• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Inazuma Eleven Ares 4
DcRuIteXUAEcbE_.jpg:large

This is SO GOOD. lmao. Thank you, Hino-sama

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Comic Girls 05

Man, what a great episode.
Kaos's self-deprecating lines are damn funny and Koyume and Tsubasa are so cute together

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Comic Girls 05

Wakaba! Wasn't expecting that.

Another great episode. It's kinda funny how everyone knows Koyume is crushing except for Tsu

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Yo-kai Watch Shadowside 3 and 4

Shit is good. Every episode is consistent, having a story with a beginning and an end. The characters, while looking boring, are very distinct from each other and make a difference when put together (most of the time). The jokes can be tasteless though - as you can see below. Fatphobia and body humour (male genital/hypermuscled bodies). I'm perched for the game.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I might be a slowpoke but ... lulz.

Kids on the Slope 01-02

This show is making me realise that every anime ever should be voiced in Eastern/Kansai/whatever dialect. Instant +3

Not really particularly vowed by anything so far but despite some familiar trappings it's different enough from your standard anime fair to be somewhat refreshing. Let's see how this love square unfolds ...

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Busted Trifecta - Episode 1 and 2

Really been enjoying this one. Horse-racing isn't something that's inherently interesting to me but thankfully the story of Rider as someone who made one last big bet on something everyone doubts him on and he's out to prove them wrong just really got me. Dare I say this is the most interesting horse anime of the season. The animation has been stellar and the visual direction is consistently exciting, staying fresh by tackling multiple, varied art-styles to illustrate different aspects of the story. And the soundtrack has been exceptionally good. Second only to Megalo Box this season. I was glad to see they already have the tracks out on Apple Music. That and the schedule of the show which is not set in stone but rather gives the animators the time to do their best work and not release until then are proof of an exceptionally well-managed production the likes of which we rarely see in this industry and it makes me feel even better about supporting this series in such a crowded season. Looking forward to what comes next because Rider and Buster Hilt are the duo to root for this spring.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
neat

it's nice to see someone who has risen to moderate fame from doing well done english anime vocal covers actually working in the industry for such things.

I think she is involved with anon noise and sentai as well but i am not sure on that.

oh double neat she apparently worked on tokyo ghoul for the japanese and english release.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is not interesting or new, and has been true for years. No one here really mentions disc sales and the rise of the short anime inquisition, the swift rise of anime films and stage plays and new age netflix and other digital streaming with black boxes of measures of reception suggested there are other ways anime properties bring in the yen.

Of course it is interesting. It isn't new as information but it's the first time that we have a clear declaration about this.

Also, BD and DVD sales are brought all the time in the internet to say that a anime is a success or not (and most of the time just using it), ignoring the fact that not every company is interested in this method and it's a unique situation for each anime with the different committee of each other.

It can be via BD, DVD, CD, manga, LN, streaming, soundtrack, games and different things depending on how the committee is made.

neat

it's nice to see someone who has risen to moderate fame from doing well done english anime vocal covers actually working in the industry for such things.

I think she is involved with anon noise and sentai as well but i am not sure on that.

oh double neat she apparently worked on tokyo ghoul for the japanese and english release.

Girl doing some work. Good for her.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai 5

Kaoru is a good boy actually.

So they finally did the official reveal of the other secret identity…to the viewers only. I wonder when everyone else is going to find out.

Oct 25, 2017
Free Take Your Marks

This was pretty much 5 episodes of the anime strung together as a movie. Did the world need another season of Free? Not really, but we are getting it regardlessly. The movie itself was pretty boring. You can only take "Nothing happens, Rin and Sosuke don't kiss in this one either" so much before it gets boring.
Why would you want that when RinHaru is canon. Bring on the MomoSousuke.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 4

Running out of things to say about this show outside of gahhhhhh the main couple is too cute and I'm insanely jealous of them.

It's still a good show. I just don't know what to actually say about it.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dorei-ku 4

This felt like a bit of a weaker episode compared to the preceding ones…until that last segment which was just, oh shiiiiiiiiiiit. 10/10 for execution on that reveal.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Megalo Box 5

As though this show wasn't raw and gritty enough already, now we have an emotionally and physically damaged war vet with a deeply personal grudge against Joe's trainer. And all because of a premature death report. Misunderstandings really can be a bitch.

Probably the best episode so far, if only because the personal nature of the stakes gave proceedings some real weight. Now let's see how Joe gets himself out of this latest mess.

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hisone to Masotan 4

…Well, congrats, Hisone. I think you're actually the least crazy of the D-Pilots.

These girls have issues.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Megalo Box 5
Some really heavy themes this episode with some great direction to back it up. Honestly this is probably my favourite episode so far. So many things to unpack from this.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Megalo Box 5

Whew the series didn't hold back with his backstory. Another great episode.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i bought the wotakoi manga in eng and it seems okay. wondering if i should pick up the show at some point

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Meglo Box Episode 5:

Well, I wasn't expecting a treatise on how war veterans are treated like shit and sometimes never leave the battlefield and I think I am just going to go stare at a wall for 30 minutes.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Megalobox

Well shit, that got heavy. So I'm assuming this is where the "gearless" ends. He gets destroyed and realizes he has to give up the gimmick?

cnet128

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Megalobox

Well shit, that got heavy. So I'm assuming this is where the "gearless" ends. He gets destroyed and realizes he has to give up the gimmick?
If the goal is to make Joe realise that he's totally outclassed by gear-users, then someone who explicitly uses super-light gear that only marginally enhances his strength, instead relying largely on his natural agility and technique, is a weird choice of opponent to demonstrate it.

Though equally, he could serve as an good example of the kind of gear Joe himself might be best suited to.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Wotakoi 05

Orange hair is an abusive asshole. I almost didn't finish this episode. I'm not sure I'll have the desire to watch another one.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
If the goal is to make Joe realise that he's totally outclassed by gear-users, then someone who explicitly uses super-light gear that only marginally enhances his strength, instead relying largely on his natural agility and technique, is a weird choice of opponent to demonstrate it.

Though equally, he could serve as an good example of the kind of gear Joe himself might be best suited to.

Yeah, I'd agree. I would just find it weird if he loses this easily and decides to jump back in the ring right away without gear.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like how Captain Tsubasa is being streamed officially in France but not on any service in NA. Obviously Tsubasa is very popular in France but still.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Tada-kun ep.5
I'm surprised at the fanservice section, even though it was pretty mild and focused more on the boys... poor Pin-senpai got what he deserved.

At least we finally got the reveal that we already knew about Theresa..

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Megalobox 5
Some of the hits are harder and deeper than I expected. That ending makes it seem like Joe might need to give up the gearless shtick.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Megalobox 5

That was an unexpected subject matter. I think it handled it pretty well though. I wonder if the fight is really over already.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

I'm thinking more like he'll win and Akaragi will give Joe his gear.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid 04

Bad guys: "Ha ha, we're listening in on your communications!"

Mithril: "lol it's opposite day"

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Top-tier ED holy shit. Lord knows I don't care for the show itself but damn this song is fantastic. If you haven't listened to it, please do because it's beautiful.
(Also, it's on iTunes/Apple Music/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.