Status
Not open for further replies.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have the taken out looking for fossil names in the telenook with the new update or im just not founfing it now?
WTF, me and my friends used that for fossil interchange to look for what we were missing, even if you couldnt buy them.

Animal Crossing, 1 step forward two steps back.
I don't see them on the list, but I was able to search for them.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
My game recognised the recent toilet paper shortage and saw fit to gift me with a bidet from a tree today.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see them on the list, but I was able to search for them.
Yeah can search them, but the older method was much faster, absolutely ridiculous and another stupid design choice added to the list. First game ive ever seen were they take out QoL stuff.

But yeah dont fucking fix the 300 popped bug balloon.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Got 2 more sakura recipes, which is great for one day.

More importantly KK Slider concert yaaaay!

My game recognised the recent toilet paper shortage and saw fit to gift me with a bidet from a tree today.

What is with this game and toilets? I've got squat toilets, standing toilets, sitting toilets, tankless toilets. Multiples of some, in fact. Please no more, RNG gods.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Question about villagers-

When I first started I was seeing villagers at every mystery island. I asked one to come to my island, and shortly after that I got to the point where Tom Nook had me plot the three houses. A couple of random villagers showed up shortly after that plus Audie who I had asked. Since then, I just have those three and no mystery islands have anyone on them. How do I get more people? My island is a little desolate with just the four of us.

Quoted to see if someone can shed some light on this for me.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Do these just come from normal balloons or somewhere else?

Normal balloons. Ignore the egg ones if you're looking for them specifically.
I think Isabelle also has an announcement where she gives a cherry blossom viewing picnic set (one of the 14 items) IF she doesn't have any other announcements to make like villagers moving in. Haven't gotten that yet because we have people moving in for the last 2 days and until tomorrow. >_<

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Someone asked this earlier in the thread but I can confirm that full grown bamboo trees transplanted from mystery tour islands will not produce new stalks. I only get them from the bamboo I planted.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's been mentioned a lot, but am I foolish in holding out hope that they'll patch in crafting from storage?

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the recipes for Bunny Day furniture are really easy to get. The clothes ones are much harder.

Also, I'm stuck at 2 stars. She keeps bringing up flowers but I have about 50. How many do I need to keep planting?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Okay. Posting a new Dodo Code

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
You need to unlock the campsite now
After the residential services building is constructed (replacing the starter green tent) Tom Nook will ask you to build a campsite. This is where new villagers drop their heads in, and you can invite them to live in your town. You can also request specific villagers via amiibo cards at this point.

Thanks guys. Just went to resident services and sure enough Isabelle told me to speak with Nook about it and I'm placing it now.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the recipes for Bunny Day furniture are really easy to get. The clothes ones are much harder.

Also, I'm stuck at 2 stars. She keeps bringing up flowers but I have about 50. How many do I need to keep planting?
How many people -- er, villagers do you have in your town? The more, the better. She kept saying I needed to decorate the island more, and I ignored her for a bit and my town was 3 stars by the time the 8th villager moved in.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
If anybody still needs fruit I've got all 5 currently on my island. I'll be afk but I'll leave the gate open if anybody wants to pop over.

I'm only after flower seeds so any cosmos, yellow lillys, white Tulips and red mums would be greatly appreciated. If you haven't any that's fine, feel free to come and take some fruit anyway.

[Hidden content]

Hi, could I visit your island? I could throw some yellow lilly seeds your way :)

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How many people -- er, villagers do you have in your town? The more, the better. She kept saying I needed to decorate the island more, and I ignored her for a bit and my town was 3 stars by the time the 8th villager moved in.
I have 9 villagers, 55 flowers, no weeds, about 20 fruit trees and a ton of furniture (both bought and built) around the island.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Despite how absurd all this egg furniture is, I'm kind of loving it.

EUnJZVPU8AAR1LV

Nice to see someone leaning into it! I'm not too fussed about the event. It isn't my cup of tea, but also isn't really impinging on my own goals. I just sell the stuff I make using eggs. I might not get there today, but for sure tomorrow I'll have paid off the current 548k loan.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like this event. I want new fish and fossils but every other thing I catch or dig up is an egg. I love the sakura items, though. Is there more than a vase and a lamp?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Welp, trouble in paradise already. The other night I found Stinky and Plucky together in her house for a midnight rendezvous and today I find them fighting.

Why can't these chicken/bodybuilding cat relationships ever work?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Quoted to see if someone can shed some light on this for me.

Those villagers you invited will move in - at a certain point in the opening days, Tom Nook will ask you to find plots for three houses for new villagers. If you've invited three villagers the houses will be for those three, I believe if you've only invited one or two the other slots will be filled by randoms. After the villagers have all moved in, you'll be asked to build a campsite where prospective villagers can come to visit. I think you have to invite the first villager who comes to the campsite to live on your island. Finally, after that villager has moved in, you'll get the option to buy new plots of land from Tom Nook at the Resident Services building for 10k bells each, and you can choose where to place the plots for villagers to move in. Once you have all of those requirements out of the way, whenever you have a free plot and go on a mystery tour there will be a villager there that you can invite if you want.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
My turnips just spike from the low 20s to 127 after a week of super low prices. Should I sell now?
Anyone have decent turnip prices? Mine are holding steady at 60/70ish
The turnip thread will be a lifesaver for you guys https://www.resetera.com/threads/ac...-bells-is-paved-with-good-connections.178158/ Even if you're just going to sell in your own town the tracker will help you figure out the right time to do it.
getting a 'server is currently undergoing maintenance' message when trying to open my gates.
There was a warning about it about an hour ago if you were online but it should really broadcast for everyone.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Wow, this game gets way different once you unlock terraforming

I built my large mid-town lake (like the original Animal Crossing had) and now it's harder to catch fish at that part of the river oh well

Oct 27, 2017
Do you end up getting an item or upgrade that allows you to store all your tools in one spot in your inventory? I feel like this was a thing in new leaf.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I can spend all day shaking trees and hitting rocks and what have you but for some reason I just cannot be fucked to ever water my flowers. Maybe if the watering can didn't break..

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
If I dont like any of the villagers that arrive at camp, can I just keep ignoring them until I get some that I like?

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
hey all - not sure which channel is right for this in the discord, anyone trading fruit? I've oranges, apples and some bamboo, need anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.