luckily he only spent 6 months with us after getting along with no one.
Jesus christ, how did that not get laughed out the room? I can only imagine drivers getting slapped around by people acting like idiots in VR Chat.

That must be the gag right? Ride out one bad idea until it close to the end, then on to the next.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Wow, what an awful idea, I could definitely imagine that being disorienting. Beyond that it's shitty for the driver too. Passengers absorbed in VR and the driver just has no-one to talk to on a journey, it seems so damn rude. I suppose it could be for Uber or whatever but it just seems like someone had buzzwords on a notice board and threw darts at it to find combos they could turn into an idea.
I look forward to NFT Dishwasher and Vibrating Toilet.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
A unique emotional day I will never... *DELETE*

At least someone is finally brave enough to push the boundaries of travel sickness beyond our current understanding.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I honestly don't even think EWJ entered the design stage. They all got together and had a barbecue on the investor's dime and that was it.

I'd wager the EWJ footage was entirely faked, too. I'm at the point where I don't even believe it was in any engine.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
There was another one a few days ago, too

naKBB9S.png

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Do these morons not realize how many other morons are constantly hashtagging or @ing Musk?

Never mind that he only does things that will garner him attention, and nobody gives a shit about the Amico, let alone knows what it is.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do these morons not realize how many other morons are constantly hashtagging or @ing Musk?

Never mind that he only does things that will garner him attention, and nobody gives a shit about the Amico, let alone knows what it is.
I mean, they fell for Tommy's weak little schemes...

Side note: i wonder how people like Elon even manage to use Twitter. Their notifications must be constantly spammed.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I'm inclined to believe that no new EWJ game was ever in development at all and was all part of this ponzi money-laundering scheme. It felt like one big PR move to gauge interest in this thing.
I'm starting to think this way about most of the Amico's games, honestly. Even if they're all real, they look like they were thrown together in a week tops. (That isn't even an exaggeration, either: one of the folks on r/Intellivision_Amico has routinely shown them up by making fully-playable mimic games in <24 hours.)

The lack of any new footage in forever (aside from a massively-downgraded Cornhole) has also become super suspicious.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man. Those tweets to Musk are incredibly... pathetic.

Wishful thinking: It'd be great if he tweeted out

"Oh! I had an Intellivision when I was younger!

No."

Jackano

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they fell for Tommy's weak little schemes...

Side note: i wonder how people like Elon even manage to use Twitter. Their notifications must be constantly spammed.

I think I remember there is option that allow them to only receive notifications from verified accounts tweets or @'s.

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly don't even think EWJ entered the design stage. They all got together and had a barbecue on the investor's dime and that was it.

I'd wager the EWJ footage was entirely faked, too. I'm at the point where I don't even believe it was in any engine.
I'm still trying to figure out who thought/thinks anyone cares about Earthworm Jim, a series that wasn't particularly good in 1993/1994, in 2022.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

Pat and Ian's response to Holoride is exactly what i went through when i heard about it

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I'm still trying to figure out who thought/thinks anyone cares about Earthworm Jim, a series that wasn't particularly good in 1993/1994, in 2022.
I mean, most of the Amico's library are zero-budget remakes of games that weren't particularly good back in 1982. EWJ's a youngster comparatively!

Real talk, though: EWJ4 is mostly just getting signal-boosted by Tommy because he did the soundtracks to the first two games back in the day (and of course is big buddies with EWJ creator Doug "the LGBT crowd are waging a culture war against meeeee" TenNapel). Out of all the "games" going down with this sinking ship, I'm happiest at that one. Even if it really is just a basic concept at this point.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Even if the Amico managed to stumble and fall into a launch that Earthworm Jim game was never going to surface. Calling it a "game" when the only thing to exist was a conceptual animation is a huge stretch, even.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you enjoy Worms! It started as just a game for me and my mates, so it's always cool to hear from other people who like it.
Its not unusual for me to be wearing a gaming t-shirt and todays one by random chance features a Concrete Donkey.
I also love the games & still play them mostly on Amiga - thank you!

Obligatory Amico? How can this be still dragging out? Its like a pantomine comedy death scene of thrashing about and refusing to lie still while the audience is audibly getting sick of laughing and getting uncomfortable.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Its not unusual for me to be wearing a gaming t-shirt and todays one by random chance features a Concrete Donkey.
I also love the games & still play them mostly on Amiga - thank you!

All hail the Concrete Donkey!

Obligatory Amico? How can this be still dragging out? Its like a pantomine comedy death scene of thrashing about and refusing to lie still while the audience is audibly getting sick of laughing and getting uncomfortable.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but someone's just posted a video about that actually.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but someone's just posted a video about that actually.

Geez, yeah...

X7YqtNV.jpg

I think even 10% is being a little too optimistic.

I've had this video clip bookmarked for whenever the Amico finally, and definitively, crashes and burns. Since it's getting dragged along so long, I'll just post it now anyways.

Amico stans be all...

5Le2iXt.jpg

Interesting. Well, I guess maybe not that interesting, lol.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I looked over that this morning several times and just could not parse so gave up.

Francois invented a whole new genre of meme that works on a level solely decipherable by an audience of one, and he's obviously still at it even now. I refuse to accept this guy is a god tier troll - I'd desperately love it to be so, but he's obviously just very fucked in the head in a very specific way.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
"Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft sales are slowing down so now Amico can shine" is some serious Disco Stu Graph logic.