Status
Not open for further replies.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
To Your Eternity S2 2

Nice to see that this series has seemingly gotten back on track after the final arc of the previous season. However, it does feel pretty aimless right now.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Last Boss 6
Aileen is gonna murder whoever made that portrait. Secrets upon secrets. Things keep escalating. And yeah Aileen is about ready to choke little miss blue hair for sure

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Pop team epic S2 - 5

Holy shit they really did a fucking rhapsody of fire parody, last thing i excepted to see :

View: https://youtu.be/ZhUwpL2DC9A

youtu.be

Rhapsody Of Fire - Emerald Sword (lyrics)

Video with fantasy art and lyrics.Band: Rhapsody Of FireTrack: Emerald SwordAlbum: Emerald Sword (single)Year: 1998Purely fan-made & all glory to the Rhapsod...

If I wasn't feeling under the weather I would've been screaming out loud watching that part.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018

I'm surprised they are adapting Tsubame's christmas party. Honestly thought they were going to focused fully on Shirogane and Kaguya. I mean, technically they all happen at the same time but it'll interesting how they manage the pacing without it feeling off. A1 has a done a superb job adapting Kaguya, though, so I'll wait and see.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Bocchi - 4

This show just keeps getting better wtf.

The part where they talk about how it's better to write about what you care about rather than trying to write something with mass appeal felt pretty meta too. Just as was said, this probably isn't going to be a show that will work for everyone, but for those that can connect with it it's really, really good.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun to go back after watching this episode and realizing that Bocchi wrote the lyrics for the OP and ED (with Kita naturally providing the vocals).

The ED is especially funny because the music and lyrics don't match at all, which is that contrast they were talking about. Also isn't lost on me that the OP is called Youth Complex (the type of music and lyrics Bocchi was trying to avoid) but sounds more serious than it implies. And its also a banger.

Also, dunno why CR didn't bother to translate "seishun" in the subs and left it as is.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Bocchi - 4
For such a stacked season, this is such a surprise and may as well end up being the AOTS for me. Sorry CSM, Chainsaw Devil has nothing on Anxiety and Depression Devil.

Just checked out Arknights. For it being a gacha game anime adaptation it actually was better than what I expected, there were some pretty well directed shots and animation was nice. Made me curious about the game tbh so I guess it did its job well lol
Come check the game out. We're getting a big event on Nov 3rd with a free 6*, free 10-pull ticket and daily free pull.

I hope the anime do well enough for them to at least adapt the entire first arc. The latter part of the arc is really good.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
To Your Eternity Season 2 1

And we're back to the curious case of Fushi. I was expecting this season to be a clean restart, so I was surprised to find it reach into Season 1 so much. Not a fan of the idea of a 9 year old leading a politico-religious faction (or having an authoritative role in it at least), so that was jarring throughout the episode.

I do however very much like where we're going with the idea of Fushi himself being the battleground that his 'guardians' and their opposers are fighting over. I feel like For Your Eternity's premise could make for an incredible role-playing game.

The Tatami Time Machine Blues 5, 6

Hilariously complex loop that's been resolved and they somehow snuck in an optimistic message too. Yeah, I liked this one better than Everyone Everywhere All at Once, deal with it.

The extra episode was also excellent, in particular with the train club shenanigans.

Anime of the Year for me for now.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Would anyone buy one of these?

1000182645_1.jpg

1000182645_4.jpg
1000182645_5.jpg

1000182645_7.jpg

Buy here

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Summer Time Rendering 16
Sou and Tokiko's dad is trash.

Summer Time Rendering 17
Ushioh, I think you've got something in your eye.

Last edited:

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
18 episode into JBA Part 4 Diamond Is Unbreakable.

I think what I love the most is how "low stake" this part is compared to previous Part. There aren't even really big bad like DIO or Kars halfway through the show.

It feels more like collection of various stories involving Stand that happen in a single city rather than one big overarching plot.

Some episodes literally slice-of-life.

Also this Part had to be the one that inspire modern Persona games, right ? 🤣

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Sad K-ON! episode 4

Bocchi needs to be rebooted.

Wow! Huge! episode 5

The universe wants them together.

Bodhi

Oct 5, 2022
Chainsaw Man EP 2 & 3

Good. I'm not super impressed with these two.. I remember the manga panel for 'I wanna cop a feel' being much more impactful. The setup was perfect but in the anime I thought it lacked punch. I wonder what my normie friend thinks of these, as he was impressed by the first ep.

Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory EP 1 & 2

It's more of that Gundam Universal Century goodness? It picks up where my memory left the series with the 'Asteroid Drop'. ZZ Gundam was a slog I think, but the setup for this conflict is great for now.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
a series with romance where the two characters in love openly live out their love, kiss, have sex and talk about their future is pretty damn rare, so i am all for it
usually series like this are harem trash or weird "will they wont they" crap
Yup the show was great.. when the greater plot got out of the way

OP
OP
Narag

Narag

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Gundam, Zeta is still only on the funimation app it seems. I wonder if it will go over to Crunchyroll at some point?

I watched some of it years ago when it was put on the Gundam Info youtube channel, but they took it down before I finished it, I'd like to return to it sometime.

6nNPHMm.png

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure where to post this, but anime youtuber Cilvanis has been posting some worrying stuff lately. Hope he's alright.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Yup the show was great.. when the greater plot got out of the way

GIVE ME A MS ELF IN JAPAN ANIME, DAMNIT tho they are still low-key will they or won't they even though the whole series and every side character is like 'they are already together right'

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
bleach opening with a recap gave me some dark flashbacks for a moment

Fumetsu S2 2
i sure wish this show looked better the golden Kamuy curse

while it is pretty aimless right now i'm enjoying this as much as pre 2nd cour of the 1st season

How many years has it been good lord lol

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Summer Time Rendering 18
Kakikiri having sex with his child mum is certainly a thing. Rip Ushioh, like that's even sticking.

Summer Time Rendering 19
I sense a cool fight scene incoming.

Summer Time Rendering 20
giphy.gif

Summer Time Rendering 21

Mio, it's all good. You have Sou and Tokiko who are in love with you. Pick someone who is 1) available and 2) doesn't consider you his younger sister.

Summer Time Rendering 22
OH COME ON! DON'T CLIFFHANG ME THERE, DISNEY!

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
No longer the "internet's most trusted" now that Kadokawa (shaken with corruption up top) owns them. Also conflict of interest there too.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Patlabor 45
Yeah, there's no way Noa could ever join the JSDF. She has terrible aim and she hates destroying Labors. Also her boyfriend is in the same unit as her.

Patlabor 46
I don't always understand Noa's motivations and actions and I think that's OK. She struggles throughout the series with change, particularly anything that might even slightly threaten Alphonse. We find out originally Alphonse was her pet dog, then cat and more her labour. It's been a very subtle and slow build up of her character throughout the series run but Noa's struggles with letting go and change seem to be coming to the forefront in these final episodes. I'm just glad Division 1 finally got their upgrades, they deserve it.

Patlabor 47 END
Some really beautiful shots in these last 2 episodes and some really great character scenes. Noa is finally maturing and ready to accept Alphonse's role as a labour. This was a fantastic series and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to miss Division 2, they're a fun bunch of characters.

Last edited:

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Chainsaw Guy 4
That devil was shit out of luck since denji went to the jjk school of suddenly i have sick parkour skills

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Chainsaw Man 4

Episodes sure do feel short but that's cuz I did binge the early chapters of CSM so I guess I now know the pain of the people who were reading this weekly since the beginning lol

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Super Dimension Fortress Macross 1
Macross has been on my watch list for something like 10 years. I've always been attracted to this series despite knowing almost nothing about it. The first episode was pretty good! Interesting premise of humanity discovering a crashed alien war ship and having their technology evolve astronomically over the course of 10 years. Unfortunately, the ship is also rigged to fire a signal at first contact with its original fleet. So Earth has suddenly found themselves plunged into a conflict with aliens that they really were not ready for. I'm actually kind of hyped for this, I'm really curious about where this series will go.

MSG The 08th MS Team 1
Gundam.info put this up and I'm jumping at the chance to watch it. Great atmosphere in the first episode although I'm considerably cautious about our female Zeon pilot. Gundam and female pilots is 9/10 a recipe for disaster (G-Witch our feminine hopes are riding on you). Also some titties flashed across the screen in the preview so no more watching in front of the family I guess 😅

Have you seen the New Files and Oshii stuff?

If not, you might not be done with them quite yet
I'll probably check out some movies and then the OVA at a later date.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Guy 4
That devil was shit out of luck since denji went to the jjk school of suddenly i have sick parkour skills

Heh, that's a good way to put it.

Honestly, as amazing as that fight was animated, I plainly don't care for it and some others. The Chainsaw "power" of Denji is rather lame as far as I'm concerned. No surprise sick parkour skills come packaged alongside or else there'd be nothing there. How much damage his body can endure and whether he wins entirely depends on what the plot asks for. Now, there's still no shortage of cool setups, if nothing else for the sheer number of (somewhat) creative powers, but the fighting itself is basically always an afterthought. Which, I guess is in part the point when the titular hero simply grows chainsaws out of his head and arms.

Well, this random-ass Leech Devil was hardly an exciting enemy anyway. And I knew the outcome. So, meh.

But 'tis all good when the low-key slice-of-life moments get animated just as excellently. They gladly could've shaved off 2 mins from the Leech Devil for more of that, if anyone asks me.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, that's a good way to put it.

Honestly, as amazing as that fight was animated, I plainly don't care for it and some others. The Chainsaw "power" of Denji is rather lame as far as I'm concerned. No surprise sick parkour skills come packaged alongside or else there'd be nothing there. How much damage his body can endure and whether he wins entirely depends on what the plot asks for. Now, there's still no shortage of cool setups, if nothing else for the sheer number of (somewhat) creative powers, but the fighting itself is basically always an afterthought. Which, I guess is in part the point when the titular hero simply grows chainsaws out of his head and arms.

Well, this random-ass Leech Devil was hardly an exciting enemy anyway. And I knew the outcome. So, meh.

But 'tis all good when the low-key slice-of-life moments get animated just as excellently. They gladly could've shaved off 2 mins from the Leech Devil for more of that, if anyone asks me.

While I'm sure Mappa will add a lot of style, the fights are not really the draw of Chainsawman, so yeah, I get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.