Status
Not open for further replies.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I wish there was a way to see how much durability is left on a tool.

Also some sort of grid system would be nice.

(Never played AC before... enjoying this quite a bit!)

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Did I lose my chance at the golden slingshot recipe forever? =/

Reached the 300 balloons hit, game has latest patch, I had to afk a bit and missed the 301st balloon, now I'm spent nearly an hour looking at all balloons that spawned and it's been 6 consecutive normal balloons and the easter ones, not a single Golden balloon in sight

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
So some of you should be able to answer this since you have a full island...

Is it 10 maximum people on the island, or is it 10 maximum animal villagers regardless of how many real players live on the island? We've got 8 animals now with two real players, so I want to know if it's even worth it to put another plot down. Thanks.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Reached the 300 balloons hit, game has latest patch, I had to afk a bit and missed the 301st balloon, now I'm spent nearly an hour looking at all balloons that spawned and it's been 6 consecutive normal balloons and the easter ones, not a single Golden balloon in sight
Nah. It'll be in a golden balloon that randomly spawns. It was my 301th balloon, but someone I know had to shoot more than 350 to get the golden balloon to spawn.

Oct 28, 2017

No, you didn't. It should have a chance to spawn every so often throughout the day (until you shoot it down of course). I got mine about halfway through yesterday after basically just popping balloons all morning in part looking for the cherry blossom recipes.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Both are 2 and they do not line up with your own entrance or the museum entrance for example (those are 3 tiles). Don't make that mistake :D

yeah for museum I'm doing 2x inclines (stairs) with the gap between to give me an odd number of tiles (5 wide) to line up with the 3 wide door. Expensive and slow

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to move my house and put it at the edge where there's no space to go in the back of the house.

Would I have to leave space in the back to expand the back room?

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Yeah that's bound to happen when you have multiple of the same villager types, but the event doesn't help. There are maybe like 2 or 3 variations on the bunny day dialogue for each villager personality that they're really likely to choose so, add that to the list of mechanics this event has already made redundant haha

Ye, I remember in past games the personality types would share a ton of dialogue. I was hoping in New Horizons they would have went all out with the villager interactions and dialogue. Hopefully it changes month-to-month or season to season to keep things fresh.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Which is better. 1 or 2?

EUybiRFUcAAPei1

It looks like he's about to take you downtown back to the boys in blue.
She*

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I wish I knew campers would come without a plot being open. I hadn't had one since the first mandatory visit so I gave up and filled all my slots from mystery tours. Seemed too risky to lay down a plot and let Nook sell it.
Same here.

I have one open spot left for the 10th resident. If I don't get a camper tomorrow I'll look for someone on a Nook Miles Tour.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey <name> did u know eggs come from trees but ESPECIALLY coconut trees how weird is that haha" - Every villager for the past few days

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
I just tried to dig up a fossil and my shovel spun around and I was frozen mid action for a couple of seconds???

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I made each of the Bunny furnisher and took it to the store to sell. Both to get the final prize and to see how much this stuff is worth. Came to 13,600 Bells and I still have plenty of eggs left over. So for people who hate them, you can make some decent money from the egg theme stuff and selling it for easy cash.

Last edited:

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, do you always lose everything if you disconnect? It happened to me today, but it sounds like antispin didn't lose the things they bought/found. Is there a way to avoid it?

I was in the middle of selling some stuff when we got disconnected. But yeah, I didn't lose anything.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Which is better. 1 or 2?

EUybiRFUcAAPei1

She*
I would find a way to modify to work as a real path. 1 looks floaty and removed from the terrain, while 2 doesn't make much sense having wood embedded in the grass. But if I had to choose of these two I'd pick 2. Waiting on the Custom Pattern Gurus to cook up some sweet patterns I can steal for my town. Shit is hard.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Game thinks it's being funny now, 3 recipes away from having all the cherry blossom stuff and it's given me 3 repeat cards. >:( I'm not camping on your beaches for fun!

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
A few of my friends were complaining about not having enough iron nuggets, and I eventually found out that all three of them were destroying rocks, by eating a fruit before, and they thought it was how it was done. I wonder how many people are doing the same but it seems so unbelievably stupid, especially from people who have played videogames all their lives. You just have to hit a rock to see that you loot stuff. Destroying them all for days, I mean, wow...
The game is actually very beginner-unfriendly. They should have had an NPC or something that explains where materials come from. Rocks in particular are unwieldy as the first time you encounter hitting them, you have no shovel so you don't learn to brace yourself, don't know it's on a timer so you may pick up before hitting again, don't know that weeds block any drops. Where are you supposed to learn this stuff naturally?

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
About Bunny day:
I have to craft all egg furniture & egg outfits? Or just the furniture.

after I craft it can I sell it? Or do I have to hang onto it until Bunny day

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do we even know how many materials are needed for the final few things that we won't receive the recipes for until the 12th? It's all confusing and no way to know how many recipes or anything until the day if the event when it can easily be too late - luckily we have websites to help but I guess they have to be datamining or time travelling to find out the info

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game is actually very beginner-unfriendly. They should have had an NPC or something that explains where materials come from. Rocks in particular are unwieldy as the first time you encounter hitting them, you have no shovel so you don't learn to brace yourself, don't know it's on a timer so you may pick up before hitting again, don't know that weeds block any drops. Where are you supposed to learn this stuff naturally?
Yeah you're not wrong, there's a lot of stuff that the game doesn't explain. Veterans of the series are familiar with it but for people starting out for the first time, there's a lot to learn that the game just doesn't say.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
How is #2 done? Are those grassy edges drawn on or can you actually make custom tiles appear "below" grass?
If you place a pattern that has at least 1 pixel of transparency on top of a path the opacity of the whole pattern is lowered and keeps the path's bumpmap:

EUx_rwlUcAYnR_1

2 is a wooden plank pattern I made atop a dirt path.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Do we even know how many materials are needed for the final few things that we won't receive the recipes for until the 12th? It's all confusing and no way to know how many recipes or anything until the day if the event when it can easily be too late - luckily we have websites to help but I guess they have to be datamining or time travelling to find out the info
animalcrossingworld.com

Bunny Day 2024 Event Guide: How To Get Easter Eggs, Activities, Rewards In Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Animal Crossing World

Everything you need to know about the Bunny Day 2024 event in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH), including how to get eggs and more.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aw ok, so it's like 6 variants of the same tile with the "grassy tipped" edges drawn on?
I'm thinking that's how they did it, yeah. Different ones for different corners/sides.
If you place a pattern that has at least 1 pixel of transparency on top of a path the opacity of the whole pattern is lowered and keeps the path's bumpmap:

Huh. Interesting.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
My jocks are congregating. First time I've seen them visit each other's houses. It's adorable

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
animalcrossingworld.com

Bunny Day 2024 Event Guide: How To Get Easter Eggs, Activities, Rewards In Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Animal Crossing World

Everything you need to know about the Bunny Day 2024 event in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH), including how to get eggs and more.

So looks like 6 of each type to craft the arch (2 of each) and the wobbler (4 of each)

and 15 items to craft now - with the last four on the 12th (basket given, arch, wobbler and wand recipes on the 12th)

?

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Is there any reason to keep native fruit trees on your island instead of just replanting a bunch of non native fruit which sells for much more?

Perfect Fruit doesn't exist in New Horizons yet as far as I'm reading.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

EUx_rwlUcAYnR_1

Oh shit this is great! Unfortunately that pixel is distracting for me. Anyway around this other than trying to blend in some way? Unique placement of the Pixel depending on design? Easily hidden with curved aspects, but the middle full square tile will have the visible transparent pixel.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit this is great! Unfortunately that pixel is distracting for me. Anyway around this other than trying to blend in some way? Unique placement of the Pixel depending on design? Easily hidden with curved aspects, but the middle full square tile will have the visible transparent pixel.
You can use multiple patterns with different transparent pixel placements to hide the pixel in the grass

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any reason to keep native fruit trees on your island instead of just replanting a bunch of non native fruit which sells for much more?

Perfect Fruit doesn't exist in New Horizons yet as far as I'm reading.

My reasons:

I want to have all fruits.

I can eat them.

Sell on someone's island for full price.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Still looking for these sweet Cherry B DIYs~

Cherry-blossom Pound Stone
Cherry-blossom Petal Pile
Cherry-blossom Bonsai
Cherry-blossom Branches
Blossom-viewing Lantern
Cherry-blossom Clock
Cherry-blossom Trees Wall
Sakura-wood Wall
Cherry-blossom Flooring

Bells, items, NMTs, my soul, it's all on the table. I just need dem recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.