• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When is 1.1 firmware dropping?

• Friday (28th)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Weekend (29-30)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Monday (31st)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • February

Votes: 20 58.8%

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Group B for me. I was hoping for A since it only took 5 minutes to order, but it's not like I haven't anything to play in the meantime so… B it is

Dock crackle is normal

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Analogue responded to me about the crackling issues and this is what they said

There is no need to worry as this is normal. The USB-C connector contacts are making this sound and as the Dock is used more, the sound will diminish.

Should there be any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you!

Not much info but they claim its normal.

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
106 group B.
Fucking Google Chrome. I was sitting there for a minute clicking add to cart but nothing was actually adding. Switched to edge and it started working but at that point by then I had to wait for over 5 minutes in the queue.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
103XXX in group B with a white Pocket. I'll put this thread on my ignore list so the wait will be easier. lol

I wonder: What will I get first? This or the Playdate?

Dec 2, 2017
I've seen a couple reports of similar thing happening. A couple questions:

Was the cart removed before you noticed the save being wiped?

If you removed the the cart did you remove it while in sleep mode or did the cart get unseated and then reseated?

Were you returning to play from sleep mode or was the powered all the way off?

I'm curious about any details you can provide.

Personally I had my gameboy camera save wiped, when I pulled the cartridge out while the pocket was in sleep mode. Which isn't a shock as this kind of thing could happen if you pulled a game out while the unit was on in an original gameboy.

The thought of a pokemon save being wiped is enough to give me nightmares. Thankfully I have backups of all my saves ripped from my carts. Hopefully the memories feature in 1.1 will provide a workaround for this issue by allowing us to make lots of save states for each title.
I woke it up from sleep mode, didn't touch the cart or remove it at all.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I also just released a .pocket version of my homebrew game El Dueloroso (which is not a GB Studio, but a game made with GBDK).
I can't test it since I don't have an Analogue Pocket, so I would be grateful if someone could confirm it works :)

El Dueloroso

ADqjE1.png
bBaSkR.png

The game boots and goes through the slides with your info the the gbcomp slide too but then title screen (presumably?) is a garbled mess and doesn't go any further. Your music seems to play fine.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
#91XXX, group B. Seems like I was barely on the wrong side of the cutoff, those two minutes stuck in the checkout queue must have sunk me.

Oct 25, 2017
Group B... I may not even be in the US then, I definitely won't be in the same state. Hopefully nothing bad with import duties if I'm back in Aus then but big bummer regardless.

Jul 22, 2020
I only ordered a Dock, no email about a group for those. Based on my order# and responses so far, it would put me in Group B, but who knows how those will be handled.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I woke it up from sleep mode, didn't touch the cart or remove it at all.

That is concerning. I might suggest for the time being to make a save state right before you put the game to sleep. That way if there are any issues you can immediately restore it when you come out of sleep.

I've noticed the pocket holds onto a save state even if you exit the game completely and go back to the OS. You can remove and reinsert the cart, go back into the game, and restore. Not sure if it holds the save state if the console boots off completely though.

Memories can't come soon enough but still this shouldn't be happening. :/

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Miss the first pre order a year ago and get in on group A a couple month after the early adopters get to beta test feels good man 👍

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I only ordered a dock and no system or anything else with an order # of 92xxx and I'm in Group B. Like seriously? For the dock only? Q4??? I can't believe they can't get me a dock sooner than Q4. I jumped in right away and I can't believe just getting an accessory is that delayed. I understand they want to avoid a case where you get your accessories well in advance of your system, but that's not a situation I'm in currently.

I only ordered a Dock, no email about a group for those. Based on my order# and responses so far, it would put me in Group B, but who knows how those will be handled.

What's your order number?

Jul 22, 2020
I only ordered a dock and no system or anything else with an order # of 92xxx and I'm in Group B. Like seriously? For the dock only? Q4??? I can't believe they can't get me a dock sooner than Q4. I jumped in right away and I can't believe just getting an accessory is that delayed. I understand they want to avoid a case where you get your accessories well in advance of your system, but that's not a situation I'm in currently.

What's your order number?
95XXX

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Okay. My order (#55xxx) has ACTUALLY shipped now and is now slated to arrive Wednesday evening. Hopefully that happens. I ordered everything except the Turbo Express adapter, the plastic case and the screen protector.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I had a dock-only second order, and that ended up in Group B. Whereas my Pocket order was Group A. Based on the comments in here, it looks like they did cutoffs based on the number of the order (everyone 91000 and later got group B), not on the contents of said order.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Group B Q4 22 with order no 91xxx

On one hand, plenty of time to expand my handheld library.

On the other hand, I might cancel. Paying 270$ for something I am getting in a year kinda sucks.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit, group B, though my order went through two minutes after they went live. Oh well.

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
Is there no way to log into their website to check your order number? I placed a pre-order after it went live and never got a confirmation email. They charged my card though...

noj86

Oct 28, 2017
London
I'm the lucky owner of a Pocket from the first batch but I also order multiple accessories (dock, plastic cover, tempered glass and fast charger) on the pre-order of the 14th.

I was on the website when the pre-order started and ended up being order #107XXX after queueing for a few minutes (If i recall properly, the order got processed at 7min past the hour). Anyway, I ended up on group B Q4, which is sort of disappointing when the order doesn't concerns the main unit. I suspect the order of the dock is the main culprit this time around.

I've read on social media, a few people ordering cartridge adaptor and cables a full hour after the beginning of pre-order and getting into group A. So I guess depending on the items, people may be sorted in different groups.

Is there somebody who ordered the console that got in anything else than group B ?

OP
OP
SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Best guess with the dock is it is probably the +1 to a lot of orders so probably ran out fairly quick in terms of order numbers.

Where as stuff like my dumb MIDI sync cable is not exactly the hot xmas get.