• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
What do I do wrong?
It's so cumbersome. Tom Nook is talking forever and the Island is a wasteland.
I get why people with too much time could dig into, but how can it be fun for a gamer?
It's meant to be played in short bursts over years. People just have a lot of time right now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The easter event accentuates everything I don't like about this entry.

"COLLECT EVERYTHING, you'll enjoy it!"
Uh, no. Just let me play something that relaxes me.
"If you do it YOU CAN CRAFT MORE STUFF".
Okay, but I don't want to.

Okay, great, now there are eggs instead of regular fish and regular materials sometimes. Do X thing Y times, the game.

it.. reminds me of pocket camp.. :shudder:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I read each type of egg gives you outfit recipes after a certain amount, and also bottles, balloons, and talking to villagers.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this stupid bunny and holiday.

A new season of fish and I can't fish because of the freaking eggs. And annoying balloons all the time.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
any good insects to catch currently with emperor gone? outside of tarantula, i mean one you can casually catch if you have a big flowerfield or something

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do the villagers do anything in this game? They used to have requests for you or play games, and now they just sort of exist and give me recipes and emotes on occasion.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Do the villagers do anything in this game? They used to have requests for you or play games, and now they just sort of exist and give me recipes and emotes on occasion.
They still make requests and play games.
I've been asked to catch bugs or fish, asked to deliver mail that went to the wrong house, played a "find the treasure" game, etc

They seem to be less obvious about it in this game compared to the previous ones, you need to talk to villagers a few times in a row sometimes.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

They do a lot more on their own than they've ever done in the past lol. They sing, water flowers, catch bugs, do aerobics, lift weights, dance, make crafts, read, sit by trees, and probably even more stuff I'm forgetting. Yes they still give requests as well.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
They still have requests. I found that they began to feel more alive and talk to each others the more of them they were living in my island, for some reason

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
They have asked me to deliver things, catch bugs or fish, find lost items, etc. It's just not something your can directly request anymore.

Jun 22, 2019
I didn't realize Flick can only do one commission per visit and gave him 3 common butterflies like a fucking chump and now I wanna go crawl into a hole and die.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I'm very picky with my next villagers. I legit burned through 5 nook tickets yesterday just to get a villager to my liking.
Now that people are saying that random villagers can move to the building plots, I'm getting very anxious. Shouldn't have put all these building lots in advance.

oof yeah. 5 tickets is pretty quick--i used 28 or so yesterday. good luck finding good villagers!!!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Shit. Ate a fruit to relocate a money tree but it was only small so didn't need the fruit. So the next rock I hit...

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm just not talking to my villagers enough? But they all get real pissy about it if I chat with them more than once a day.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Placed down some plots and visited a mystery island and saw this ABOMINATION

No no no no no you are not coming onto my island Al

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Ok I'm a bit confused. Where do I get recipes for the bunny and for cherry blossoms?

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I have literally never been able to get an 8th chip / mineral / whatever out of a rock.

I'm using the two-hole method (snigger) and I'll generally always get 7, but the patch I'm standing on never gets an 8th.

I assume I'm doing this wrong?

Sorry for the beg, but seriously, am I doing something wrong here?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wish I could get annoyed with the bunny day festivities, but I for some reason didn't get any notification from Isabelle this morning. Have the update and online and everything. So irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.