Status
Not open for further replies.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, thanks for the replies. Yeah, I suppose terraforming/landscaping is a big part of it and "actual small town" was a bit vague, but that does sound pretty close to what I was hoping for. I don't want to do actual city management or anything like that, I just want to create a cozy little town to hang out in, lol. I'm in the middle of P5 Royal and Cold Steel 3 so I'm not in a hurry, but I think I'll check AC out sooner rather than later after all.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Completely new player here did I mess up in choosing a island that is essentially separate 3 ways with a big space in the middle? Feels like so much wasted space I initially wanted to build in the middle but looking up bridges will takes ages for me to get....

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Completely new player here did I mess up in choosing a island that is essentially separate 3 ways with a big space in the middle? Feels like so much wasted space I initially wanted to build in the middle but looking up bridges will takes ages for me to get....
All the islands are designed to essentially lock you in to 1/3rd of the island so first. Don't worry though. This limitation is almost immediately removed for days 2 & 3

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that's how most of the setups are initially. You don't unlock the rest of the island for a couple days.

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

You get one bridge after a few days and you get to build as many bridges as you like after a week (they'll cost bells though). I wouldn't sweat it too much. You can earn enough to pay for bridges after a big play session or two.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

The end game is terraforming. Nothing is permanent. You can fine tune placement later, and it's good to have long term goals. Also, bridges are like day 7. This isn't a game you want to rush. Don't worry about it

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Bunny day doesn't seem to have started for me, are there any prerequisites for it to start?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do so many people on YouTube have their islands tricked out already? Using the time change thing?

I just got a coconut tree and I'm excited. Lol.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that bad. Got the game a few days after everyone, taking it easy and no time travel or exploits or anything, but getting my third bridge built and halfway done paying off my second to last loan afaik.

You'll be just fine. The only annoying bit will depend on the size of the "wings" and how the plateu situation is, but even if they cut into your options early on, you'll manage to work around them with some extra effort and bells.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did the kitchen get together happen last night? I'm in uk time zone so would have missed it - would be up for another at a slightly earlier time.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
getting annoyed because I still haven't seen a shooting star yet. what's the trick? my campsite is done so its not a progress thing I think

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This kind of thinking being so prevelant right now is actually baffling. You're on the right track with just not caring about "keeping up"

People are min-maxing their time, gunning for progression as quickly as possible, grinding out every possible resource they can, obsessing about every minute detail they can't control, or obsessing about how other people are advancing/obtaining things on a different timeline to them.

People are playing AC in a way I've really never experienced in nearly 20 years with the series and it's actually making me want to just step away from the community. It's kind of wild.

I'm collecting, but i'm doing it at a pace that suits me.

Like even when not exploiting, if you're a Youtuber or Streamer, you got access to a lot more resources than the average person, such as this example:

So I urge everyone to enjoy the game the way they want. They won't miss things as the game is meant to be played year-round. However I have seen people who say they don't like that the game limits what they can do each day, which is odd.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Japanese/ Weeb floors or walls? I got a kotatsu and I think I'm gonna make my room look traditional Japanese style now.

Oct 28, 2017
I think you need to be connected online, that's all I know of.

It didn't look like it had started for me yet, based on the title screen, but after the morning speech all the normal trees turned pink.

That's just the cherry blossoms coming into bloom, I don't think that's anything to do with the Easter event.

I popped a balloon first thing this morning that gave me a recipe to make a Cherry Blossom Clock, which is situated in the Seasonal Recipes alongside the bamboo stuff.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I look away for a moment and we're already on page 23 in OT2. This game's popularity is wild.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tree color change is for Spring, that's all. My partner who time travels has had the pink blossoms. Once announcements happen they should change.

getting annoyed because I still haven't seen a shooting star yet. what's the trick? my campsite is done so its not a progress thing I think
RNG. I've visited someone who was having theirs, which gives you pieces in the morning as if your island had it, and had it the next night. Met some who had it within a few days, others like you who haven't yet experienced.

Same with visitors. I still haven't met Flick or Saharah on my island, and only had CJ visit the past day.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I think you need to be connected online, that's all I know of.

It didn't look like it had started for me yet, based on the title screen, but after the morning speech all the normal trees turned pink.
Nook said it's starting "soon", the pink trees are just seasonal changes for cherries and pears :)

oh, I already do find hidden eggs. So it started?

Last edited:

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Zipper's German name might be the worst (best?) pun I encountered yet. "Ohs, der Hase", literally "Ohs the Rabbit", but also pronounced pretty much the same way as "Osterhase" ("Easter Bunny")

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm collecting, but i'm doing it at a pace that suits me.

Like even when not exploiting, if you're a Youtuber or Streamer, you got access to a lot more resources than the average person, such as this example:

So I urge everyone to enjoy the game the way they want. They won't miss things as the game is meant to be played year-round. However I have seen people who say they don't like that the game limits what they can do each day, which is odd.

Agreed. People need to not worry about everyone else, whether they time travel or visit other's islands more or favorable RNG and time. It's not a race or competition, unless someone's office is doing a loan payoff bet pool.

Zipper's German name might be the worst (best?) pun I encountered yet. "Ohs, der Hase", literally "Ohs the Rabbit", but also pronounced pretty much the same way as "Osterhase" ("Easter Bunny")

I love how on point the localization teams have been.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
I got my sixth villager from a nook mile island - it's Judy!

I hear that she's one of the new ones so no one really knows much about her. Her eyes are a bit too big but im hap with her for now

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing I didn't think to ask earlier: how important is it to log in every day, or even multiple times a day, to do daily tasks (whatever they are)? Can something genuinely negative happen if I don't log in for, say, a week or something, like can I lose money or villagers or something? I know I can obviously miss events since it's all based on real time, but that's not a big deal since those obviously don't happen randomly.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...damn, the season change for fish/bugs really is right at midnight, huh? I didn't miss anything for the museum thankfully, but I wanted a third football fish on hand to give to CJ. Woulda saved some from the ones I caught this weekend if I'd remembered he existed before today (and would have fished for one longer if I knew it was at midnight...), whoops.

Similarly I will have to give up the stringfish I wanted to display if I want to have 3 of those to give, but I can deal, I guess...

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I encountered the same new villager 2 out of 3 times I visited Nook islands today. Very bad luck or is there a limit to the number you can find in one day?

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Really enjoying taking this game slowly and not spending hours and hours on it every day.

Perfect game for me at the moment - very relaxing

ASTROID2

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The atlas moth not having a mouth so can only live a couple days is messed up. What the hell nature?

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
Do you need to place a plot in order to find villagers on island tours? And how do you know if a camper can be invited or will require additional days of convincing?

Trying to plan out my final 2 villagers, would like one camper and one from tours..

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did the kitchen get together happen last night? I'm in uk time zone so would have missed it - would be up for another at a slightly earlier time.
Yes. Other times are fine too, and as more people learn the relevant recipes, it will only get easier to acquire the Ironwood series. Also there may be other Series being found that are/have kitchen furniture.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've got time traveling friends showing me stuff that will presumably be available around October and I really wish they wouldn't

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
From Reddit:

9ounuuyy34q41.jpg

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So I'm stuck. 3 hrs in.

what does Tom Nook mean when he asks me to stake out space for Blathers? Do I have to mark a space with log stakes?

jinjsyk

Mar 24, 2019
I personally think there should be 2 AC OT. One for the calm players who just want to play at their own pace or trade now and then and a second one for those who are competitive and obssessed. I feel like the "comepetitive energy" is putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on others. :D

This kind of thinking being so prevelant right now is actually baffling. You're on the right track with just not caring about "keeping up"

People are min-maxing their time, gunning for progression as quickly as possible, grinding out every possible resource they can, obsessing about every minute detail they can't control, or obsessing about how other people are advancing/obtaining things on a different timeline to them.

People are playing AC in a way I've really never experienced in nearly 20 years with the series and it's actually making me want to just step away from the community. It's kind of wild.
I think the obssession is pretty toxic... I visited a friend who got a huge house and way too many bridges and inclines that it couldn't have been possibly done organically.

Honestly I got a little jealous at first but I realized that just means the game would become boring too soon for them. I love the excitement of waking up the next day to see what's new.

How do so many people on YouTube have their islands tricked out already? Using the time change thing?

I just got a coconut tree and I'm excited. Lol.
Definitely time travel.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
The way the Y axis is not the same in regular camera and home designer view if baffling.

Other than that, when can you move the mailbox again? Had my first home extension but still can't move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.