• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
They couldn't help themselves but to go back to the well of their past glories to sell the Amico.
This is a sad trailer.
Talking about their history and yet again going back to their "experienced" team and the money they've raised. Why would families care about any of that?

Yet another video aimed at investors pretending to be aimed at users. It's groundhog day with these people.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming they're basically out of money or so close that the ugly work of shutting down is imminent, and Tommy doesn't want to do that work.

This is probably a last ditch effort for funds.

All speculation, but better odds of being right than the Amico releasing!

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Lots of the Amico usuals in the comment section. I wonder if they get a heads up and asked to go and post positive comments right away.

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
62f38cf0-32fe-4942-8df3-8349d5c58617.png

Another year, another round of crowdfunding. Add this to Fig, Republic and Fundable.

www.startengine.com

Intellivision

New Family-Friendly Game System

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I wonder if they could get in trouble for using all those game logos in the trailer? They surely don't have permission, and I wouldn't imagine the companies want to be associated with such shady shit, especially now it's used for yet another fundraiser.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I love how shitty that

HELLO!
I'm Amico.

graphic is. The text is left-aligned for some reason, it seems to be too high in the word bubble, just incredible low-effort work.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
I wonder if they could get in trouble for using all those game logos in the trailer? They surely don't have permission, and I wouldn't imagine the companies want to be associated with such shady shit, especially now it's used for yet another fundraiser.

Legalities have not stopped them from claiming J Allard, Amazon, Crayola, Qualcomm and Walmart are all "partners" or "employees" previously

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Lolwut?! They're harking back to the past, talk about retro games, yet have a NES in the "bad" pile along with a load of other retro system? These guys are marketing geniuses!
They haven't put thought into it, or effort. Someone got two minutes to find an image that might illustrate the notion that modern gaming is complex, so they just Googled for "pile of games consoles" and picked the first result.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I need to take some business pointers with the amico folks, seems to be working for them

"please invest in my art. my audience is... literally every person on earth who can see it! billions and billions of people of all demographics across the globe. just give me your money"

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Finally, a console for families! An audience of 3 billion? Where can I go to invest in this; the future of gaming?

I think that's the response they were looking for, at least.

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
It looks like they're trying to shuffle around their assets, not sure why. The new Utah headquarters address provided appears to be the home of the VP of Finance (please don't be creepy, mods please delete if this is out of line).

I think each of the families was photographed in the same room/studio in that photo shoot, presumably the people from this casting call.

I thought it was funny how the backs of the controllers had prominent stickers with FCC regulatory labels on them. Also, lots of disclaimers that nothing was final and everything was subject to change. And the actors in the video were a lot more diverse than the Intellivision team.

Just for laughs, I'm tracking their public FCC filings by signing up for updates. If they've passed their certifications, they're not telling anyone.

Meanwhile, Tommy Tallarico chose today to reveal that he is looking after his dying father.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
I hope he doesn't use his dying father like he associates the birthday of his dead sister to sell an investment scam masquerading as a retro console. Whose IP he picked up at the funeral of his newly-departed friend Keith Robinson.

That would be crass.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They showed a bunch of brands at the end including Star Wars. WTF? Where's the Star Wars game?

Amico financials

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK

Oh, if you click More it has their financials

Very interesting. As of last financial year-end they were $8.7m in debt with a $3.2m loss for the year and $428k cash on hand.

They made $40k revenue in that year, and $136k the year before, so pre-orders and physical game sales have been, uh, not great.

The fundraising docs have a few more nuggets of info too:

• RRP will be $250 to $350
  • Launch to start within 6 months.
  • Manufacturing 2,000 to 5,000 units per month.
  • Confirms all games will be NFTs.
  • Only 15 games at launch, including the 6 pack-ins.
  • Tommy is only on $96k (he got a raise in 2021), the rest is stock options.
  • John Alvarado got a paycut ($18k less) in 2021.
  • Many of the people used in their advertising are not employed by the company ($0) and only "work" 15 minutes per week.
  • Their Chief Marketing Officer is on $152k - what does this person do all day?
  • They paid $1.35m to Ark for manufacturing but they had a contract dispute and may not get it back.
  • Their auditor issued a "going concern" opinion with "substantial" doubts that they will succeed as a business and will be unable to continue beyond this year without additional financing.
  • They have $3.1m in loans from board members, and are paying 10% annual interest on a quarter of those (and $1.1m interest is accrued and unpaid), plus $1.6m in promissory notes at 5% interest.
  • They need a LOT more money, at least another $5m on top of the $5m they want from this - they will be doing another fundraise even if this one is successful (Reg D next time).
  • While Tommy is the largest shareholder, he does NOT own a majority - only 28.8%.
  • Tommy lied when he said there was tens of millions of dollars from big outside investors. The bulk of the money has been director loans and the crowdfunding, besides that there was $3.2m in convertible notes in 2021 (possibly the Republic funds?) and $3m in equity (the bulk of which was in mid 2019).
  • "Based on current fundraising strategies, it is estimated that the company can operate until July 2022 without generating any revenue."
  • Only planning to make 1 game every 2 weeks going forward.
  • They have prepaid some components and the board will offer a line of credit (terms undisclosed), and hoping to get some lines of credit from manufacturing contracts currently being negotiated.
  • Trying to raise $10m from venture capital firms (guessing this is what Delaware was about - sounds like a buyout), which is the amount they need to successfully launch.
  • "If no other sources of capital are raised and if only the minimum [$10k] is raised as part of the CF offering the company would only have operating cash for one to two months."
  • If they raise $5m from this crowdfund, it would only "fund the company for approximately 7 to 9 months".
  • LOL Sudesh loaned them $675k on horrible terms - they need to pay him $100 PER AMICO SOLD (all the preorders!) until paid back, PLUS a $202k fee.
  • Heh their $30m company valuation is based on a 15x ROI.
  • Up to Oct 2021 $9.5m was spent on R&D (h/w + s/w).

A3gUXzp.gif

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Now, I'm in no way a financial wiz, but that all seems like really, really REALLY bad news for Intellivision to me. Especially when you factor in that Fig "deal" and what targets they have to hit due to that. They're just desperately trying to get enough together to scrape up a short run and minimise their losses at this point, because there's no way they can actually think they'll attract a buyer for this absolute shitshow of a company. $10 million in investment? They'll be lucky to get $10,000 from a few more suckers on Fig.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
  • They paid $1.35m to Ark for manufacturing but they had a contract dispute and may not get it back.

Imagine being caught up in the hype and investing in the Amico, only to later learn that Intellivision... basically just lost the money.

Your contribution meant nothing. It didn't bring the console anywhere closer to fruition. Tommy just left it in the pocket of his jeans when he did laundry.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
"Sudesh loaned them $675k on horrible terms - they need to pay him $100 PER AMICO SOLD (all the preorders!) until paid back, PLUS a $202k fee."

LOL, with those terms I'm guessing they plan to collect the debt in Tommy's organs when he doesn't pay.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
It's an even bigger shitshow than I imagined.

Next few weeks should be quality entertainment 🍿