Status
Not open for further replies.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
feel like everyone has been quietly watching mob

also i think i can get behind this isekai at first i was oh god how painfully generic will it be then i saw the food yall got me with that since food wars is dead

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Made myself a personal MAL. I think I was able to add everything I've watched. It's not as much as I thought it would've been. Sure is pretty basic though lol.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
feel like everyone has been quietly watching mob

also i think i can get behind this isekai at first i was oh god how painfully generic will it be then i saw the food yall got me with that since food wars is dead
Also the dude smells how fishy the king is, bails the castle, finds out that demihuman racism/slavery is present then splits the country for the nearest one with demihuman rights.
His cheat skill is basically online shopping at a specific general store type grocery store. Has to exchange currency for it. It's pretty fun

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Also the dude smells how fishy the king is, bails the castle, finds out that demihuman racism/slavery is present then splits the country for the nearest one with demihuman rights.
His cheat skill is basically online shopping at a specific general store type grocery store. Has to exchange currency for it. It's pretty fun
seems like it'd be a good fun time at the campsite at least ...not sure about the orc cooking though but anything that leaves me wanting to eat some good food is a plus

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's funny looking at the reddit ratio of like 5k+ but like only 400+ comments seems like most people watch it but dont talk about it lol myself included

Mob will stand the test of time once it's complete anyhow, so I ain't worried about it

Though I already read it, so that's my excuse, idk what anime onlys are doing

Actually I lied, they're probably watching Chainsaw Man too lol

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Mob's the best thing I'm watching this season. I think its going to go down as an all time great complete series especially with BONES continuing to bring their absolute A game.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Urusei Yatsura 4

Ataru is running to be the Nick Cannon of his timeline

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Romantic Killer 10
The girl's situation felt gross and instantly recognisable. And I guess a stalker is turning up next? Too serious! More humour!

Romantic Killer 11
I'm suddenly watching furuba.

Romantic Killer 12 END
This got less interesting the further it went along, but I otherwise had a fun time with it. I really thought for second that Riri was the true ending route but I guess they went with harem ending. We Have Kyo at Home was best boy.

Also I'd like to mention that promoted show for me to watch after this was I Am a Stalker. Good job, Netflix!

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Akiba Maid War 5

Everytime I watch preview clip that airs in the first few minutes of the show, I wonder how the episode gets there but then it does and it's glorious to see it all unfold

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Kanacolle S2
well this sure is not happy fun times this was decent enough for what it is but it's so strange that it's back after all these years and how the other ip of shipgirls have completely overshadowed these ones of a past era ive seen art of some of them but i have no clue who 90% of the ships i saw compared to the other ship girls lol

sad the op is the complete opposite of AKINO with bless4

on a brighter note happy to see Hori Yui doing some VA she did 2 characters at once lol

Ginga Eiyuu~ 42?
well shit we had some build up leading up to this but summer break is over

jojo part 6 part 2 3

FIGHT CLUB?!
this and romantic killer have been great for filling in some free time

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Spy x Family 15

And so, Bond joins the gang. I thought the bit about figuring out a name for the dog a little overdone, but then I was already privy to what the dog gets named, so maybe that's why.

Fun episode with a focus on Anya being cute, which makes for a good time.

Chainsaw Man 2

"Horned Asuka joined the chat"

There's still something so austere about the world of Chainsaw Man that I find hard to place. It might be crowded and full of character, but there's also this distinct disconnect with our world. Uncanny stuff.

Apart from that, this episode impressed me less than the first one, and I don't really have much to say about it other than the visuals being incredible. If it weren't for the skyscraping hype this story has garnered, I would probably have dropped the show with this episode, three-episode rule be damned.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
One Piece: Film Red
Great music, action was incomprehensible, Uta was fantastic, Shanks sucks and I hate him.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yu Yu Hakusho (rewatch)

Hard to believe it's been seven years since I first watched this series and fell head over heels for it. I was a little worried maybe it wouldn't hit the way it used to, but after telling myself I'd only watch one or two episodes, I burned through the entire first disc on my Blu-Ray tonight and binged ten episodes. What a fucking show. One of my all time favorites, anime or otherwise.

I forgot about Genkai's training involving video games. Togashi's love for gaming keeps popping up in his series.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Akiba Maid War 5
I 100% need a time skip with Nagomi taking over the role of Ranko.

Gundam 08TH 2
Some really beautiful shots in this. The scene of them driving into the base and the gundams coming into view was amazing. Love some of the smaller details here: Earth's air quality smelling different from a Side, Shiro wearing a space suit inside his Gundam. Shiro getting shot at for peeping shouldn't be surprising to him.

Macross 3
Everyone has clown shoes in this show, I love it.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear season 2 PV:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDFz9WhNsk&t=46s

The teaser visual is adorable AF.

vmAEWGv.jpg

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Urusei Yatsura

I am pretty sure they took most of the Kurama appearances from the manga and just abridged her story into this one episode. Not that I am complaining, it's actually an interesting adaptation choice to take a very episodic gag manga with some continuity and try and create a more streamlined, serialized version of it. It also explains how they will adapt all of it in 4 cours.

Anyway, I don't want to hear folks complaining about Denji being slightly horny when Ataru goddamn exists.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Akiba Maid War 5
I 100% need a time skip with Nagomi taking over the role of Ranko.

I feel the same, TBH - they're pretty clearly setting up a parallel with her and Ranko's past, but they keep shying away (so far) by keeping her out of the violence.

Curious to see if that holds up for the rest of the show or not.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights 2

I love the mood and composition they are going for with this adaptation. Very cinematic with that aspect ratio too. Its still a victim of exposition drops by its nature of being a VN portion of a gacha though. These gacha adaptations really need to learn how to let the viewer intuit the nature of its world through the visual/audio medium of Anime better, they actually have a lot of that going on already with some good establishing shots. Lots of stop and start combat encounters as they try to leave the city, its been weird seeing the tactical nature of the game being employed here. Fucking hated Faust and his bullshit absurd sniper damage lol.

The opening and endings are great with the former being especially hype. Looks like that "ending" from the event was just an "image song" or whatever. I guess it wouldn't have fit the mood as well as the actual ending.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Arknights - 2

It's refreshing seeing this kind of tactical maneuver in an anime instead of just having people blasting each other with super power (though we get that too lol) or martial art. I also really love all those close up reaction shots lol.

The expositions are still kinda awkward but I guess it's fine if they want to get these out of the way asap.

The op is definitely in my top 3 of the season.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Chainsaw Man - 4

You know what, I'd actually love if this somehow turned into a slice-of-life show about these three living together. I never thought I'd say this, but the action has so far surprisingly been the weakest element of the show for me. It's well animated, but it just doesn't really do much else for me.

Arknights - 2

Still has some pacing and exposition issues, but also still continues to execute key moments very well, particularly Talulah's introduction.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Ersatz Mahouka 1-5

UEd9Ykm.jpeg

"Our protag wiped out a populated district of the city but shhh let's not mention that."

This did sort of settle on what it wanted to be after #2 as was foretold but even so, still feels pretty at odds with itself. There's inherent conflict between the Opm'esque wink wink look at us, we're self aware comedy part and then show relishing in that very premise most of the time. Which isn't perhaps the most serious of problems, especially in a show like this but since this comedy here is pretty painful and barren in repertoire, it hurts more than it should. The other thing will probably change but for now, the other members of the Garden feel weirdly pointless,perennialy at the edge of frame, without a thing to do since the focus is protagonist and the school. Which honestly, during #3, when in full dumb high school romcom mode, was probably the better part of the series. Unless that was just Hanakana.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Urusei Yatsura

I am pretty sure they took most of the Kurama appearances from the manga and just abridged her story into this one episode. Not that I am complaining, it's actually an interesting adaptation choice to take a very episodic gag manga with some continuity and try and create a more streamlined, serialized version of it. It also explains how they will adapt all of it in 4 cours.

Anyway, I don't want to hear folks complaining about Denji being slightly horny when Ataru goddamn exists.
Yeah I noticed that too and it was the right choice cause the original stories were nowhere near as tight and funny as this episode turned Out. I expect Rei's to be similar

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Arknights 2
love all the Enivronmental shots sometimes i spend more time looking at it then listening lol sadly info drops are still the hardest thing for them to tie in

they really know how to sell high level arts users queen's entrance was scary

OP is wonderful one my favs all season ED is no Running in the dark maybe i'll just start playing that at the end of each episode

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Cyberpunk Edgerunners 1-10
This show really had to break my heart huh..... Good thing DIY episode 5 came to the rescue..

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Official Arknights Japanese channel finally uploaded the OP and ED (embedding was disabled unfortunately)

www.youtube.com

『アークナイツ【黎明前奏/PRELUDE TO DAWN】』ノンクレジットオープニング / ReoNa 「Alive」

『アークナイツ【黎明前奏/PRELUDE TO DAWN】』のノンクレジットオープニング映像です。▼オープニングテーマ「Alive」歌:ReoNa作詞:rui( fade ) / ReoNa 作曲:rui( fade) 編曲:堀江 晶太 ...
www.youtube.com

『アークナイツ【黎明前奏/PRELUDE TO DAWN】』ノンクレジットエンディング / Doul「BE ME」

『アークナイツ【黎明前奏/PRELUDE TO DAWN】』のノンクレジットエンディング映像です。▼エンディングテーマ「BE ME」 DoulLyrics by Doul, Konnie AokiComposed by Doul, URUArranged by URU, DoulRecorded & Mixed ...

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Macross 4
Lynn's a weirdo. The kids getting married was stupid and funny. This was pretty neat!

Macross 5
Minmei is clearly written by a man, it's so bad 🤣 why do male writers always have women be this inexplicable and fickle creature like we aren't human or something?

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Gundam MS 08th Team 01-02

This is going to be one of those things where I'm the villain for not accepting the anime logic of love blooming on battlefield instead of getting shot in the face at first opportunity isn't it.

Last edited:

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1588796853814169600?s=20&t=WQUg7XBaRfRiTjuaufP_Ng

Readying myself for disappointment but hoping for a slim chance at this being worthwhile. So much that could go wrong. As long as it gets more people to read the novels I suppose.

I'm also readying myself for disappointment (are they actually gonna go in on the yuri aspect and pointed 4th-wall breaking conversations about the genre, or just leave it as Rei's 'rom-com/lecher' shenanigans), but at the same time....

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO!!

I really thought it was Nagomi that shot the sheep maid at the end.

Yeah, same, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.