Votes: 4 11.8%
  • February

Votes: 20 58.8%

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks I put my order in at like 30 seconds after site went up but it took 9 minutes for them to process the order so I'm stuck in B land.

Toothdrinker

Dec 16, 2021
Ordered as quick as I could and still Group B. I expected that though, so not too disappointed - gives me time to get my old Game Gear collection out of storage and what not anyway. Christmas 2022 will be a good one..!

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Group B, #992xx. Amazing what ordering in the first 10 minutes won't get you. A merry Christmas 2022 to all my B-bros.
I guess even if I order a dock and screen protector now they won't be too far behind.

OP
OP
SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I might be taking my Pocket with me to Japan, March 2020. Neither happened :(

If anyone knows the suffering of waiting it is your boy, SoH. I believe in you. You'll make it.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what is causing them to not have a readily available stock for a screen protector lol.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Order #115XXX and got group B Q4 2022. Makes my decision to cancel it easier to make. After watching some reviews, and most of them praising the device, I don't understand why it's not seen as a bigger issue that the game cartridge can be a bit loose and may cause the game to freeze for just setting down the console on a table.

I think I'll wait for a revision that fixes that and hopefully allows for dumping the cartridge directly to the device.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
yay! Q1 2022 order #879XX.

For the record, no accessories, just the unit (white).

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
My Pocket Order# lines up with other Group A's here...But haven't got the email yet.

My accessory order is probably gunna be 2023 which is a bummer.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn group B with 91xxx. I must have been so goddam close.

Really bummed. Especially with being in the second batch for Steam Deck, which got delayed.

And PlayDate also being delayed.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Oh, I see you can check from the confirmation email. 904xx good for Group A. 119xxx for Group B.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide if I am gonna cancel or not. Q4 2022 is so far away, not sure how I am gonna feel about it by then

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide if I am gonna cancel or not. Q4 2022 is so far away, not sure how I am gonna feel about it by then
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat right now, tbh. If we can't guarantee we'll even have them by this time next year.

The Steam Deck will be here long before that, and there's a good chance I will have moved on by then. Maybe I should cancel and put the money towards a MiSTer.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Group B - Order #106XXX but I only ordered a dock and a game gear adapter. Will mull over cancelling it.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Huh, my fire red save appears to have disappeared since putting it in the pocket. How weird.

I've seen a couple reports of similar thing happening. A couple questions:

Was the cart removed before you noticed the save being wiped?

If you removed the the cart did you remove it while in sleep mode or did the cart get unseated and then reseated?

Were you returning to play from sleep mode or was the powered all the way off?

I'm curious about any details you can provide.

Personally I had my gameboy camera save wiped, when I pulled the cartridge out while the pocket was in sleep mode. Which isn't a shock as this kind of thing could happen if you pulled a game out while the unit was on in an original gameboy.

The thought of a pokemon save being wiped is enough to give me nightmares. Thankfully I have backups of all my saves ripped from my carts. Hopefully the memories feature in 1.1 will provide a workaround for this issue by allowing us to make lots of save states for each title.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Only brightside to Group B for accessories is it gives them time to work out any bugs with the dock. But gunna need a case and screen protector in the meantime

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
One thing I've noticed is that the plastic on the back of the screen is pretty fragile. You'll definitely get some light scratching just taking carts in and out. I've been handling gingerly the entire time.

Drillow

Oct 27, 2017
A few .pocket versions of GB Studio games have started showing up on itch.io

TinkerCore
fkU2kK.jpeg
Xy%2FnLP.jpeg

Dog's Muck Island
zx0FWC.png
JHaeiT.png

Virtual BMO
GXIk2g.png
QGe1Ca.png

Petris
qibMnE.png
ESbn0J.png

I also just released a .pocket version of my homebrew game El Dueloroso (which is not a GB Studio, but a game made with GBDK).
I can't test it since I don't have an Analogue Pocket, so I would be grateful if someone could confirm it works :)

El Dueloroso

ADqjE1.png
bBaSkR.png

MissingString

Oct 28, 2017
Group B here. 100xxx+ Annoyed though because I had my order in within a minute or so. Just took forever for them to process my payment and I sat in a virtual line for minutes to checkout. Oh well. Hopefully the software will be more robust by the time I get mine.

OP
OP
SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I also just released a .pocket version of my homebrew game El Dueloroso (which is not a GB Studio, but a game made with GBDK).
I can't test it since I don't have an Analogue Pocket, so I would be grateful if someone could confirm it works :)

El Dueloroso

ADqjE1.png
bBaSkR.png
Don't have mine yet but will give it a spin when I can. Dig the Wild Gunman aesthetic.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
One thing I've noticed is that the plastic on the back of the screen is pretty fragile. You'll definitely get some light scratching just taking carts in and out. I've been handling gingerly the entire time.

I've come to the realization that if I plan to use this thing to play lots of games its going to get scuffed up. At first I wanted to keep it pristine but there's only so much we can do with how soft the plastic is. When it's all said and done my pocket is going to show signs of having been enjoyed thoroughly.

bingy

Jun 24, 2021
Awesome, I got Group A!

Now to see if there's a way I can change/trade/exchange the black one I ordered for a white one without forfeiting that spot.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
95XXX Group B Q4 :/ Fucked by my payment taking long to go through I guess.

Was kinda optimistic going into it today. Maybe they can work out the kinks and stuff by then.

Last edited:

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All these people wanting to cancel on Group B preorders, while I'm out here suffering in Group C